Why do I want to go to hell?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I know Christ is real. I know Christ died on the cross for me to have a chance. He showed me he's real.. and I wasn't indoctrinated into believing, he just showed up. What keeps me from going FULL BLAST JESUS MODE?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

you have an intellectual knowledge of who he is--- what is needed to "go full blast" is the Holy Spirit working in your heart-- its not something you can generate by your own effort. If you think it would be wise to be completely committed to Christ- but you haven't got the umphh to do it- a very legitimate prayer would be " Lord- I know ABOUT you , but I do not KNOW you. Please Lord- send your Holy Spirit to help me know you.

It may sound like feeble excuse to not be going full blst- but unless the Lord gives you the power---- you cant do it for real

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, woundeddog said:

you have an intellectual knowledge of who he is--- what is needed to "go full blast" is the Holy Spirit working in your heart-- its not something you can generate by your own effort. If you think it would be wise to be completely committed to Christ- but you haven't got the humph to do it- a very legitimate prayer would be " Lord- I know ABOUT you , but I do not KNOW you. Please Lord- send your Holy Spirit to help me know you.

It may sound like feeble excuse to not be going full blast- but unless the Lord gives you the power---- you can't do it for real

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 (New International Version)

And

Then he said to me, "This is what the LORD says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. Zechariah 4:6 (New Living Translation)

Amen~!

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ Mark 12:30 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

You KNOW what it is that holds you back, you know but deny, there are many many believers just like you, I know, I struggle everyday finding what it is, what behavior, what thinking, what I have been doing is revealed to me, yet it is a struggle to PRACTICE, not doing those thing, catching your thoughts, your tongue from the things that stir up within us emotions that cause us to say or do things that we KNOW is not good for us.

That is the struggle in life, PRACTICING Godly behaviors, because we live in a body of sin that, thank God, we will be removed from, cause this body is of this world, and this world is sinful.  You must REFRAIN from behaviors that lead to emotional reaction that then become habit.

You must read the Word and watch how Jesus talked, How He responded, Read Proverbs, but you must stop the negative behaviors and replace them ONE for ONE replacement with a behavior that is Godly.

Jesus is our template, immitate Him, understand what He said, what He meant, and DO His commands, by doing good, it becomes habit through practice!! That is how you grow, until you are no longer shining the light for you to see, but shining forth for others to see too!!

So go, read what you must do, and practice.

Peace to you, and wisdom to do what you must.