• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Scripture you quoted doesn't mean what you think it does but is Pauline thoroughness saying even if no Scripture is available the creative work of God Himself is enough for every person brought into existence to know that God 'IS' and is held accountable by that. It is obvious that God 'IS' by what is here! The only thinking module 'evolution' is now so far debunked that anyone holding to it appears so foolish both scientifically and mathematical probabilities through chance evaluated! 

Evolution is not on the topic. The passage, in scripture, says that scripture is not required to know God.

19For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 
20For since the creation of the worldGod’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so thatmen are without excuse. 

Edited by SkyWriting

On 11/6/2017 at 8:33 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

First off, it is usually customary to post the book and chapter along with the verses.  Not everyone can look at a couple of passages of scripture, taken out of context, and know where they come from so they can get the full meaning of the chapter instead of a sound byte based on a certain spin.

The meaning of this chapter is easy to understand.  People know that God exists through the creation alone, so they have no excuse for saying that God does not exist.  They know He exists, but refuse to serve Him, despite that knowledge.  It is impossible to know how to serve God without The Word.

Adam, Noah, Lot, and Abraham did the impossible then?

On 11/6/2017 at 8:33 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

First off, it is usually customary to post the book and chapter along with the verses.  Not everyone can look at a couple of passages of scripture, taken out of context, and know where they come from so they can get the full meaning of the chapter instead of a sound byte based on a certain spin.

There were 20 links in that quote.  But I work to add more as you request.

On 1/3/2017 at 11:13 PM, Seanc said:

So my question is and I'm basing this off a question I was posed with is would we only lean closer to what "you" were taught? Does it surpass my understanding and learning? Is it objective? 

Before I submit this I want to say that I believe in an objective morality but I need help to further understand it before i even try to explain it to someone else. Anyone got an answer?

If you are standing before God, He knows everything, so his conclusions are objective.
Anyone else has a subjective view of words, deeds, everything. 
I knew a blind student that could "picture" math and algebra.
Everything people experience is subjective. 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 11/9/2017 at 9:25 PM, SkyWriting said:

If you are standing before God, He knows everything, so his conclusions are objective.
Anyone else has a subjective view of words, deeds, everything. 
I knew a blind student that could "picture" math and algebra.
Everything people experience is subjective. 

Including the experiences recorded in the Bible.  Unless you want to invoke special pleading.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Including the experiences recorded in the Bible.  Unless you want to invoke special pleading.

As the one you replied to said,  he is "above the Bible" (or "beyond it")......  not subject to the Bible or Jesus any more.

"Somehow" he outgrew the truth.......   (on this forum and other forums too, for years)

Your key words "special pleading" caught my attention....... that one sure has a "special pleading" according to his own posts....

4 hours ago, Bonky said:

Yes, each writer in the Bible was an individual person.  As I say, any important 
topic in Christianity is covered by more than one writer providing multiple
viewpoints.   A large amount of controversial stuff doesn't pass that test.

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

"

This is the real battleground of human salvation; this is the Waterloo of every soul; this is the test question of every redeemed life. This was the point where Saul lost his kingdom and Agag lost his life, and where still eternal destinies are lost or won as we learn the lesson or refuse to be led in triumph by our conquering Lord.

God had determined that the race of Amalek and the house of Agag should be utterly exterminated. They were not to be spared, but to be destroyed. It was a case of no compromise. There was nothing good in them. The least element of Agagism was destructive, and the whole community, with all their goods and belongings, must be put out of existence, just as the effects of a household where some one had died of some contagious disease must be wholly given to the flames. This is God’s decree against the flesh in us. It cannot be cleansed; it cannot be improved; it cannot be cultivated; it cannot be educated into good ideas and principles. The flesh must be exterminated."

When the posts of a poster never pass the test, and he can still continue posting,  what then ? < shrugs > we simply note it and go on.... warning others at every opportunity, as Yahweh Directs ....

On 11/6/2017 at 4:46 PM, enoob57 said:

The Scripture you quoted doesn't mean what you think it does but is Pauline thoroughness saying even if no Scripture is available the creative work of God Himself is enough for every person brought into existence to know that God 'IS' and is held accountable by that.

That's exactly what I think it means.  Scripture is not a critical as many hold it to be.  Here is what scripture says about how Holy it is:
"useful for teaching"

Edited by SkyWriting

5 hours ago, simplejeff said:

As the one you replied to said,  he is "above the Bible" (or "beyond it")......  not subject to the Bible or Jesus any more.

"Somehow" he outgrew the truth.......   (on this forum and other forums too, for years)

Your key words "special pleading" caught my attention....... that one sure has a "special pleading" according to his own posts....

Posters are called to stick to the content of posts and not any writer personally. 

Edited by SkyWriting