• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,355
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

The Law of the LORD is perfectconverting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/psalms/19-7.htm

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Amein and HalleluYAH !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/3/2017 at 3:56 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

The Law of the LORD is perfectconverting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/psalms/19-7.htm

When we meditate on Holy Scripture, we must be careful not to jump to conclusions. What law was the psalmist talking about? It is certainly not of the law given to Moses on Mount Sinai. After all, no one can be saved by the works of the law (Rom 3:20, Gal 2:16, Ephesians 2:8-9). The law is not able to perfect anything:

·         “For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.” (Hebrew 7.18,19).

Let’s think: what is justice? When somebody speaks in justice, the first thing that comes to mind is law. However, look at what Paul says:

·         "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" (Romans 3:21).

Surely justice isn’t related with law and works. At first this may sound strange, especially considering that it is to keep the commandments (John 14:15, 21, 15:10) and to confirm the law (Rom. 3:31). However, it is worth remembering that there are two alliances: the law and the Favor of the Eternal. And they are opposites. Anyone who tries to justify himself by the law fatally rejects the Favor of the Eternal in his life (Gal. 5.4).

Therefore, the only law capable of saving is love:

·         “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13.34,35).

·         “And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.” (2John 5,6).

May Jesus make of us this law.

On 1/8/2017 at 3:04 AM, Leonardo Von said:

When we meditate on Holy Scripture, we must be careful not to jump to conclusions. What law was the psalmist talking about? It is certainly not of the law given to Moses on Mount Sinai. After all, no one can be saved by the works of the law (Rom 3:20, Gal 2:16, Ephesians 2:8-9). The law is not able to perfect anything:

·         “For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.” (Hebrew 7.18,19).

Let’s think: what is justice? When somebody speaks in justice, the first thing that comes to mind is law. However, look at what Paul says:

·         "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" (Romans 3:21).

Surely justice isn’t related with law and works. At first this may sound strange, especially considering that it is to keep the commandments (John 14:15, 21, 15:10) and to confirm the law (Rom. 3:31). However, it is worth remembering that there are two alliances: the law and the Favor of the Eternal. And they are opposites. Anyone who tries to justify himself by the law fatally rejects the Favor of the Eternal in his life (Gal. 5.4).

Therefore, the only law capable of saving is love:

·         “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13.34,35).

·         “And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.” (2John 5,6).

May Jesus make of us this law.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A17&version=KJV

http://biblehub.com/kjv/romans/3-31.htm

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/8/2017 at 5:04 AM, Leonardo Von said:

When we meditate on Holy Scripture, we must be careful not to jump to conclusions.

Meditate day and night on HIS WORD.   No need to come to nor ever jump to any conclusion at all, ever.  Simply always do as Y'SHUA MESSIAH did/does , and as HE instructed HIS followers:   continually seek YHWH'S KINGDOM, and DO what the FATHER does, and speak what the FATHER says.       I don't think HE ever says to try to draw a conclusion about anything-  just listen to HIM, and believe HIM, and DO what HE SAYS.  (always perfectly and completely in line with and total harmony with HIS WORD).... always....

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Meditate day and night on HIS WORD.   No need to come to nor ever jump to any conclusion at all, ever.  Simply always do as Y'SHUA MESSIAH did/does , and as HE instructed HIS followers:   continually seek YHWH'S KINGDOM, and DO what the FATHER does, and speak what the FATHER says.       I don't think HE ever says to try to draw a conclusion about anything-  just listen to HIM, and believe HIM, and DO what HE SAYS.  (always perfectly and completely in line with and total harmony with HIS WORD).... always....

Amen! 

On 1/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, simplejeff said:

I agree. However, it is necessary to understand what the will of the Eternal is so that we may not find ourselves struggling against Him (as Paul did – 1Tim 1.12,13):

·        “Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.” (Ephesians 5.17).

·        “Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; and said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.” (Acts 5.34-39).

On 1/11/2017 at 5:27 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A17&version=KJV

http://biblehub.com/kjv/romans/3-31.htm

As you yourself said, Jesus came to FULFILL the law, not to "obey". This is because, whenever we think of "obeying" rather than being the FULFILLMENT of Holy Scripture, we end up behaving like Ha-Satan.

Have you thought about the reason why Ha-Satan is called the devil (accuser) and satan (adversary)?

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. "(Rev. 12: 9).

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night"(Rev. 12:10).

Ha-Satan is deceitful (liar) because he stands as an adversary of the brethren accusing them for one another day and night (so that some see others as adversaries). And the worst: Ha-Satan accuses them before the Eternal, whether causing them to resent Jesus by favoring the one who has wronged them, or by urging them to ask Jesus (and even demanding of Him) to do evil against the offender or worse: leading one another to seek in the Eternal to go over the rights of others.

However, if we want the salvation, strength, power of the Messiah and the kingdom of the Eternal to come (as the prayer of Jesus suggests "let your kingdom come" - Matt. 6:10) we must stop accusing others, as If they were the opponent against whom we have to fight. The kingdom of the Eternal will come to us only when the accuser leaves our lives, that is, when we cease to accuse others (Rev. 12:10). Detail: our needs are fully satisfied only when we live the righteousness of the Eternal in His kingdom (Matt 6:33).

Instead of being hurt because the person offended us and accused them before the Eternal, we must think that, in fact, they failed because, first of all, we did not fulfill our mission well.

Take the case of the viticulturist of Luke 13:6-9. When the Lord threatened to cut down the fig tree, he fell upon himself and realized that this fig tree was special (while the vines were probably for commercial use, the fig tree was to Jehovah's delight) and that he had neglected to deal with it.

In fact, what made the vine grower special was precisely the possibility of caring for the fig tree (meditate on Psalms 25:14). He had been raised up by the Eternal justly for this hour (meditate on John 12.27). Soon, if the fig tree were cut, he would lose his administration.

Likewise, instead of accusing the individual, we must acknowledge our neglect for with the lost sheep (see Luke 15: 3-7) and give thanks to the Lord for they having failed with us. If she had failed with someone else, she could have been murdered, gone to hell and we would be disapproved (see 2Corinthians 13.5; Titus 1.16).

Furthermore, our real adversaries are principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12):

Principalities - the authorities that allow us to govern or prosecute those who do us harm.

Powers - the forces of this world at our disposal (wisdom, knowledge, communication, etc.).

Rulers of the darkness of this world - those who preach and defend their moral and spiritual concepts and values in order to promote the system.

Spiritual wickedness in high places - Ha-Satan and his demons that try to prevent us from having access to all of heavenly wealth destined for us (Eph. 1.3; 2.6).

The Eternal allows injustice because our rights, desires, wishes, etc. are not to be kept, but only those that are of Christ.

Finally, the truth is that whenever we lean on laws, we will fatally use them against the neighbor Jesus commanded us to love. May Jesus deliver us from this.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Matthew 19.17 Jesus says "to enter into life keep the Commandments" and He goes on to identify God's ten commandments, which God himself wrote on the stone tablets....Exodus 20...

Matthew 5 Jesus said "heaven and earth will pass away but nothing will be changed in the law until all is fulfilled"..in obvious reference to His return.

To differentiate, the Mosaic law, the 613 sacrificial, circumcision, feast, etc laws terminated in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned...God's ten commandments go on "until all is fulfilled"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think you should adhere to Jesus's two commandments, not the old testament 10.