• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Just for the record, FallOut is not a child's game. 

I have it, right along with about 15 other games (First person shooters) just like it and yes, It is a child's game, since no matter how old your physical age is, you are a child if you play these games.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I have it, right along with about 15 other games (First person shooters) just like it and yes, It is a child's game, since no matter how old your physical age is, you are a child if you play these games.

That is a rather condescending comment.

• Group:  Diamond Member

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is a rather condescending comment.

It's called self-degradating humor. Everything I said was directed against me. How is that condescending?

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

It's called self-degradating humor. Everything I said was directed against me. How is that condescending?

Because you are not the only one who plays such games. 

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Because you are not the only one who plays such games. 

It's a hallmark of the political correct movement to assume what will offend others then take it upon oneself to defend them, even though those people have not been asked. That way no one discusses anything and everything defaults to the political elite who use those same issues to divide us.

I don't play that and I certainly don't coddle any special snowflake that lays around whimpering and hugging a puppy like these college kids. If they take themselves so seriously that they take offense to this then they can take a flying leap into their little safe zones and leave reality to those who can handle it.

18 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

It's a hallmark of the political correct movement to assume what will offend others then take it upon oneself to defend them, even though those people have not been asked. That way no one discusses anything and everything defaults to the political elite who use those same issues to divide us.

I don't play that and I certainly don't coddle any special snowflake that lays around whimpering and hugging a puppy like these college kids. If they take themselves so seriously that they take offense to this then they can take a flying leap into their little safe zones and leave reality to those who can handle it.

I do not assume what will offend others, I was offended.  I have the game, play it along with many others.  That does not make me a child, it makes me an adult that likes computer games just like some like knitting or what have you.

Not being rude is not the same as being politically correct.

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I do not assume what will offend others, I was offended.  I have the game, play it along with many others.  That does not make me a child, it makes me an adult that likes computer games just like some like knitting or what have you.

Not being rude is not the same as being politically correct.

Child's.....Game!!! Not being rude. Being truthful.

5 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Child's.....Game!!! Not being rude. Being truthful.

That is your opinion, and opinions can definitely be rude. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 1/4/2017 at 6:23 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

Coolidge lived in a different time, his views were the right ones for the time, but now the world is interconnected in ways he could never have dreamed of.  

I liked much of Buchanan's isolationist views in the area of foreign policy and our military, if not totally agreeing with him on trade.  

That interconnectivity is still just a progression of the interconnectivity from then. Humans are still humans and all of the things that have more interconnected humanity since then have been a result of a simple progression of decisions. Those decisions can just as easily be undone. Just because the current paradigm is the current paradigm doesn't mean it always will be, just like there was no assurance than it was then. The idea of protecting factory jobs from foreign competition is not something that is any different now than it was then anyway. It's not like interconnectivity really has a strong bearing on that sort of thing. It's a situation where you either choose to do it or you choose not to.

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

That interconnectivity is still just a progression of the interconnectivity from then. Humans are still humans and all of the things that have more interconnected humanity since then have been a result of a simple progression of decisions. Those decisions can just as easily be undone. Just because the current paradigm is the current paradigm doesn't mean it always will be, just like there was no assurance than it was then. The idea of protecting factory jobs from foreign competition is not something that is any different now than it was then anyway. It's not like interconnectivity really has a strong bearing on that sort of thing. It's a situation where you either choose to do it or you choose not to.

I would have to disagree with the idea the decisions could "easily" be undone.  Short of a catastrophic event, the inter-connectivity cannot be undone.