Bible reading

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why do i find few people afraid of reading Bible on their own?? They want to depend on their preacher's interpretation of God's rather than speaking with God Himself

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:sherlock:

Many Many Believers Joyfully Gather Together

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalms 122:1 (Jubilee Bible 2000)

As A Family To Study God's Words

Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have established the earth, and it stands fast. By your appointment they stand this day, for all things are your servants. Psalms 119:89-91 (English Standard Version)

And To Worship Him

Praise the LORD, my soul. All that is within me, praise his holy name. Psalms 103:1 (New Heart English Bible)

~

As We Age, Some Of Us Are Not Able To Sit For Long Times In Such A Gathering
So We Gather And Study Together In Communities Like Worthy
And We Worship The LORD And Pray Over Each Other
And Often We May Share What
God Gives Us

Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.

Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me.  have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.

I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn aside from your rules, for you have taught me.

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding;
therefore I hate every false way. Psalms 119:97-104
(English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

There are a few possibilities,

lets see,

Satan, satan is the deceiver, and because you are a believer, he tries extra hard to manipulate the world around you that he may lead you astray. He infiltrates a group, he then SLOWLY twists and turns words and definitions, until the group no longer knows what group they joined. But within generations some will believe the lie, the lie will be spread as gospel, as common knowledge or a common interpretation, and the lie becomes a new truth. Nobody even questions it anymore.

So it is with even Christians, within different sects, within different churches, within even sunday schools in the same church!!

Now what you see around you are mature churches whos differences are based on interpretation, but there are soo many that when you commit to one, you commit to their teachings, no questions asked, you just assume everyone else is wrong, UNTIL....

You learn that the ONLY teacher you need is the HOLY SPIRIT, He "teaches us all things."

Yet we have teachers do we not? We have pastors do we not? Yes, because of the gifts of the Spirit, each person receiving a gift, that they can use if they so choose. but, not all are called to teach, not all recognize what gift they have, soo we have some who teach without the gift, preach because THEY wanted to, and they mistook their personal feelings for the gift. Thats where you find confusion.

Soo satan has infiltrated, satan has twisted the word, and doctrines of demons arise.

Soo of course satan does not want you to read, because when YOU read, when you are alone with God, thats when miracles happen.

Pray fervently, BELIEVE, have faith, know he is real, but first you must know who to listen to, that person is Yeshua, Jesus, listen and read HIS words, and pray and study , always seeking truth. You must READ the Word to KNOW what it is you believe.

In conclusion, Deception is the answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I do read the Bible on my own.  But it is good to compare my interpretation with that of my pastor as well as that of other commentators.  My own pastor most often has agreed with what God has revealed to me, and he also compares his teaching with that of other great teachers.  

Even the apostle Paul compared his teaching and gospel with that of the church leaders in Jerusalem.  If we are too far afield from what others are teaching we may want to pray about it and reconsider our understanding.  I have had to do this several times while here on Worthy, the last time because I had confused God's foreknowledge with His predestination.  And God always gives us peace when we understand the teaching of the Holy Spirit.  He sets us free with the truth.  Lies or imperfect interpretation create confusion and a troubled spirit.  So we let the peace of God rule or act as an umpire in our hearts.  

There are foundational truths in Scripture that help us to understand other parts and subjects in the Bible as well.  They cause lightbulbs to go on in our mind and the new comprehension is exciting as Scripture interprets Scripture.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/3/2017 at 3:47 AM, Bharathi said:

Why do i find few people afraid of reading Bible on their own?? They want to depend on their preacher's interpretation of God's rather than speaking with God Himself

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, people are too lazy to even think. Due to the enormous amount of pleasures the world offers, people have embraced the era of “fast food”, “instant foods”, etc. People want everything ready.

So they also want to go to church and find someone to pray for them, to meditate on the Holy Scripture for them, to show them how they should praise the Eternal (being that they are not really interested in it at all).

May Jesus free us from all negligence and evil.

·        “Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: and I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.” (Matthew 25.24-27).