• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, soonsister said:

I don't understand your last sentence there and how it ties to your prior sentences. An excuse for guns? Outlawing Tylenol that can be deadly?

This is what you said:

" Of would we outlaw sharp objects, rocks, swords, household chemicals because they can be used as poisonous weapons?" That is why I replied as I did.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Depends on how the government defines "mental illness."   Stalin locked up political dissenters in asylums on the grounds that they were "mentally ill."

:thumbsup:

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. Isaiah 5:20 (New Heart English Bible \)

~

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Well there are those who the authorities can look up with previous offenses or they are labeled with a mental illness in the systems. But like I said there are those who do not have any previous problems and have a clear record to get a gun who have anger problems and use them to threaten anyone they are angry at and they use it inappropriately.

He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But he who walks wisely will be delivered. Proverbs 28:26 (New American Standard Bible)

~

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Those people could be the same way with a knife, a ball bat, a car, a rope...

It Seems Danger Lurks

Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11 (New American Standard Bible)

Behind Every Move And With Every Breath A Body Takes

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalms 23:4 (World English Bible)

So I Ask, Whatever Is A Poor Fellow To Do As He Makes His Way Through Life

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself.But we do regulate cars and that has made them safer. How many people can a single person kill with a knife in 10 seconds.

If no one else has a knife and you're in a crowded room, and you have the element of surprise, you can kill a lot of people in a very short time.   

We regulate cars to make them safer in terms of not having accidents.  The safest car in the world could be driven down a crowded city sidewalk on a Saturday night and murder many people.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

If no one else has a knife and you're in a crowded room, and you have the element of surprise, you can kill a lot of people in a very short time.   

We regulate cars to make them safer in terms of not having accidents.  The safest car in the world could be driven down a crowded city sidewalk on a Saturday night and murder many people.  

Proof in point as to what your saying: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

29 people killed by a knife. That's more people then the deaths and wounded total at the recent shooting in Florida. When are people going to figure out guns arnt the problem. I'll keep mine.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Proof in point as to what your saying: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

29 people killed by a knife. That's more people then the deaths and wounded total at the recent shooting in Florida. When are people going to figure out guns arnt the problem. I'll keep mine.

Exactly right.

In fact if a person knew how to use a knife one could conceivably kill more with a knife, for 2 reasons. One, is they're quiet. When someone fires a gun, everyone automatically goes into fight or flight turning everyone into a moving target running away from you or trying to stop you. As someone who shoots regularly I can assure you moving targets are not easy.

Second, is you never have to reload a knife. When a gun runs out of ammo you have to stop and reload... giving your quarry time to get away or mount a counter offense. With a knife you can just keep on going.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

In fact if a person knew how to use a knife one could conceivably kill more with a knife, for 2 reasons. One, is they're quiet. When someone fires a gun, everyone automatically goes into fight or flight turning everyone into a moving target running away from you or trying to stop you. As someone who shoots regularly I can assure you moving targets are not easy.

Second, is you never have to reload a knife. When a gun runs out of ammo you have to stop and reload... giving your quarry time to get away or mount a counter offense. With a knife you can just keep on going.

best bet with a knife if you don't have a gun is to run when you get as old as myself....

23 minutes ago, other one said:

best bet with a knife if you don't have a gun is to run when you get as old as myself....

I know a few moves, can disarm a novice knife wielder...but like you I'm not sure I'd want to hang around to find out of this was a novice or an expert. Would either run or trust my good ol .40 s&w