• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone, 

One of the things I struggle with is how to recognise Gods voice. An example of this would be if I am praying for direction and guidance on a particular issue, and a thought about what i should do pops into me head, how do I know it is from God? I have heard people speak of confirmation and describe it as being different sources confirming that you are on the right path. How does one differentiate between confirmation and coincidence? What confuses me about confirmation is how do I know it is from God... Example... When I watch the C christian channel... I notice that different programmes may have a similar message / theme eg. fasting goals etc.... That's multiple!e sources with a similar message. Does that mean the message is for me from God? I pray and I ask God to show me where he wants me to God, but how do I recognise His voice... What do I need to do to recognise His voice?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings RuthEsther

Welcome to Worthy,,,

King James Bible
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17

Read Gods Word & pray Wisdom & Understanding(seeking the LOrd),you cannot ever put the cart before the horse,it never works that way......when you are firmly planted,rooted & grounded in the Word of God you are becoming established in His Word & you will begin to operate in His Power(Holy Spirit).....Holy Spirit brings Remembrance to you for "confiirmation" by witnesses of 2 or 3 BUT it must never contradict God Word,,,,,how would you know this if the Word is not IN YOU

King James Bible
This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
2 Corinthians 13:1

THe most important thing is growing in RELATIONSHIP with God in Christ,the more you get to know Him the easier it is to HEAR his voice

King James Bible
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:27

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

On 1/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, RuthEsther said:

Hi everyone, 

One of the things I struggle with is how to recognise Gods voice. An example of this would be if I am praying for direction and guidance on a particular issue, and a thought about what i should do pops into me head, how do I know it is from God? I have heard people speak of confirmation and describe it as being different sources confirming that you are on the right path. How does one differentiate between confirmation and coincidence? What confuses me about confirmation is how do I know it is from God... Example... When I watch the C christian channel... I notice that different programmes may have a similar message / theme eg. fasting goals etc.... That's multiple!e sources with a similar message. Does that mean the message is for me from God? I pray and I ask God to show me where he wants me to God, but how do I recognise His voice... What do I need to do to recognise His voice?

Hi Ruth, I hope you are around to hear my answer.

I've heard voices.

Are they from God?

I hope so.

Here is a way to look at hearing from God.

God will always say what can be confirmed in his word, the Bible.

The Bible is complete. There is nothing new under the sun.

What did you hear God say to you?

Can you back it up in the Bible?

There's a good chance you are hearing him if you can.

How can you know for sure?

Trust and obey.

Trust you have heard from God and obey what he says, asd long as you know the Bible backs it up.

God will never confuse you or play games with your mind.

He is probably speaking to you right now.

Do you hear him?

Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus,is to trust and obey.

Amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Does God still speak to us today?"

Answer:
The Bible records God speaking audibly to people many times (Exodus 3:14; Joshua 1:1; Judges 6:18; 1 Samuel 3:11; 2 Samuel 2:1;Job 40:1; Isaiah 7:3; Jeremiah 1:7 ;Acts 8:26; 9:15—this is just a small sampling). There is no biblical reason why God could not speak to a person audibly today. With the hundreds of times the Bible records God speaking, we have to remember that they occur over the course of 4,000 years of human history. God speaking audibly is the exception, not the rule. Even in the biblically recorded instances of God speaking, it is not always clear whether it was an audible voice, an inner voice, or a mental impression.

God does speak to people today. First, God speaks to us through His Word (2 Timothy 3:16–17). Isaiah 55:11 tells us, “So is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” The Bible is God’s Word, everything we need to know in order to be saved and live the Christian life. Second Peter 1:3 declares, “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

God can also “speak” to us through events—i.e., He can guide us through arranging our circumstances. And God helps us to discern right from wrong through our consciences (1 Timothy 1:5;1 Peter 3:16). God is in the process of conforming our minds to think His thoughts (Romans 12:2). God allows events to occur in our lives to direct us, change us, and help us to grow spiritually (James 1:2–5;Hebrews 12:5–11). First Peter 1:6–7reminds us, “In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.”

God may sometimes speak audibly to people. It is highly doubtful, though, that this occurs as often as some people claim it does. Again, even in the Bible, God speaking audibly is the exception, not the ordinary. If anyone claims that God has spoken to him or her, always compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak today, His words would be in full agreement with what He has said in the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16–17). God does not contradict Himself.

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-still-speak.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

I have been thinking about this.

I see that RuthEster, who started this thread looking for answers, has not been on since Wednesday and I wrote my previously answer on Thursday.

I think I will start a new thread on this subject elsewhere.

Which forum is best?

Anyone?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi everyone, thank you all for your responses. You have given me alot to think about. Coming out clearly is that I need to know His Word more deeply. 

I do find that it is not always a question of right or wrong... An example of this would be remain in a current job that you enjoy or take up a post with higher pay. Most people would jump to the latter option. However, life should not always be about material things but walking and living according to His will. 

For me my struggle is listening to the feeling / pull that I have as I am not certàin if it is because I desire to make a certain decision or its Gods will. Unless silence is an answer 

It's becoming increasingly clear that for me, the starting point is become immersed in the Word... With time, I hope to become more sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

Ruth.......back in my 20s I read a book that changed my life completely. It helped me so much it's called HEARING GOD by PETER LORD. 

For me personally yes the bible will and should line up with what you hear from God. But the best way I can describe it is........it's kinda like you have a thought, that's not your thought, it's also like you know something suddenly, yet it feels like you always knew it, but just remembered it. This will sound weird but you also can know it's him when you hear words that's not in your daily vocabulary. 

But I will say it's very hard to hear HIM clearly when you're very emotionally tied up in what your seeking answers for......get alone and worship him until you break thru your emotions and enter into HIS presence. Become sensitive to the Holy Spirit and HIS direction.

Know that satan will try to distort HIS words, but the more you spend time alone with your heavenly father, the clearer you will hear HIM.

Be blessed and check out that book, it helped me so much. And stay in the word !!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,056
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As life in God increases by willful drawing near

Psalms 73:28 (KJV)

[28] But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

It can only be according to His Word for this is the foundation upon which even our faith in Him is increased

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

satan wishes to keep some kind of a hold over us and his avenues of use in this is this present world and our first born structures... but the membrane of faith is of such that it replaces the values of the world and our own flesh to that of no keeping and new s/Spiritual birth and presence with Him (where He 'IS') to be the total of keeping ... this is what the Christian calls sanctification and it is the renewing of the mind enabling this

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Certainly to know the specific for our life in doing the works of God we must hear Him- the onus of this lies in non-distracted living for Him according to His Word! He (The Lord) will bless us with the communication of His Will through s/Spirit in what ever way pleases Him~ for we will desire to know it with all our soul in order to obey it... I believe God actually tailors our person to His Person uniquely as our finger prints suggest... then in that uniqueness we are corporately placed together to reflect a glory of His Doing -> a marvelous display that Only our Lord could do... That is why Church is so important! Your absence will lesson what was the intent of God was in that corporate body of believers!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In theory, there are two kinds of god, personal and impersonal. Along with this various things described as demons, and magicians can plant thoughts in your head.

An impersonal god does not have an ego or personal identity. Impersonal gods could include forces of nature and also the "great god that dreams the cosmos."

If it speaks to you with a voice or even with ideas it is a personal god (or the cia/mafia screwing with you using one of those microwave voice to skull things, see uspto.gov). If you hear a voice and don't see anything it is most likely someone screwing with you. If you see something it does not mean what you see is what is. A god can appear as anything and often they prefer to appear as idols or statues.

If it speaks to you with ideas alone, it could still be a personal god that likes to be subtle, or an animal spirit, or a demon, etc. A god that has been a god for a long time and is largely without passion or base desires will begin to reject the idea of verbal communication. Its clunky, slow, and prone to misunderstanding. Communicating with ideas works better, but there is still the problem of cultural misunderstanding and trying to communicate with what could be a vastly inferior mind.

Demons know that they tend to get themselves in trouble when they open their mouths so they usually don't. Possessing someone is risky and costly. They usually only do it to absorb life force from someone and coast through the years at your expense. They don't care much what you do or try to persuade you to anything. If you are a "problem" they will posses you to spy on you or make you angry at key moments to ruin friendships or alienate your congregation. Fasting is important because it casts out demons and prevents them from re-entering you while fasting. If everyone on the planet fasted frequently enough and at the same time there would be no demons. It takes time for them to absorb enough life force from you to make up for what they lost when they possessed you. Ascetisims and abstinences also wear down demons. They exhaust themselves trying to get you to conform to their habits. Habits you have that offend them, like really "Christiany" gospel music, will exhaust them. Avoiding anything "indulgent" will make you a poor choice for possession. Brief intense anerobic exercise and anything painful will exhaust them and you might actual eject one in visible form. The exercise has to be intense enough to make you feel dizzy like you are going to pass out. The pain has to be enough to make you flinch. Its better if you do it suddenly and repeatedly. Demons also tend to have phobias. You feel what they feel. If you have a phobia there is a good chance its actually you feeling the fear of a demon that is possessing you. Confronting that fear (skydiving, fire bathing, polar bear dip, snakes, spiders, lions) can eject a demon.

Most likely, if anything speaks to you at all its a 99.9 percent chance its bad. And I'm not exaggerating. I really think based on my extensive experiences its 99.9, not 99.8, not 99.99.

Most demons are not genius' but, they are smarter than people give them credit.

As long as I'm on the subject, if a woman makes you feel sleepy, tingly, or dizzy its not because you are attracted to her, its because she is stealing your life force so she can give it to her pimp.

Look up "intuition" and ways to develop it. Thats what you really need. You also need a good and wise preacher that is not a user. And of course this forum. Make use of the wisdom around you. Your own brain can provide you with near god-like intuition if your practice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/10/2017 at 9:46 PM, RuthEsther said:

Hi everyone, 

Dear sister RuthEsther,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Firstly, it is important to highlight some features of the Eternal’s Spirit:

1st: He only confirms what Jesus did and spoke:

·        “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” (John 16.13,14).

2nd: He don’t come to make happy the sinner, but to lead them to repentance (after all, it was to this that Jesus came – Matthew 9.13,14):

·        “And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:” (John 16.8).

3rd: His objective is to join the brothers to each other and to the Eternal:

·        “Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” (1 Corinthians 12.3).

4th: He professes that Jesus came in the flesh, but never exalts the material things. Instead, He always leads people to renounce the pleasures of the flesh and to seek the things that are of the Kingdom of the Eternal (as did Jesus – Matthew 6.19-21; Colossians 3.1-4):

·        “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.” (1 John 4.1-5).

In other words, all that the Eternal’s Spirit only is to confirm the Holy Scripture.

Furthermore, there is a promise for everybody that want to know, live, watch and teach the truth in order to approach of Christ: such a people will find Jesus and His will:

·        “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” (Romans 10.11).

·        “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD…” (Jeremiah 29.13,14).

·        “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” (Jeremiah 33.3).

·        “And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded: and he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.” (2 Corinthians 15.1,2).

But, without doubt, the best form of recognizing the Eternal’s voice is knowing Him more and more:

·        “Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.” (Hosea 6.3).

The better we know the Eternal, the easier will be to identify His voice.

May Jesus help us to get nearer of the Eternal so that never we’ll be deceive by false ministers and demons (2 Corinthians 11.13-15).