• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

33 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Ok...so the fact that you can't or won't read the articles I've presented is very telling.

None of them--(Elephant Hurling Fallacies), answered any of my simple queries.

I'm not going to rewrite the article or summarize it for you...

Straw Man Fallacy:  I never made any such request.

This is clearly a waste of time and not worth it.

You're telling me.  Just wanted you to simply SUPPORT your claims...as it turns out, it would have been easier Resurrecting Alexander The Great's Horse.

I obviously wasted a lot of time researching those articles.

Yes, you surely did.

This is not how you debate with a person doing all the work for you.

As mentioned many times...it's not "MY" Job to Support "YOUR" Claims.

Parroting the scientific method like you know it all doesn't prove a thing.

1.  Well, I know what The Scientific Method is.

2.  "Parroting"??  So posting The Scientific Method is "Parroting", eh?  At least I can Speak to it.

How would you characterize just posting 'Links' without speaking to any of it??  In-Depth Knowledge? :rolleyes:

This is how geology uses the scientific method in a 24 slide powerpoint that can be found online on google but I'm not able to upload the PPT here. This is another link to how geology uses the scientific method: 

We don't need Power Points, just...

Post just ONE Formal Scientific Hypothesis in the History of geology...?  OR...

Show how you can have "Science" without Scientific Hypotheses...?

regards

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, I just realized something. I was going through Genesis. I was looking for something that was not related to topics discussed above. 

First, about what I was looking for:

I was looking for the verses that support vegan lifestyle and love for animals. Look first at Mathew 19:8. Let's think about it in depth. On top of the topic of marriage that is being discussed at the moment there is also a clear general message in that verse. The message is: we must try to do everything the way it was, or as close to the way it was in the beginning. Therefore, what we read in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, about the way it was in the beginning, that's the way we need to try to do things. And about vegan lifestyle - Genesis 1:29.

About love for animals in general - there are many places in The Bible that point to that. 

Now, about what I found relating to the above discussion:

I was reading through Genesis 2. Look at Genesis 2:17. 

Adam was specifically told that on the very day when he eats of the forbidden tree he will surely die. Now, there is another possible meaning for that. (We know that he died many years later). The meaning could be: on the day he eats the fruit the process leading to his death will start. Therefore his death will be inevitable. And death is looked at not as an instantaneous event but as a long process. And the date of death is the beginning of the process in Adams case. If that approach were to be applied today then a person's date of birth would coincide with their date of death. Now, what if the same approach were to be applied to the days of creation?

May GOD!!! be praised!!!!!!! May GOD!!! be praised forever!!!!!!

When writing these posts I never want to achieve anything for myself. I write them because they seem like "money" and posting them here seems like giving them to the "exchangers" - Mathew 25:27. Therefore, as soon as I think that I found something that looks like it might be "money", I'm in a hurry to give it to what seems like "exchangers".

And about myself I shall always add: I am a dead dog and a flea - First Samuel 24: 14.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, justme007 said:

Oh, I just realized something. I was going through Genesis. I was looking for something that was not related to topics discussed above. 

First, about what I was looking for:

I was looking for the verses that support vegan lifestyle and love for animals. Look first at Mathew 19:8. Let's think about it in depth. On top of the topic of marriage that is being discussed at the moment there is also a clear general message in that verse. The message is: we must try to do everything the way it was, or as close to the way it was in the beginning. Therefore, what we read in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, about the way it was in the beginning, that's the way we need to try to do things. And about vegan lifestyle - Genesis 1:29.

About love for animals in general - there are many places in The Bible that point to that. 

Now, about what I found relating to the above discussion:

I was reading through Genesis 2. Look at Genesis 2:17. 

Adam was specifically told that on the very day when he eats of the forbidden tree he will surely die. Now, there is another possible meaning for that. (We know that he died many years later). The meaning could be: on the day he eats the fruit the process leading to his death will start. Therefore his death will be inevitable. And death is looked at not as an instantaneous event but as a long process. And the date of death is the beginning of the process in Adams case. If that approach were to be applied today then a person's date of birth would coincide with their date of death. Now, what if the same approach were to be applied to the days of creation?

May GOD!!! be praised!!!!!!! May GOD!!! be praised forever!!!!!!

When writing these posts I never want to achieve anything for myself. I write them because they seem like "money" and posting them here seems like giving them to the "exchangers" - Mathew 25:27. Therefore, as soon as I think that I found something that looks like it might be "money", I'm in a hurry to give it to what seems like "exchangers".

And about myself I shall always add: I am a dead dog and a flea - First Samuel 24: 14.

The death spoken of is a spiritual death, not a physical one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Brothers and sisters, let us just remember what we focus on. We are focusing on praising GOD!!!!!!!

Wether the earth is "old" or "new", wether something is litteral or metaphorical, that could lead us to debates and thinking and research. But we should never forget about why we are doing that!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 1/9/2017 at 5:21 AM, justme007 said:

that's what living organisms do

yes and what they are working on is getting  things to build themselves. They want to use nano technology for  Molecular Manufacturing. 

The issue with evolution is that they do not take the fallen condition of creation into consideration.  They do not take God's plan of restoration into consideration. Some area do better than others though. Evo Devo for example. Even most of the research on DNA centers on trying to fix the problem and get rid of genetic diseases and disorders. 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 04/03/2018 at 4:48 AM, JohnR7 said:

The issue with evolution is that they do not take the fallen condition of creation into consideration.  They do not take God's plan of restoration into consideration. Some area do better than others though. Evo Devo for example. Even most of the research on DNA centers on trying to fix the problem and get rid of genetic diseases and disorders. 

1st sentences... correct because there's no evidence or reason to take it into account. Presupposing this or accepting supernatural claims have added nothing in 500 years of science. Where has the supernatural added to our understanding of the universe above and beyond the testing of the natural? 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

1st sentences... correct because there's no evidence or reason to take it into account.

I do not know about you but I dream about world peace and the end of war. I dream about children that do not cry themselves to sleep at night because they were just assaulted by an adult that they trusted and betrayed them. Do you want me to go on and on and on and on about all the many, many, many things that are not right with this world. For me we are either a part of he solution or a part of the problem. The only thing that makes life worth living is our hope that somehow, someway we can be used by God to be a part of the solution and do something to make this world a better place to be. 

On 2/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, justme007 said:

person's date of birth would coincide with their date of death.

Perhaps you can explain what Paul means when he says: "So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." 2 cor4:12

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

10 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I do not know about you but I dream about world peace and the end of war. I dream about children that do not cry themselves to sleep at night because they were just assaulted by an adult that they trusted and betrayed them. Do you want me to go on and on and on and on about all the many, many, many things that are not right with this world. For me we are either a part of he solution or a part of the problem. The only thing that makes life worth living is our hope that somehow, someway we can be used by God to be a part of the solution and do something to make this world a better place to be. 

I'd want the things you outlined also. As a non believer I'd disagree with the only thing that makes life worth living is we'd be used by god to achieve this.

We... society need to pull together... influence our governments to make the world a better place. I see no involvement by any God getting us there . Unless you've some evidence this has ever happened?