• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

12 hours ago, sevenup said:

I think you can literally eat a baby and still repent and be saved

well, that's pretty much the truth-- many people in tribes that did practice cannibalism did come to know Christ and where saved--- and medicines based on fetal stem cells comes pretty close to eating a baby- if a person becomes aware and convicted of the they can ask for forgiveness.     Now I know you profess unbelief- so I hope I don't sound Dogmatic- but I believe Christ is God-- also believe God knows all-- so when Jesus was hanging on the cross getting ready to pay for all the sins of people that would come to him,,, knowing all,,, he knew every type of sin-- and did not say any could not be forgiven------ so, as harsh as it sounds, you could eat a baby and come to Christ for salvation and be saved

No, the penalty of the rejection of Christ does not take effect until you die. Until that time, everyone can be saved. So as long as you live, rejection of Jesus Christ is not unpardonable. So, ya, I guess you are right to that extent. But, you are not forgiven as long as you reject Jesus Christ as your savior, so that sin is unforgivable until you accept Christ. Catch 22 in human terms, I guess. I give you the last word.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 1/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, Rick_Parker said:

No, the penalty of the rejection of Christ does not take effect until you die. Until that time, everyone can be saved. So as long as you live, rejection of Jesus Christ is not unpardonable. So, ya, I guess you are right to that extent. But, you are not forgiven as long as you reject Jesus Christ as your savior, so that sin is unforgivable until you accept Christ. Catch 22 in human terms, I guess. I give you the last word.

On 1/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, Rick_Parker said:

guess. I give you the last word.

Okay, well I guess then, my last word would be to note about your statement:

"But, you are not forgiven as long as you reject Jesus Christ as your savior, so that sin is unforgivable until you accept Christ."

It seems to me that as long as one does reject Jesus, every sin is unforgivable, because the forgiveness of any sin, is conditioned upon the work of Jesus on the cross, and that we are justified on that basis IF we are believers. That being said, there is a monumental change, all sins go from conditional condemnation to conditional forgiveness of all sins. 

God does a work on the heart, gives the faith to believe, grants repentance etc. to those He chooses, except it appears that there is a sin, which He chooses as unique, a special blasphemy (Matt 12:24-32, Mark 3:22-30, Luke 11:15 & 12:12), which is never forgiven. 

Thank God for His willingness to rescue those of us who come to Him.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Some theologians argue that the only unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit which is not something that can be done today.

Unbelief - which many posts above comment on - is not an unforgivable sin  ("unforgivable" in the sense that if you ask for forgiveness for something you won't get it). Any person today in the world who repents of their sins and asks forgiveness from God through Christ will be given forgiveness.

If you die without asking forgiveness from God, you can't say that's unforgivable because you've not asked for it. "Unforgivable" does not equal "not forgiven".

Blaspheming the Spirit is described by some as those who saw Jesus and His miracles yet refused to acknowledge Him as Lord. They were fully convinced and had all the evidence they would ever need that He was God in human flesh, but they had so much pride and sin that they rejected Him. So if these people asked for forgiveness (and they more than likely never would), they would never be forgiven. Thus it was unforgivable.

I would recommend that you are fully considering your life, that you have repented of your sins, and are trusting the finished work of Christ to cleanse you of your sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 1/2/2017 at 3:08 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Actually I agree that we need to preach, because we are told to. I just don't find it Biblical, to assume that everyone we preach to, is condemned to Hell, since their sin of unbelief, is unforgivable. To think, I was once an unbeliever, so I had committed to unforgivable sin, according to the Gospel according to Rick Parker.

However, I am going to have to stick with the Bible on this one, and trust that Jesus forgave my sins, paying for them by dying on the cross. If that understanding is correct, then clearly my failure to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment in full for my sin, was forgivable after all. That is why I suggested a rewording. In your version they are lost and without hope, since they have committed the unforgivable sin, see what I mean?

Your reply is interesting and new to me.

I'd like to understand better...  If you trust Jesus to forgive your sins, paying for them by dying on the cross, what do you mean by " not accepting His sacrifice as payment in full".

Fran

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 1/11/2017 at 4:29 PM, Fran C said:

what do you mean by "not accepting His sacrifice as payment in full"

:mgdetective:

His Law

Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are. Romans 3:19-20 (New Living Translation)

And

Because all people have sinned, they have fallen short of God's glory. They receive God's approval freely by an act of his kindness through the price Christ Jesus paid to set us free [from sin]. God showed that Christ is the throne of mercy where God's approval is given through faith in Christ's blood. In his patience God waited to deal with sins committed in the past. He waited so that he could display his approval at the present time. This shows that he is a God of justice, a God who approves of people who believe in Jesus.

So, do we have anything to brag about? Bragging has been eliminated. On what basis was it eliminated? On the basis of our own efforts? No, indeed! Rather, it is eliminated on the basis of faith. We conclude that a person has God's approval by faith, not by his own efforts. Romans 3:23-28 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

His Salvation

"Truly, truly, I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

2 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

His Law

Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are. Romans 3:19-20 (New Living Translation)

And

Because all people have sinned, they have fallen short of God's glory. They receive God's approval freely by an act of his kindness through the price Christ Jesus paid to set us free [from sin]. God showed that Christ is the throne of mercy where God's approval is given through faith in Christ's blood. In his patience God waited to deal with sins committed in the past. He waited so that he could display his approval at the present time. This shows that he is a God of justice, a God who approves of people who believe in Jesus.

So, do we have anything to brag about? Bragging has been eliminated. On what basis was it eliminated? On the basis of our own efforts? No, indeed! Rather, it is eliminated on the basis of faith. We conclude that a person has God's approval by faith, not by his own efforts. Romans 3:23-28 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

His Salvation

"Truly, truly, I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (New Heart English Bible)

~

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Hi FresnoJoe

I agree with all of the above.

But this means you DO accept His sacrifice as payment in full, right?

Apparently I misunderstood your original post.  If so, I'm sorry.

It does seem from the above that you do believe in Jesus and ACCEPT His sacrifice.

It seemed to me that you were saying that you DO believe in Jesus but DO NOT accept His sarifice.  I had never heard this before.

Fran

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

His Law

And

His Salvation

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

~

6 hours ago, Fran C said:

Hi FresnoJoe

I agree with all of the above.

But this means you DO accept His sacrifice as payment in full, right?

Apparently I misunderstood your original post.  If so, I'm sorry.

It does seem from the above that you do believe in Jesus and ACCEPT His sacrifice.

It seemed to me that you were saying that you DO believe in Jesus but DO NOT accept His sacrifice.  I had never heard this before.

:emot-heartbeat:

If One Believes

For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Romans 3:28 (New International Version)

In Jesus

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 (New Living Translation)

One Accepts His Sacrifice

knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1:18-21 (English Standard Version)

Is That Your

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (Berean Study Bible)

Question

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5 (American King James Version)

6 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

~

If One Believes

For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Romans 3:28 (New International Version)

In Jesus

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 (New Living Translation)

One Accepts His Sacrifice

knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1:18-21 (English Standard Version)

Is That Your

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (Berean Study Bible)

Question

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5 (American King James Version)

Amen Brother FresnoJoe.

:)

Fran

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:08 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Actually I agree that we need to preach, because we are told to. I just don't find it Biblical, to assume that everyone we preach to, is condemned to Hell, since their sin of unbelief, is unforgivable. To think, I was once an unbeliever, so I had committed to unforgivable sin, according to the Gospel according to Rick Parker.

However, I am going to have to stick with the Bible on this one, and trust that Jesus forgave my sins, paying for them by dying on the cross. If that understanding is correct, then clearly my failure to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment in full for my sin, was forgivable after all. That is why I suggested a rewording. In your version they are lost and without hope, since they have committed the unforgivable sin, see what I mean?

Hi Omegaman,

I was scrolling through this thread and realized I misunderstood something you posted.  It sounded as though you were saying that you believe in Jesus but do not accept His sacrifice on the cross.  I see that you're only putting that forth as a hypothetical. 

I couldn't understand how someone could BELIEVE in Jesus, but NOT accept His sacrifice.  Ooops!!

Blessings

Fran