ruck1b

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

First let me begin by saying I know this is a touchy subject but it is my hope that this brings thoughtful and thought provoking discussion.  If you feel that this topic is too touchy for you I ask that you do not participate in it.  Now to the questions.

For those that believe the Bible to be the Word of God, what do you mean by that? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Right there is the only definition a christian should follow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Yeah that is my answer as well. 

1 minute ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

That is not what I asked?    In any case what would you consider scripture? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Pretty sure it is what you asked. You asked what it was. Scripture, answers that pretty well. 

And what I consider scripture? The 66 books in the modern Bible. 

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Pretty sure it is what you asked. You asked what it was. Scripture, answers that pretty well. 

And what I consider scripture? The 66 books in the modern Bible. 

No, this is what I asked

52 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

For those that believe the Bible to be the Word of God, what do you mean by that? 

Where does Paul tell Timothy that scripture is the Word of God?   How did the books of the NT become seen as the Word of God?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,419
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

49 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

God the creator of all things and the entire universe has given to mankind whom he has made in his image and likeness a written account of our history and destination, yes by men whom he have spiritually impregnated with his word to pen it.  

Paul had the Damascus episode that God actually spoke to him.  So, if one would believe that took place, then you can see clearly that God has chosen his method to convey his word to  men.   Moses went up to the mountain and came back with the ten commandments.  It all comes down to DO YOU BELIEVE THE WORD. 

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

God the creator of all things and the entire universe has given to mankind whom he has made in his image and likeness a written account of our history and destination, yes by men whom he have spiritually impregnated with his word to pen it.  

Paul had the Damascus episode that God actually spoke to him.  So, if one would believe that took place, then you can see clearly that God has chosen his method to convey his word to  men.   Moses went up to the mountain and came back with the ten commandments.  It all comes down to DO YOU BELIEVE THE WORD. 

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying because of that experience Paul wrote now was writing scripture.   What separates Paul from others have an experience off God speaking to them?  Would they not be considered as writing the word of God as well?  Also where are we told that what is written is the Word of God.   Is there a "test" so to speak as to what is God's word and what isn't his word?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,419
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

5 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying because of that experience Paul wrote now was writing scripture.   What separates Paul from others have an experience off God speaking to them?  Would they not be considered as writing the word of God as well?  Also where are we told that what is written is the Word of God.   Is there a "test" so to speak as to what is God's word and what isn't his word?

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Holy Spirit convicts man as to truth and every believer has to come to his conclusion by the conviction of that truth.  The Holy spirit is with all believers and throughout their lives.  It is a living experience that you yourself has to experience and then come to testimony of God word the Bible is the truth and word of God.

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Holy Spirit convicts man as to truth and every believer has to come to his conclusion by the conviction of that truth.  The Holy spirit is with all believers and throughout their lives.  It is a living experience that you yourself has to experience and then come to testimony of God word the Bible is the truth and word of God.

What you said in bold is pretty  profound in my opinion.  It actually gets to a reality that I don't think we totally believe, but I will digress from that for a moment. 

I present the question again and I would like to further it a bit...when did the NT become God's Word?  Is all of the OT God's word?    Also is there a "test" concerning what is and what is not God's word?