trulyfulfilled

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What's the unforgivable sin?? If I just had a thought go through my mind that maybe Jesus did cast out demons by the ruler of demons, is that the unforgivable sin? I know Jesus DID NOT cast out demons by the ruler of demons. It was just an evil thought I had. It was triggered by my believing/worrying that Jesus was not going to save me due to my past failures/mistakes. But maybe it's too late for me after having that thought, and now I'm going to Hell? Have I committed the unforgivable sin?? Please be honest. Maybe that is why I can't shake the condemnation that has tormented me this year. Another thought I had was, "What kind of a God are you?" because I didn't think He was going to save me. I desperately hope I'm saved or still can be!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

I don't know how I'll ever be sure of my salvation again.

The only unforgivable sin is not accepting the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment in full for your sins. Everything else has already been paid for.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

22 hours ago, trulyfulfilled said:

What's the unforgivable sin?? If I just had a thought go through my mind that maybe Jesus did cast out demons by the ruler of demons, is that the unforgivable sin? I know Jesus DID NOT cast out demons by the ruler of demons. It was just an evil thought I had. It was triggered by my believing/worrying that Jesus was not going to save me due to my past failures/mistakes. But maybe it's too late for me after having that thought, and now I'm going to Hell? Have I committed the unforgivable sin?? Please be honest. Maybe that is why I can't shake the condemnation that has tormented me this year. Another thought I had was, "What kind of a God are you?" because I didn't think He was going to save me. I desperately hope I'm saved or still can be!

I think you can literally eat a baby and still repent and be saved.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

The only unforgivable sin is not accepting the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment in full for your sins. Everything else has already been paid for.

Would you consider rethinking how that is worded. There are umpteen million people alive today, who have not accepted the sacrifice of Jesus. If that is the unforgivable sin, then they are all damned and our preaching is useless.

22 hours ago, trulyfulfilled said:

I don't know how I'll ever be sure of my salvation again.

I not so sure certainty is even healthy. No doubt that are many people who are lost, but have assurance of salvation. People who examine themselves, are mindful of their shortcomings, and go the the throne of grace saying "be merciful to me, a sinner" 

That is a good position to be in. That you desire that assurance is good. It keeps you humble, and is evidence that the Spirit is drawing you and working on you. You have an interest in the things of God. Good!

Salvation does not depend on what you do, it depends on what He did, be confident is His work, but examine you own life for evidence of salvation, and work it out with fear and trembling. Keep your eyes on Him, as the author of salvation, and on yourself, to examine how best to respond.

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Would you consider rethinking how that is worded. There are umpteen million people alive today, who have not accepted the sacrifice of Jesus. If that is the unforgivable sin, then they are all damned and our preaching is useless.

Nope. If you are without Christ and His Salvation (Sacrifice) than you are indeed damned. Yet, your preaching is not useless, but is in obedience to the great commission. So, I'll stick by my wording.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 12/31/2016 at 0:52 PM, trulyfulfilled said:

I believe this may help clear things up: http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/what-is-the-unforgivable-sin

I think most people who fear this are people who have not committed the sin yet. Be at peace; seek God and ask him to cleanse you and strengthen you!

6 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Nope. If you are without Christ and His Salvation (Sacrifice) than you are indeed damned. Yet, your preaching is not useless, but is in obedience to the great commission. So, I'll stick by my wording.

Actually I agree that we need to preach, because we are told to. I just don't find it Biblical, to assume that everyone we preach to, is condemned to Hell, since their sin of unbelief, is unforgivable. To think, I was once an unbeliever, so I had committed to unforgivable sin, according to the Gospel according to Rick Parker.

However, I am going to have to stick with the Bible on this one, and trust that Jesus forgave my sins, paying for them by dying on the cross. If that understanding is correct, then clearly my failure to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross as payment in full for my sin, was forgivable after all. That is why I suggested a rewording. In your version they are lost and without hope, since they have committed the unforgivable sin, see what I mean?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:52 PM, trulyfulfilled said:

I desperately hope I'm saved or still can be!

Hello Truly,  couple of quick questions to see if I can help and know where you are at---  If you think that you are ( or where ) saved- what do you base your hope of salvation on? If you are basing it on something that you have done- like getting Baptised or going forward at an altar call or some other religious type activity , it would be good to do what Paul says and " Examine yourself to see if you be of the faith"-- meaning is your salvation hope based on what Jesus did on the cross and his blood sacrifice for your sins?? or is it based on some work that you did?????

If you have based your hope on what Jesus did for you only and not on what you did to make him happy, it is pretty safe to assume that you are saved. If your salvation hope is based on anything but the blood-- you need to understand salvation better, and that  is a gift from God- (based on Jesus sacrifice) and you have to accept it as such- it is free you cant earn it by any work-- a good prayer and attitude of the heart for you might be-- " Lord- I was wrong- I thought (fill in the blank) would save me, but now I understand only you can save me Lord and I trust your word that you will save me if I ask you to."-- now its not those specific words that save you, but your attitude of heart with the Lord.

so you either are saved- or you can get saved- the door is never closed-- the unforgiveable part is that you have to believe that Jesus is God in the flesh-- The Pharisees were actually called  him Satan- Its the Holy Spirits job to convince people Jesus is God-- so they where calling the Holy  Spirit a liar-- or blaspheming him.  A person that does not think Jesus is God, will not come to him for forgiveness, soooo~~~~ If you believe Jesus is God- you have not called the Holy Spirit a liar-  an errant or stray unguarded thought will not condemn you-- if you are saved-- there is NO WAY you can be unsaved- once you accept Christ it is his job to keep you saved not your job to stay saved---------- That is why we call Him  the Savior.

Dear One- be at peace- either you are or can still be saved-- if you have further questions or doubts feel free to message me-- Have a Good New Year, Bruce in Wisconsin

Edited by woundeddog