angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

http://www.christianpost.com/news/12-worst-christian-persecution-nations-us-makes-list-for-first-time-172551/

12 Worst Christian Persecution Nations; US Makes List for First Time

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I am sorry, but I think it is an embarrassment that the US is on this list, not because we are so bad, but because Christians have it so good here. We are not persecuted in this country.  When 90% of our elected congress is Christian it is remarkable that anyone can claim Christians are persecuted. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/5/2017 at 1:45 AM, angels4u said:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/12-worst-christian-persecution-nations-us-makes-list-for-first-time-172551/

12 Worst Christian Persecution Nations; US Makes List for First Time

It's about time someone put it out there.

I've entered into discussions with people who are opposed to the very idea that Christians are persecuted in America. They'll often argue that words aren't persecution and that until we're actually drug out into the street and beheaded, we're not suffering due to our faith.

That argument and more like that that marginalize the issue because we're not yet being slaughtered, fail to grasp the whole idea of persecution and how it begins; with words. And that started awhile ago. Now, the mistreatment is being reported as violations of our constitutional rights. Soft persecution that costs us our job, our livelihood, our personal security due to death threats.Threats of expulsion , suspension, from public school should a Christian student practice their faith openly. Even going so far as to threaten to refuse to give them their diploma should they invoke God during their commencement speech. An atheist group assailing faith any chance they get. And often with the assist of the ACLU. Of all things.

The list keeps growing .

I'm glad a group had the courage to call it out. Now if only Christians would stand up and fight back.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, soonsister said:

It's about time someone put it out there.

I've entered into discussions with people who are opposed to the very idea that Christians are persecuted in America. They'll often argue that words aren't persecution and that until we're actually drug out into the street and beheaded, we're not suffering due to our faith.

That argument and more like that that marginalize the issue because we're not yet being slaughtered, fail to grasp the whole idea of persecution and how it begins; with words. And that started awhile ago. Now, the mistreatment is being reported as violations of our constitutional rights. Soft persecution that costs us our job, our livelihood, our personal security due to death threats.Threats of expulsion , suspension, from public school should a Christian student practice their faith openly. Even going so far as to threaten to refuse to give them their diploma should they invoke God during their commencement speech. An atheist group assailing faith any chance they get. And often with the assist of the ACLU. Of all things.

The list keeps growing .

I'm glad a group had the courage to call it out. Now if only Christians would stand up and fight back.

It is a joke to call Christians persecuted in America, there is no other word to describe it.  93% of congress are Christians and yet we are somehow persecuted because people say mean things about us!    In my little hamlet of 30,000ish people there are over 100 Christian churches,  yet we are somehow persecuted.  

Try leaving the confines of this safe environment for Christians and go to a few countries where there is real persecution, then come back and we can talk about how easy and good we Christians have it in this country.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings OotS

That's funny you should say this,only this morning I was listening to a sermon where the preacher said(in regards to America)we do not know what trials & tribulations really are .....we seem to think inconveniences are "tribulations"........it gave me much food for thought,considering how we re so truly Blessed to live in America,we haven't the foggiest idea what real persecution is....                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Hard persecution started with the soft version. And what American Christians are experiencing now is the soft version of persecution. Testing our resolve to see if we'll buckle to the threats to take the abuse, the rescinding of our rights to pray in school, read our bible during recess or lunch when we're on our own time, etc... And of course the assaults occur in the work place as well.

I would say resting on the idea that we have it great in America while the evidence of slow erosion of our civil rights and freedoms as Christian is occurring on a case by case basis is naive.

The attacks we're experiencing now are to cow us from openly expressing our faith. The hard persecutions arrive as it did in other countries wherein Christians are being butchered now, comes when the subtle prod to shut up and enter a closet fail. Then when they start cutting off our heads, locking us in prison, taking everything we owned because we offended a particular class of sinner, what are we to do? Claim then that we're being persecuted? When the precursor told us what was coming when a principle sent little Bobby home for reading his bible on the playground during recess. And then dared to answer little Jenny's question as to who is Jesus? And how can I be a Christian like you?