IGNORED

How and Why do you believe in someone you cannot see?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/30/2016 at 5:34 PM, zdanman said:

I am who some may call a 'seeker' but have grown discouraged. Grew up in a religious household and now am in my late 20s.

Its easy to see the God exists. Creation makes that evident.

I feel like I know God. I've felt His presence. I don't know doctrinally who He is... the God of Abraham; Mohammed; or the Trinity.

I'm sure he is not 100% pleased with me and the way I live but I can only do so much in this skin. I have many ingrained desires and wants which, without supernatural help, I cannot overcome.

But I just cannot come to believe in Jesus (and I have tried for over 20 years). I cannot see him. And there is no evidence of him from what I can see except from history and what people call the New Testament which I have read over many times and yes it is very beautiful and thoughtfully written albeit by men. The message is very compelling but it stops there - at 'believe in me'.

So I raise this question, to help me understand, to those on this forum who say they know Jesus on a personal level - how do you believe in someone you cannot see?

How do you know that you know Jesus on a personal level and not the God of Abraham or some other?

Remember nature tells us there is a God, however I know of nothing that tells me there is a Jesus and He is alive today.... nothing.

How do you know who you are talking to when you pray is Jesus and not the God of Abraham or Mohammed?

You answered your own question,you said God exists,therefore Jesus exists,both are one so whichever you pray to is God,God has had 3 forms known through out the bible allow me to tell you of all 3...

1.God's original almighty and full glory form(if you looked upon his face you would die)

2.Jesus/Immanuel(this name means God with us)/son of God:form of God in which he became flesh as Jesus yet was still all powerful but not in full glory(you wouldn't die looking upon his face)dieing for everyone's sin and resurrecting after 3 days and later ascended into heaven so his disciples and likewise now we can receive the comforter the holy spirit to teach us as we read the bible and bring to reminder scriptures we've read,and even speak through us and give knowledge through our minds

3.the Holy spirit/Holy ghost/Comforter/spirit of truth:all powerful,omni present,yet more discreet(not usually visually seen) form of God,that he takes to teach us through our minds and lead us to what is right to say and do through our minds.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148

On 12/30/2016 at 3:34 PM, zdanman said:

how do you believe in someone you cannot see?

Seek God with all of your heart and you WILL find Him as the scriptures say. This has nothing to do with "playing church." Oh, no, God does not dwell in buildings but in those who love Him. I can say that I have more experiential knowledge of Jesus Christ as God in my less than two years of following Him than most people have had in their lifetimes. Why? Well, I picked up the Holy Scriptures and believed every word because my first encounter with Jesus (when I came to Him by faith) was with Him in the flesh (story for another time). But He's continued to prove Himself to me as God everyday since.

I know God's still, soft, perfect voice of love in my mind from my own voice and the voices of devils. He has proven to me by following that perfect voice of love that He does indeed know everything and is indeed perfect in love. I have seen more healing miracles by my own prayers in Jesus' name (manifest in seconds) than I can count. I have had experiences with angels and demons masquerading as angels. My soul has been taken out of my body and into the literal Heaven and the literal Hell. I've seen prophecies that God has spoken to me come to pass. I can go on and on about what I've seen God do and why I know God. If you really want to get into the details of how to go about this walk, search "Daniel Quartararo" on YouTube and join into what God is doing there. There is hours of material there. I hope to see you there! God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name! :) -Daniel

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

The word "also" there makes it a little difficult for me to believe in Jesus because all throughout The Old Testament, God (The Lord) makes it crystal clear that He is just One and that there are no other gods besides Him. He goes as far as to say in Deuteronomy 13 that He might send prophets who would test people's faith by spreading false doctrines about other gods. How do we know that the people who included Jesus in The Trinity are not such prophets or that Jesus Himself was not such a prophet?

Look up "echad" throughout TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT.   YHVH'S WORD is AMAZING !!!!!!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 12/31/2016 at 12:34 AM, zdanman said:

I am who some may call a 'seeker' but have grown discouraged. Grew up in a religious household and now am in my late 20s.

Its easy to see the God exists. Creation makes that evident.

I feel like I know God. I've felt His presence. I don't know doctrinally who He is... the God of Abraham; Mohammed; or the Trinity.

I'm sure he is not 100% pleased with me and the way I live but I can only do so much in this skin. I have many ingrained desires and wants which, without supernatural help, I cannot overcome.

But I just cannot come to believe in Jesus (and I have tried for over 20 years). I cannot see him. And there is no evidence of him from what I can see except from history and what people call the New Testament which I have read over many times and yes it is very beautiful and thoughtfully written albeit by men. The message is very compelling but it stops there - at 'believe in me'.

So I raise this question, to help me understand, to those on this forum who say they know Jesus on a personal level - how do you believe in someone you cannot see?

How do you know that you know Jesus on a personal level and not the God of Abraham or some other?

Remember nature tells us there is a God, however I know of nothing that tells me there is a Jesus and He is alive today.... nothing.

How do you know who you are talking to when you pray is Jesus and not the God of Abraham or Mohammed?

believing in God is a matter of seeking Him - we can invoke Him and ask Him for overall salvation - He is the only one that can provide all humans/souls with abundant and eternal life, which is why the true Saints seek Him, because They love humans/souls and want there to be salvation for them

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  146

I came to belief largely through studying historical evidence surrounding the resurrection, scientific impossibilities of our universe existing without a designer, and incredibly accurate Bible prophecies which foretold the Messiah.  If that is the sort of stuff you are looking for, I would be happy to share.  Just say so :)

• Thumbs Up 1