• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I agree that the incredible complexity of even the simplest life forms is strong evidence for a Creator. But there is no scientific reason to assume that the Creator could not have carried out His work through evolution.

Can you back this rather bold assertion up with even a single example? What kind of "lie" have "they" told that you can "prove" wrong?

(1)  I completely agree with your assessment, that God is capable of using any method He desires to bring forth life.   I kind of toss the scripture around just for this very topic: Since we know this is factually the oldest written Book within our Canon, older than Genesis, the Book of Job could shed some light to this subject:

Job 26:5 
Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.

(a)   Who is to say the Amoeba was not considered a dead thing before crawling out of water!!

The 2nd part of your question:
As a Mathematician, and someone who tinkers with an assortment of complex varieties, I associate with intellects and those who find Science to be the final authority in all things.   I rub elbows with the faculties of a few universities, likewise the same can be said of those representing religions within our Culture such as Judaism, Islam (but on lines prior to Mohammed), Christianity.   I like to refer them as the Beliefs created from Father Abraham.

Anyways, as to Science, we discuss issues and I have pointed out certain aspect where they agree are flawed.   Does not mean they are changing the Books, just means they acknowledge certain areas they have not completely figured out, yet.

But I am running into more Biologists, Astrophysicists, and Mathematicians that fit the Pew Research Poll:

***According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. ***

To me, this is phenomenal that more members of Science BELIEVE in a form of Higher Power (from God to Universal Spirit)!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

God created us in His image, not that of a monkey. Enuff said. Just my two bits,  JJ

And if God was to have chosen the route of Evolution to bring forth hominids (homosapiens) (humans), why would man not be in the LIKENESS of God even if we are related to the Apes?

I do not believe in Evolution per say the definition provided to us from Science, but I am a proponent that we do Evolve.   From Adam to us now, look at the primitive beginnings vs today's technology.   That is the perfect example of humans evolving!!  So, in order to Evolve, there is a sort of process concerning Evolution that should be viewed as "factual."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Like I said just do a thorough study of your eye, or your ear!

And like I said, there is no scientific reason to assume that God could not have used evolution as His tool. Yes, the eye and ear are complicated - this proves nothing.

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

why would God let man walk around blind for millions of years before He finished designing his eye?

Why are you assuming that the theory of evolution suggests that man walked around blind for millions of years?

58 minutes ago, childoftheking said:
***According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. ***

To me, this is phenomenal that more members of Science BELIEVE in a form of Higher Power (from God to Universal Spirit)!!

Yes, there are many biologists and other scientists that see scientific evidence just as I do - a strong suggestion of a Creator that values intricacy, complexity, and beauty, even in processes like evolution. I grew up as a YEC, but I've spent decades studying Biology and have only grown in my appreciation of His power, creativity, and precision. Our God is indeed an awesome God!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BorderCowboy said:

God created us in His image, not that of a monkey. Enuff said. Just my two bits,  JJ

Why do you assume that His image would be biological, despite God being spiritual in nature? I believe that just as God is spirit, we portray His image in spirit, not in our physical composition or ancestry.

1 hour ago, childoftheking said:

And if God was to have chosen the route of Evolution to bring forth hominids (homosapiens) (humans), why would man not be in the LIKENESS of God even if we are related to the Apes?

See my above response :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

My feelin' is that an "image" is something seen with our eyes. I do not feel that the spirit is something seen but felt in the heart an mind. Clarification not meant as a debate. Just my two bits,  JJ

1 hour ago, BorderCowboy said:

My feelin' is that an "image" is something seen with our eyes.

Have you seen God with your eyes? I haven't...

• Brilliant! 1

4 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Yes, there are many biologists and other scientists that see scientific evidence just as I do - a strong suggestion of a Creator that values intricacy, complexity, and beauty, even in processes like evolution. I grew up as a YEC, but I've spent decades studying Biology and have only grown in my appreciation of His power, creativity, and precision. Our God is indeed an awesome God!

Ah, a Biologist.

That intrigues me.

For 150 years observing cell structure of single cell organisms under the microscope, specifically observing to see (if) the single cell divides and becomes a separate multi-cell structure.  Biologists have played God and manipulated the process.   Thus with these t-shirts floating around about "Proof of Single Cell."  And understanding that Single Cell was one of the biggest obstacles for Science, in claiming outright that Evolution is a 100% fact.   Single Cell has proven within its own natural state, what Science claims vs what Single Cell factually is capable of.   Thus it became necessary for Biologists, to manipulate the process in order to get a result that once again, skews the bottom line.

What then is your opinion, of your Colleagues breaking down to cheat, so Science appears to be absolute?