SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Flight attendents are trained and practice doing that, and it is important that those isles are clear where they can do thier jobs to get the flight ready.

I might add that more than once I've had them in my lap where they lost their balance from breaking, so it can be dangerous.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/5/2017 at 0:42 AM, hmbld said:

If you can't follow the rules, and respect those operating the aircraft, then it should be dealt with immediately, such as this was.  

You should seek out a job as a flight attendant.

If a flight attendant can't show compassion when the plane is parked, when sisters just learned their dad is about to die while they're struggling to get to him, and were ultimately delayed by this flight attendant and missed final moments with him, then get another job.

Them's the rules, when someone is simply trying to go to their sister while a plane is parked, sit beside her as the rules impart necessary before take off, and comfort her as they're both about to lose their only dad, is short sighted and cold hearted. When rules trump compassion in a parked plane, it's pathetic.

2 hours ago, soonsister said:

If a flight attendant can't show compassion when the plane is parked, when sisters just learned their dad is about to die while they're struggling to get to him, and were ultimately delayed by this flight attendant and missed final moments with him, then get another job.

Them's the rules, when someone is simply trying to go to their sister while a plane is parked, sit beside her as the rules impart necessary before take off, and comfort her as they're both about to lose their only dad, is short sighted and cold hearted. When rules trump compassion in a parked plane, it's pathetic.

flight attendants have a job.....   and what they do is very dictated to them by both the company they work for and the FAA.   They can get fired for breaking those rules no matter what the situation....

Show the rule that says a passenger can't move about in the cabin while the plane is parked.

they were seating people for take off and you have to be in your assigned seats for that....  that is FAA rules, but I'm not going to go to the trouble to show you in the manuals.

It is a federal crime to not follow the instructions of a flight attendant, keeping her/him from accomplishing thier duties;   which this lady did do......   it's a felony and the lady could have been arrested for what she did had they wanted to push it.   She should consider herself lucky and let it go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

5 hours ago, soonsister said:

Yeah, if we run everything by compassion, then we can't have rules to ensure the other passengers are safe. What if 10 other people see this and feel they too have justification to not follow the rules and decide to stand up and move around at will. Should the pilot take off anyway when passengers are not compliant?  I have some kind of need for rules and order. I've noticed many think rules only apply when it protects them personally, but reserve the right to bypass the rules when they know better than everyone else. Whether one feels they are treated fairly on an airplane or not, they are required to be compliant. The pilot has the authority, the passengers have the privilege of riding on the plane, not a right to ride in the plane however they see fit. Break the rules, find your own transportation. It's not pathetic, it's safer for the rest of the passengers. 

4 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Yeah, if we run everything by compassion, then we can't have rules to ensure the other passengers are safe. What if 10 other people see this and feel they too have justification to not follow the rules and decide to stand up and move around at will. Should the pilot take off anyway when passengers are not compliant?  I have some kind of need for rules and order. I've noticed many think rules only apply when it protects them personally, but reserve the right to bypass the rules when they know better than everyone else. Whether one feels they are treated fairly on an airplane or not, they are required to be compliant. The pilot has the authority, the passengers have the privilege of riding on the plane, not a right to ride in the plane however they see fit. Break the rules, find your own transportation. It's not pathetic, it's safer for the rest of the passengers. 

No, it's pathetic.

The plane was parked. If you believe some it was in the process of being filled as passengers were finding their seats while the plane was on the ground. So in fact more than one person was moving  about the cabin. Thereby renouncing any claims of safety being an issue.

And the plane ride was the most expedient mode of transportation these sisters had to get to their dying father in time to say goodbye. What's also pathetic is that you and certain others don't have compassion for that. No one has to seek other modes of transport simply because they may be harassed or abused by plane staff. The at will designation of safety concerns that flight attendants can employ against passengers gives them power unlike ever before.

One passenger years ago was thrown off a South West plane because they had a slogan on their tee shirt that the flight attendant did not appreciate.

Not even Aeroflot is that strict.

I'm more concerned with Jihadists using this as a distraction to cover for their actions...  and that I have experienced personally.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, other one said:

I'm more concerned with Jihadists using this as a distraction to cover for their actions...  and that I have experienced personally.

Yeah, if we take away the airlines power to maintain control of passengers, then nothing is safe. Parked or not, if passengers are allowed to mill around the flights would be delayed even more!  The aisles are not a free for all!  It amazes me people think they don't have to comply with direct orders from authorities and be free from the consequences. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  0

Its hard to say as we weren't there.

I would want to know more to be sure. After all they did say she had a panic attack, what exactly happened?

The airlines do need to be able to maintain control I suppose.

However, as a service industry they do need to think about peoples situation too.

If they actually said "she needed to keep her personal problems off the plane" that is insensitive and poor customer service.

To be fair if you can't reconcile the two sides of the job, you're in the wrong job.