Christian Life

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How can a new Christian deal with doubtful thoughts about the bible and Gods word,particularly when he has to wait for so long to get and answer of God support for his new found way of life. (I just want him to tell me he knows I am here,and doing what I am doing because I want to knw him)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Anyating

Welcome to Worthy......Q & A is not a discussion Thread & I am thinking you probably were hoping to talk about these things.....I sent you a PM with some posting info)    Anyway,I am here  to celebrate the Joy of your Salvation as the Angels in Heaven are!!!!!

There is one simple thing to know,,,,,,

Romas10:16But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”…

Gods Brace has given every one of us a "measure of Faith" that measure of Faith has lead you on a quest to seek God & He has drawn you unto Himself.....to the foot of the cross,to Jesus .....Your Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus IS(God the Son).....has brought you unto the Abundance of Gods Grace,where you now remain with the Guaranteed Seal of Redemption on your spirit.............Praise Jesus!!!!

This is but the beginning of a LIfe More Abundant.....now you have been made ALIVE,in Christ......& Faith comes by hearing the Word of God

"Oh,but this is what I long for",you say......Well,now,just like a new born baby that has new life,so do you & you must feed LIFE,,,,,,you feed this new life(your Spirit) with His Word,,,,,,with all of your heart& mind,as God to Reveal Himself to you,in His Word & indeed,you will get to KNOW HIM & your RELATIONSHIP will GROW.......just ask & Believe,with an open teachable heart                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

All you have to do is marvel at His creation.  Look at the stars in the night sky, admire the oceans, the beauty of His creation, the intricacy of the human being's brain;  the more you study these things the more questions you will have.  And you will realize that only a Supreme Intelligence can design such marvels.  

Rom 1:18 AMP For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative. Rom 1:19  For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

Rom 1:20  For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification], [Psa 19:1-4] Rom 1:21  Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened. Rom 1:22  Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Heb 11:6 NKJV  But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

HAVE YOU TURNED AWAY FROM YOUR SINFUL LIFE AND ASKED GOD, IF THERE IS A GOD, TO FORGIVE YOU?     That is the first step to becoming a Christian.  

Have you read the New Testament?  AMP Rom 5:8  But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us.

You simply choose to believe God's Word and accept the death of Christ as His demonstration of His love for you, or you reject His love and his Word.  Do you know deep inside that you need forgiveness?  Then ask for it and receive His death as the payment for your sins. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

1 hour ago, Anyating Johnkelly said:

How can a new Christian deal with doubtful thoughts about the bible and Gods word,particularly when he has to wait for so long to get and answer of God support for his new found way of life. (I just want him to tell me he knows I am here,and doing what I am doing because I want to knw him)

It sounds like you are asking a question for someone else.

There are many stories in the bible but the same premise in each story.

God reveals Himself to man, offers a positive end, there are tests, sacrifices are made, mistakes are made, forgiveness is given, Gods love and mercy along with His initial promise are made evident.

As a new believer, you must seek out that which God has to reveal to you. You do that by reading the Word, as you read you may not comprehend every verse, but keep reading, you are inputting His Word into your heart and your mind. Then as you are reading, praying about a certain situation you need help with, verses and Words will stand out to you, they will appear to be speaking directly to you, that is how the Word works.

As for verses you do not understand, the time will come when He will reveal it to you,it may be through another believer, or another experience. Many times God has spoken directly to me through christian radio pastors, glaringly obvious answer to a problem I needed help with. The timing is key to knowing he has spoken to you.

By all means PRACTICE how believers should behave, you must practice, even if inside you are not feeling it, DO THE THING COMMANDED, instead of what your negative emotions would have you do. You must change your habits, and the closer you draw to God, the more you will feel His presence and the doubt will wash away.

God bless, may the Holy Spirit come strongly upon you and reveal to you the truth. Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

On 1/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, Anyating Johnkelly said:

I think it is important to understand that doubts are not wrong or do they make you weak or not a good Christian.  John the Baptist had doubts and he personally witnessed heaven opening and the Holy Spirit come down in the shape of a dove and heard the voice of God.  

Yet he still had doubts.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible say about doubt?"

Answer:
Doubt is an experience common to all people. Even those with faith in God struggle with doubt on occasion and say with the man in Mark 9, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” (verse 24). Some people are hindered greatly by doubt; some see it as a springboard to life; and others see it as an obstacle to be overcome. The Bible has something to say about the cause of doubt and provides examples of people who struggled with it.

Classical humanism says that doubt, while uncomfortable, is absolutely essential for life. René Descartes said, “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” This is similar to what the founder of Buddhism said: “Doubt everything. Find your own light.” If we take their advice, we would have to doubt what they said, which seems rather contradictory. Instead of taking the advice of skeptics and false teachers, we will see what the Bible has to say.

A working definition of doubt is “to lack confidence, to consider unlikely.” The very first expression of doubt in the Bible is in Genesis 3, when Satan tempted Eve. God had given a clear command regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and had specified the consequence of disobedience. Satan introduced doubt into Eve’s mind when he asked, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” He wanted her to lack confidence in God’s command. When she affirmed God’s command, including the consequences, Satan replied with a denial, which is a stronger statement of doubt: “You will not surely die.” Doubt is a tool of Satan to make us lack confidence in God’s Word and consider His judgment unlikely.

Lest we think that we can lay all of the blame on Satan, the Bible clearly holds us accountable for our own doubts. When Zechariah was visited by the angel of the Lord and told that he would have a son (Luke 1:11-17), he doubted the word given to him. He logically assumed that he and his wife were too old to have children, and in response to his doubt, the angel said he would be mute until the day God’s promise was fulfilled (Luke 1:18-20). Zechariah doubted God’s ability to overcome natural obstacles – many people today share the same doubt. Any time we allow human reason to overshadow faith in God, sinful doubt is the result. No matter how logical our reasons may seem, God has made foolish the wisdom of the world (1 Corinthians 1:20), and His seemingly foolish plans are far wiser than man’s. Faith is trusting God even when His plan goes against human reason or experience.

Contrary to the humanistic view that doubt is essential to life, the Bible says that doubt is a destroyer of life. James 1:5-8 tells us that when we ask God for wisdom, we are to ask in faith, without doubt. If we doubt God’s ability to respond to our request, what would be the point of asking in the first place? God says that if we doubt while we ask, we will not receive anything from Him, because we are unstable. “He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind” (James 1:6).

The remedy for doubt is faith, and faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). God gave us the Bible as a testimony of His works in the past, so we will have a reason to trust Him in the present. “I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago” (Psalm 77:11). In order for us to have faith in God, we must study to know what He has said. Once we have an understanding of what God has done in the past, what He has promised us for the present, and what we can expect from Him in the future, we are able to act in faith instead of doubt.

The most famous doubter in the Bible was Thomas, who declared that he would not believe that the Lord was resurrected unless he could see and touch Jesus himself (John 20:25-28). When he later saw Jesus and believed, he received the gentle rebuke, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” Hebrews 11:1 says, “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” We can have confidence even in the things we cannot see, because God has proven Himself faithful, true, and able.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-doubt.html