Sign in to follow this  
Vera Bradley

My brother has been fishing...

Fishing for a fellow rebel in his rebellion against God. When I talk to him on the phone, he asks me "You're an atheist, right?" I have told him that I am not an atheist. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. He wanted reassurance that he was not alone in his rebellion. It's not working.

I have a blog that my brother knows about, and at first I wrote random book reviews, but now I have decided to focus on spirituality, and I don't think he will frequent my blog much longer.

I say all of this to say that I see how rebellion works. It's like a child sneaking around doing something wrong, and seeking alibis.

Edited by Nora D

Where do you stand as far as asking Jesus Christ into your life to be your Savior? This would be a excellent opportunity to tell your brother who Jesus Christ is and that Jesus Christ loves him and wants him to ask Him into his life. Everyone has to make a choice in this world if they want to spend an eternity in heaven or in hell.

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Where do you stand as far as asking Jesus Christ into your life to be your Savior? This would be a excellent opportunity to tell your brother who Jesus Christ is and that Jesus Christ loves him and wants him to ask Him into his life. Everyone has to make a choice in this world if they want to spend an eternity in heaven or in hell.

missmuffet, my brother was a pastor for over 15 years and he knows the gospel through and through. He is not ready to hear me tell him about Jesus Christ.

Where I stand: I don't have a choice about asking Jesus Christ to be my Savior because I am tired of fighting an uphill battle against reality.

2 minutes ago, Nora D said:

missmuffet, my brother was a pastor for over 15 years and he knows the gospel through and through. He is not ready to hear me tell him about Jesus Christ.

Where I stand: I don't have a choice about asking Jesus Christ to be my Savior because I am tired of fighting an uphill battle against reality.

You did not state that your brother was a Pastor. So he has backed off from his belief or was he ever a Christian? What do you mean about not having a choice of asking Jesus Christ to be your Savior? You definitely do have a choice. God has given us free will. What do you mean about fighting an uphill battle against reality?

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You did not state that your brother was a Pastor. So he has backed off from his belief or was he ever a Christian? What do you mean about not having a choice of asking Jesus Christ to be your Savior? You definitely do have a choice. God has given us free will. What do you mean about fighting an uphill battle against reality?

I am not sure if he ever was a Christian. When I say I "don't have a choice" I mean I am tired of working against God (fighting an uphill battle against reality). Ultimately I am choosing to end this fight against God. Sorry that did not come across clearly.

Edited by Nora D

Just now, Nora D said:

I am not sure if he ever was a Christian. When I say I "don't have a choice" I mean I am tired of working against God (fighting an uphill battle against reality). Sorry that did not come across clearly.

Well, it sounds very doubtful that he genuinely gave his life to Jesus Christ. It is a very wise choice for your life on earth and your eternal life to ask Jesus Christ into your life. You either love this world or you love Jesus Christ. You can not have both.

In your other recent thread, it seemed you questioned whether God even exists in the first place. Can you describe your view of God, and what you think ending your fight against God really means and entails?

55 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

In your other recent thread, it seemed you questioned whether God even exists in the first place. Can you describe your view of God, and what you think ending your fight against God really means and entails?

I believe there is a Creator God who has always existed outside and through the universe. God established divine order everywhere.

As for my fight against God, I was angry because I had so many unsettling experiences at church with fake christians in the past. It was hard for me to believe that Christianity was true if its own followers didn't take it seriously. It felt like a silly game, so I sought people who took morality seriously, and found some who happened to be nonChristians. So then I questioned everything. Then I questioned the existence of God and listened to well-known atheists like Richard Dawkins. What I realised is that they fight against God for the sake of fighting, all the while knowing that God exists.

Amen to that last part.

You're halfway home once you've realized that nature simply demands belief in a higher being. The question then is do you believe the Bible represents the perfect truth about that being?

7 hours ago, Nora D said:

I believe there is a Creator God who has always existed outside and through the universe. God established divine order everywhere.

As for my fight against God, I was angry because I had so many unsettling experiences at church with fake christians in the past. It was hard for me to believe that Christianity was true if its own followers didn't take it seriously. It felt like a silly game, so I sought people who took morality seriously, and found some who happened to be nonChristians. So then I questioned everything. Then I questioned the existence of God and listened to well-known atheists like Richard Dawkins. What I realised is that they fight against God for the sake of fighting, all the while knowing that God exists.

If you lost faith because some Christians hurt you, your faih was in man, not in God. God never disappoints. Mankind does. 

If you're tired of fighting against God, then don't fight against Him anymore. 

Sign in to follow this