ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

All Scriptures below are from the NKJV …

Mark 8:34-37

“Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and

the gospel’s (sake) will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world,

and loses his own soul? (**) Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

(**) “and is himself destroyed or lost” – see Luke 9:25 below

“he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life” – see John 12:25 below

“There is only one kind of true Christian; that is, a disciple … “You must deny yourself.” That means

that to follow Christ a person must give up his own desires and live only according to Christ’s desire.

We must deny our own pleasure, our own advantage, our own comfort … after we become Christians,

we must live completely for God … we must be ready to suffer and die for Him. Suffering and persecution

will come to all who follow Christ (John 15:19, 2 Timothy 3:12). There can be no crown without the cross.

… Whoever denies Christ in order to save his life (his life in this world, his pleasures, his pride, his honor

and reputation, his possessions, his physical life) will lose his life (his true life, spiritual life, eternal life).

But, whoever loses his life for Christ (that is, his life in this world, his pride, his honor, his possessions,

his physical life itself) will save his life; he will obtain true spiritual life, eternal life. To lose one’s life

for Christ and the Gospel means to deny one’s self and take up (one’s) cross and follow Jesus.”

… The Applied New Testament Commentary – Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing

(Dr. Hale is a Spirit-filled believer who served as a medical missionary with Interserve in Nepal.)

Matthew 10:38-39

“And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 

He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.”

Matthew 16:24-26

“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

Luke 9:23-25

“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow Me. 

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?”

Luke 14:26-27,33

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children,

brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 

And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 

… whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”

John 12:25-26

“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also.

If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”

“But we all must ‘die’ to ourselves. Our old sinful self must die, otherwise we shall not be able to bear

fruit for Christ (Mark 8:34-35, Romans 6:2-6, Galatians 5:24) … Jesus didn’t mean we must actually

‘hate’ ourselves. Rather He was saying that our love for Him must be so great that, in comparison,

our love for ourselves will seem like hate (Luke 14:26). Indeed, we cannot love our old sinful self

and Christ at the same time (Matthew 6:24).”

… The Applied New Testament Commentary – Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing

The cross was the Roman method of carrying out the death sentence.

The prisoner was made to carry his own cross to the place of execution.

A Christian is called to carry his cross daily while dying to self – to receive eternal life

(reference: the NT).

20 hours ago, Yowm said:

All those verses have rendered us as guilty and unworthy of eternal life.

I'm glad Christ died for our sins and has given us eternal life through Him.

Just as simple as that, huh?

Unfortunately, recent words from the Lord to some of His faithful followers

echo those dreaded verses in the OP that you are so afraid of.

EVERYTHING is taken care of through sincere REPENTANCE!

It would be beneficial, if you could understand and believe 1 John 1:7-9.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 1/6/2017 at 11:06 AM, ZacharyB said:

All Scriptures below are from the NKJV …

Mark 8:34-37

“Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and

the gospel’s (sake) will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world,

and loses his own soul? (**) Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

(**) “and is himself destroyed or lost” – see Luke 9:25 below

“he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life” – see John 12:25 below

“There is only one kind of true Christian; that is, a disciple … “You must deny yourself.” That means

that to follow Christ a person must give up his own desires and live only according to Christ’s desire.

We must deny our own pleasure, our own advantage, our own comfort … after we become Christians,

we must live completely for God … we must be ready to suffer and die for Him. Suffering and persecution

will come to all who follow Christ (John 15:19, 2 Timothy 3:12). There can be no crown without the cross.

… Whoever denies Christ in order to save his life (his life in this world, his pleasures, his pride, his honor

and reputation, his possessions, his physical life) will lose his life (his true life, spiritual life, eternal life).

But, whoever loses his life for Christ (that is, his life in this world, his pride, his honor, his possessions,

his physical life itself) will save his life; he will obtain true spiritual life, eternal life. To lose one’s life

for Christ and the Gospel means to deny one’s self and take up (one’s) cross and follow Jesus.”

(Dr. Hale is a Spirit-filled believer who served as a medical missionary with Interserve in Nepal.)

Matthew 10:38-39

“And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 

He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.”

Matthew 16:24-26

“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

Luke 9:23-25

“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow Me. 

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?”

Luke 14:26-27,33

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children,

brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 

And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 

… whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”

John 12:25-26

“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also.

If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”

“But we all must ‘die’ to ourselves. Our old sinful self must die, otherwise we shall not be able to bear

fruit for Christ (Mark 8:34-35, Romans 6:2-6, Galatians 5:24) … Jesus didn’t mean we must actually

‘hate’ ourselves. Rather He was saying that our love for Him must be so great that, in comparison,

our love for ourselves will seem like hate (Luke 14:26). Indeed, we cannot love our old sinful self

and Christ at the same time (Matthew 6:24).”

The cross was the Roman method of carrying out the death sentence.

The prisoner was made to carry his own cross to the place of execution.

A Christian is called to carry his cross daily while dying to self – to receive eternal life

(reference: the NT).

Zach!  How are you?  Blessed I hope.

If I may ask, how many souls have you won over through this type of intellectual approach to the scriptures?

I adore your resolve!

5 hours ago, gdemoss said:

If I may ask, how many souls have you won over through this type of intellectual approach to the scriptures?

How is quoting the NT Scriptures taking any kind of intellectual approach?

I'd say it's more of an "obedience-instead-of-ignoring" approach!

Meanwhile, Jesus has sent me to teach against the easy-free-grace OSAS doctrine.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

7 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

I'd say it's more of an "obedience-instead-of-ignoring" approach!

Meanwhile, Jesus has sent me to teach against the easy-free-grace OSAS doctrine.

You sidestepped my question.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, gdemoss said:

For over ten years several watchers have been asking if anyone at all,  one person,  has been saved via the internet.. ....  so far either no one, or no one knows,  and just like in churches without anyone saved,  the questions are called "unfair" !?

30 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

You sidestepped my question.

In person, in cities across the usa,  whenever a church began saving people,  A LOT of opposition was mounted against it.  So they don't advertise nor publicize anywhere - not on tv, internet, or forums.  A few that became known, were bulldozed (literally and or figuratively - either way, they're disbanded/ gone/ silent/ underground)....

8 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Quoting NT Scriptures,  while it may be and is LIFE from YHWH in Y'SHUA,  is not always welcome.  Self-sacrifice is rarely welcome, even though Y'SHUA requires it and says so.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

On 1/7/2017 at 8:08 AM, ZacharyB said:

Just as simple as that, huh?

As a matter of fact salvation is simple.  You are simply trying to complicate and confuse the issue.  No one can earn eternal life.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:53 PM, simplejeff said:

Self-sacrifice is rarely welcome, even though Y'SHUA requires it and says so.

Yes, Christ requires self-sacrifice in His disciples, but to teach that self-sacrifice contributes to our salvation is false doctrine. That would render justification by grace through faith as null and void (similar to false Catholic doctrine).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

The training Y'SHUA gave HIS disciples in the NT is nothing at all like any of the false doctrine of the world church.

The main difference of course is that Y'SHUA taught HIS disciples only TRUTH from YHWH.  What YHWH said, Y'SHUA said.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, simplejeff said:

The training Y'SHUA gave HIS disciples in the NT is nothing at all like any of the false doctrine of the world church.

The main difference of course is that Y'SHUA taught HIS disciples only TRUTH from YHWH.  What YHWH said, Y'SHUA said.

Okay, and what does this have to do with the OP?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Salvation is a gift from God.  It is only through the death of Jesus on the cross, His Blood covering our sins and us accepting that sacrifice that we are saved.  We can do nothing to save ourselves. It is not our works but His finished work on the cross.  His words from the cross.. It Is Finished, is what it is all about.  Praise His Holy Name!

Blessings, RustyAngeL