• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

It's no twisting at all... The Scriptures teach God is without sin! Scriptures teach violation of the commandment is sin!
Thus the work man reasoned God meant was not the work God commanded not to do... I believe if you study it out you'll find it is the work of the curse God spoke of here

Genesis 3:19 (KJV)
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
as the time unspecified by the verse ->the curse we must assume it to be seven days for the period is from created to death of the body.

Exodus 35:2 (KJV)
[2] Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

When this law was given God makes mention of it's purpose Worship of God and much later

Mark 2:27 (KJV)
[27] And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.
As God gave man sabbath to worship Him -God also lifted the curse of working for his daily bread ... God maintains creation 24/7 and as Christ was also maintaining creation through healing He did not violate the sabbath of God as Go, or as it was intended to man as Man!

that's a pretty hefty twist Enoob, but I'm not buying it....   I do believe he changed the laws and made the old to none effect...  in doing that I would agree he is not breaking the laws of God we are expected to live under to receive eternal life.....   you seem to be saying that if we dont' do church on the Sabbath we're sinning and should be put to death.   They did kill people who did any work on the sabbath..

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, other one said:

that's a pretty hefty twist Enoob, but I'm not buying it....   I do believe he changed the laws and made the old to none effect...  in doing that I would agree he is not breaking the laws of God we are expected to live under to receive eternal life.....   you seem to be saying that if we dont' do church on the Sabbath we're sinning and should be put to death.   They did kill people who did any work on the sabbath..

Let me see if this is what your saying: Are you saying Jesus violated the sabbath law and therefore did not fulfill the law perfectly? 

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Let me see if this is what your saying: Are you saying Jesus violated the sabbath law and therefore did not fulfill the law perfectly? 

If the sabbath law was still in effect for him that is what the Bible would seem to say......  that is what he admitted to in the scripture I have posted here for 14 years when this subject comes us.

Were the laws made none effect when he died or when he came.

Are we still under the old commandment or the new...   I've posted for 14 years in Matthew where people went to hell and the reasons had nothing to do with the ten commandments...

I'm trying and have been to get people away from the old law and into the new which produces eternal life....   if the old could do that then we would not have needed the new.        You can keep the old and at the same time not keep the new and it could cost a person eternity....   that's what I am saying.    

People come here and tell us that we have to keep the sabbath and I simply ask why.....   my Lord didn't keep it so why should you demand that I do.

I am addressing the portion you are claiming Jesus violated the law ... see here https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/196840-the-sabbath-and-sunday-worship/?page=11#comment-2505671

4 hours ago, other one said:

Were the laws made none effect when he died or when he came.

The law was never made non-effect for it is the righteous standard of God given to man... Christ fulfilled the law perfectly by obedience to it and then gave His Life so to bring in the New Testament or New Covenant... In the post above bears that out in Hebrews.

I'm trying and have been to get people away from the old law and into the new which produces eternal life....   if the old could do that then we would not have needed the new.        You can keep the old and at the same time not keep the new and it could cost a person eternity....   that's what I am saying.    

No one can keep the law but Christ (He fulfilled it perfectly) as I have noted to you already... but for grace to be made effect by a Holy and Just God the standard set forth by God had to be met and then ratified by blood to seal the justice of God enabling the forgiveness to violators of that standard! If merely setting aside the standards as you suggest leaves us with a huge problem of why when The Son of God was sweating drops of blood from His brow in intensity of requesting another way from The Father in sin bearing no other way could be found for all of eternity-!- This is the narrow pathway God speaks of for in this we all must die to ourselves (all that was before 1st birth up to the repentance of said self and world we are formed in) and call out to The Lord Jesus to deliver us from the law we ourselves cannot keep and create in us a new heart where His law is written upon our hearts inescapable and ever before us as the means to express love back toward God by obedience to His righteous standard... Those rejecting Jesus' New Covenant must remain in the first covenant law and will answer at final judgment great white throne... thus fulfilling this verse and following

Matt 5:18-20

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

People come here and tell us that we have to keep the sabbath and I simply ask why.....   my Lord didn't keep it so why should you demand that I do.

This is a grave error OO ... Jesus did keep it perfectly or there is no righteous standard or the righteous standard set forth to judge all of mankind could not be kept by The Man Jesus The Christ! Those under the new covenant are without law for it is Christ our mediator of flesh verses s/Spirit to The Father thus-> Romans 7 present with all of us as is the outcome Romans 8 ...  The very simple of this-> God in His Person is Perfect and that which is not of Him thus imperfect and the only way of migration from imperfect to perfect is the pathway Jesus Himself carved out to rescue the children of Adam who are willing to recogn all that they are and all that they have began in dead in sin and from this deadness believe in what Jesus has done calling out
Lord save me 1.jpgLove, Steven

He worked on the sabbath and admitted to it and you can't change that. So deal with it as you need to, and I'll do the same

For all else reading this thread:
The prophecy must be fulfilled to the letter or there is no god!

Isaiah 56:2 (KJV)
[2] Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Matthew 12:8 (KJV)
[8] For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

John 3:13 (KJV)
[13] And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The Scriptures ought to be the authority.   And simply so.  

A short search on the internet a little while ago < did Jesus violate any law? >  revealed 20 good links on the first page

all

agreeing , from SCRIPTURE ALONE (no traditions brought in) that Jesus never violated any TORAH law. 

(while a lot of people then in HIS PRESENCE and TODAY got mad at HIM

because HE didn't live as they thought HE should ! ?  )

But many then and many today will never accept that.    It costs too much - too many years to admit , and too

many 'friends' would be mad at them....   They did have decades sometimes,  to learn GOD'S WORD,  but for

whatever reason believed something else instead.  We can't change that, nor can they.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Romans 7:4

The apostle Peter admits that many of the things that his fellow apostle Paul wrote are hard to understand, and because of this, he warns, some people distort Paul's writings to their own destruction (II Peter 3:15-16). This is still happening today. People—some sincerely and some not—are constantly twisting what Paul said in an attempt to show that the law of God is abolished.

A favorite target of the "no-law" advocates is Romans 7:4. In this scripture, Paul writes that a Christian is "dead to the law" and is now "married to another." From these statements, some conclude that God no longer requires a Christian to obey His laws. Unfortunately, those who force such an interpretation on this verse fail to understand the profound truths that the apostle is explaining. 

Bible verses about Watery Grave

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 1/3/2017 at 9:56 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

The Law of the LORD is perfectconverting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/psalms/19-7.htm

In Romans 7 Rom 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? May it never be! However, I wouldn’t have known sin, except through the law. For I wouldn’t have known coveting, unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” Rom 7:12  Therefore the law indeed is holy, and the commandment holy, and righteous, and good.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Therefore the Law of the Lord is perfect and good, and it shows us our need of a Savior.  Thus it plays a role in our conversion since it becomes a tool of the Holy Spirit.  The testimony of Jesus Christ makes us wiser than many college professors who don't profess Jesus.  Psm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."  It is the foundation of wisdom.  1Co 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brothers, that not many are wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, and not many noble; 1Co 1:27  but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;  1Co 1:28  and God chose the lowly things of the world, and the things that are despised, and the things that don’t exist, that he might bring to nothing the things that exist, 1Co 1:29  that no flesh should boast before God.

1Co 2:14  Now the natural man doesn’t receive the things of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can’t know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I can't dispute the OP Psalms 19:7.   All of God's Word is truth.