• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

Midrash Bereshith Rabbah par 98 states the following:

“Rabbi Hanin said that Israel will not require the teaching of the Messiah-King, because in Is. 11:10 it is written; ‘In that day the Gentiles will rally to the root of Jesse’, but not Israel. If this is so, why will the Messiah-King come, and what will he do? He will bring Israel back from their dispersion and give them 30 [new] precepts.”

Rabbi Yeshua said: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 15:24) and "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17)

The above words imply; if there is a remnant of Jewish people still faithfully living the instructions God gave them, the first advent of Messiah is not applicable to them.

Agree/Disagree, Comments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Romans 1:16 (AV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

John 5:23 (AV)
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 15:23 (AV)
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

1 John 2:23 (AV)
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

There is no "...people still faithfully living the instructions God gave them" if they reject the Messiah.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

On January 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM, JohnD said:

Romans 1:16 (AV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

John 5:23 (AV)
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 15:23 (AV)
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

1 John 2:23 (AV)
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

There is no "...people still faithfully living the instructions God gave them" if they reject the Messiah.

Sure, I agree with all the verses you posted, but none of them address "timing". No doubt faithful Jews will recognize Yeshua at the second advent of Messiah as told in Zechariah.

(Note to Mods, this post is NOT in the categories you told me not to discuss, so please do not delete) 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 1/16/2017 at 2:42 PM, Zach said:

(Note to Mods, this post is NOT in the categories you told me not to discuss, so please do not delete) 

No problem so far!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
On 1/5/2017 at 0:10 PM, Zach said:

Midrash Bereshith Rabbah par 98 states the following:

“Rabbi Hanin said that Israel will not require the teaching of the Messiah-King, because in Is. 11:10 it is written; ‘In that day the Gentiles will rally to the root of Jesse’, but not Israel. If this is so, why will the Messiah-King come, and what will he do? He will bring Israel back from their dispersion and give them 30 [new] precepts.”

Rabbi Yeshua said: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 15:24) and "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17)

The above words imply; if there is a remnant of Jewish people still faithfully living the instructions God gave them, the first advent of Messiah is not applicable to them.

Agree/Disagree, Comments?

This is false because Paul plainly teaches that are not justified before God by the works of the law, but by faith in the Messiah, Jesus.    If the first advent doesn't apply to Torah observant Jews, why did Paul work so hard to bring them to the Messiah?

Why did Paul grieve for them so much that he wished he could be accursed if it would save them?   Why did Paul appeal to the Gentiles in Rome to provoke them to jealously?