• Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/11/2017 at 4:14 PM, kwikphilly said:

how would you know this if the Word is not IN YOU

Dear sister RuthEsther,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

This that the sister Kwik said is very important.

·        “I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.” (John 8.37).

·        “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15.7).

After all, the best way of us to acknowledge the Eternal’s voice is having His Word (Jesus) living inside us. In this case, the Living Word will show us when something is wrong:

·        “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2.27).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265

On 1/12/2017 at 1:44 AM, eileenhat said:

I might add that you do not hear an actual voice, just a pull to be more obedient, respectful and you are to set yourself among your brethren so as to learn the word of God as well, until such time he (through the holy Spirit, ie. non verbal) guides you in a different direction.

For example I walked into a gay bar once 25 years ago out of curiosity in SF and got hit with a wave of darkness feelings and ran for the exit.

It was a feeling,...practically speaking.

Growing up I had to Christian parents that I obeyed, respected and trusted (so that follows what the bible teaches).  No voice from God required.

Dear sister Eileenhat,

With all love in Christ, forgive me for strongly disagreeing with you, but hearing the voice of the Eternal is indispensable. Just think that for twelve times Jesus instructs us to this:

·        “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 11.15).

·        “Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 13.9).

·        “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 13.43).

·        “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.” (Mark 4.23).

·        “It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Luke 14.35).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” (Revelation 2:7).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.” (Revelation 2:11).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [ it ].” (Revelation 2:17).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 2:29).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 3:6).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 3:13).

·        “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 3:22).

Not to mention other passages:

·        “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: that thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” (Deuteronomy 30.19,20).

·        “For he [ is ] our God; and we [ are ] the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your heart, as in the provocation, [ and ] as [ in ] the day of temptation in the wilderness:” (Psalms 95.7,8)

·        “Wherefore ( as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:” (Hebrews 3.7,8).

·        “While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.” (Hebrews 3:15).

·        “Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.” (Hebrews 4:7).

·        “If any man have an ear, let him hear.” (Revelation 13:9).

·        “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: and all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.” (Deuteronomy 28.1,2).

This last verse, in particular, shows that if we hear the voice of the Eternal, the blessing comes upon us and follows us.

Notice, then, how important and vital it is to hear the voice of the Eternal. This frees us from being dependent on the system that rules this world.

But that's not all! Remember that everything that exists (except the human being) was created by the word of the Eternal and is maintained by it (Heb. 1.3). Not to mention that since the Eternal identifies itself as the great "I AM," it is He who defines all things:

with a word from the mouth of the Eternal, Moses was able to open the Red Sea with a simple staff (Exodus 14:15,16);

with a word that Jesus said ("come"), Peter was able to walk on the waters (Matthew 14:29);

On hearing the voice of the Eternal, Elijah was able to bring down fire from heaven (1 Kings 18.36);

on hearing the voice of the Eternal, Ezekiel was able to bring to life a lot of dry bones (Ezekiel 37:1-11).

If this is not enough, just think that the basic characteristic of the sheep is to hear the voice of the Shepherd:

·        “But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” (John 10.2-5)

·        “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (John 10:27).

·        “Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” (John 18.37).

·        “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3.20)

Finally, our identity before the Eternal is to be a House of Prayer (Isaiah 56.7; Matthew 21:13), that is, a place of relationship, intimacy with the Father. Prayer is not only to speak with the Eternal, but especially to hear what He wants and has for us.

May Jesus help us to hear the voice of the Eternal so that we can feed only what is truly good on this earth (Isaiah 1.19):

·        “Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.” (Isaiah 48.17-19).

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 29/01/2017 at 7:34 PM, DayByDay said:

Almost forgot. The Jewish/Christian god does not "guide" you. He will speak you verbally and in no uncertain terms. Usually with a visage. But, whatever you see and hear there is no guarantee that it is who it says it is.

If something is "guiding" you it is not necessarily bad. It could be a good god trying to guide you without letting a bad god find out. Gods can read your mind pretty easy. In fact mortals can too if they know how. If you know a god is or has spoken to you it can be trouble for them if a black god finds out.

What do you mean by a 'good god' and a 'bad god' (or black god)? There is only one God - all others are false.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Its a common belief but not true. The bible mentions the jewish god doing battle with other gods on several occasions. We are commanded to have no other god before him, etc. but not told he is the only one. There are other (personal) gods. If you subscribe to the idea of god as an impersonal "dreaming the universe" god, thats your choice, but not how the jewish god describes himself. If you don't agree just try shouting the name Baal (pronounced Bayul) while thinking of his temple in Palmyra or one of the arches while either in a large crowd or having manifested life force. Please don't do that by the way, its kind of trolling. If you do, make sure you have something to say and be respectful. It is acceptable in the culture of the area to be respectful to a god, even an enemy. Often it is required because not doing so could be starting a fight between your god and the other.He usually presents himself as a slightly short man with round face. He is not short. He is one of the most powerful gods on earth. Also an enemy of the Jewish god and lord of the Khazars who have killed nearly all of the true jews.

If you ask someone from that part of the world they will tell you. In fact a number of them are gods themselves. As are most four star generals around the world.

Edited by DayByDay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.(John 8.37).

·        “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15.7).

After all, the best way of us to acknowledge the Eternal’s voice is having His Word (Jesus) living inside us. In this case, the Living Word will show us when something is wrong:

·        “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2.27).                                      Leonardo Von

Perfect examples Brother :amen:                                                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

What do you mean by a 'good god' and a 'bad god' (or black god)? There is only one God - all others are false.                                                Oakwood

Its a common belief but not true. The bible mentions the jewish god doing battle with other gods on several occasions. We are commanded to have no other god before him, etc. but not told he is the only one. There are other (personal) gods. If you subscribe to the idea of god as an impersonal "dreaming the universe" god, thats your choice, but not how the jewish god describes himself. If you don't agree just try shouting the name Baal (pronounced Bayul) while thinking of his temple in Palmyra or one of the arches while either in a large crowd or having manifested life force. Please don't do that by the way, its kind of trolling. If you do, make sure you have something to say and be respectful. It is acceptable in the culture of the area to be respectful to a god, even an enemy. Often it is required because not doing so could be starting a fight between your god and the other.He usually presents himself as a slightly short man with round face. He is not short. He is one of the most powerful gods on earth. Also an enemy of the Jewish god and lord of the Khazars who have killed nearly all of the true jews.

If you ask someone from that part of the world they will tell you. In fact a number of them are gods themselves. As are most four star generals around the world.                                                                                                                                    DayByDay

DayByDay,what are you talking about?Are you saying that  you do not Believe in the One True Living God?The "Jewish" God,the God of Abraham,Isaac & Jacob is the ONE & ONLY God....."gods" are simply demons....... You serve one or the other...

Malachi 3:18 - Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

1 Peter 2:9 - But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265

On 1/12/2017 at 11:09 PM, White Rabbitt said:

I've heard voices.

Are they from God?

I hope so.

Here is a way to look at hearing from God.

God will always say what can be confirmed in his word, the Bible.

The Bible is complete. There is nothing new under the sun.

What did you hear God say to you?

Can you back it up in the Bible?

There's a good chance you are hearing him if you can.

How can you know for sure?

Trust and obey.

Dear White Rabbit,

I agree with you that everything that the Eternal speaks must be rigorously recorded in the Holy Scripture. However, since everything that does not come from faith is sin (Romans 14:23), until we are sure that it is the Lord who is speaking, we must not go forward. Take the example of Gideon:

·        “Now therefore go to, proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whosoever is fearful and afraid, let him return and depart early from mount Gilead. And there returned of the people twenty and two thousand; and there remained ten thousand. And the LORD said unto Gideon, the people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go. So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink. And the number of them that lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, were three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down upon their knees to drink water.And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the other people go every man unto his place. So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel every man unto his tent, and retained those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley. And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Arise, get thee down unto the host; for I have delivered it into thine hand. But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host: and thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that were in the host.” (Judge 7.3-11).

Notice that the Eternal commanded all those who were timid and fearful to return. And as for Gideon, the Eternal did not allow Him to go to war while there was fear or insecurity in his heart.

Besides, how are we going to follow someone we do not know for sure?

·        “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” (John 10.1-5).

We have to be careful not to follow strangers. The important thing is not simply to go about doing things thinking about pleasing the Eternal. We have to see if it is He who is speaking (whether in our hearts or through others) that we don’t run the risk of being found going to the wrong place, doing the wrong thing, at the wrong time, the wrong way.

Moreover, if we are not sure about who we are following, we may end up sinking in the faith (as happened with Peter):

·        “But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matthew 14.27-31).

Walking listening to the wrong voice is a huge waste of time, energy and blessings.:

·        “But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luke 6.49).

As for the voices you hear, I believe they are not of God, for ever the Eternal spoke in the Holy Scripture or sent an angel to communicate His message, everything was very clear to the recipient. There was no doubt, no confusion (see 1 Corinthians 14:33):

·        “There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.” (1 Corinthians 14.10,11).

May Jesus always lead us to be more and more in tune with His voice, so that we can never get in tune with any other kind of voice, or let His message go unnoticed to us (as was the case in John 12:28-30).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

25 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

Dear White Rabbit,

I agree with you that everything that the Eternal speaks must be rigorously recorded in the Holy Scripture. However, since everything that does not come from faith is sin (Romans 14:23), until we are sure that it is the Lord who is speaking, we must not go forward. Take the example of Gideon:

·        “Now therefore go to, proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whosoever is fearful and afraid, let him return and depart early from mount Gilead. And there returned of the people twenty and two thousand; and there remained ten thousand. And the LORD said unto Gideon, the people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go. So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink. And the number of them that lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, were three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down upon their knees to drink water.And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the other people go every man unto his place. So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel every man unto his tent, and retained those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley. And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Arise, get thee down unto the host; for I have delivered it into thine hand. But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host: and thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that were in the host.” (Judge 7.3-11).

Notice that the Eternal commanded all those who were timid and fearful to return. And as for Gideon, the Eternal did not allow Him to go to war while there was fear or insecurity in his heart.

Besides, how are we going to follow someone we do not know for sure?

·        “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” (John 10.1-5).

We have to be careful not to follow strangers. The important thing is not simply to go about doing things thinking about pleasing the Eternal. We have to see if it is He who is speaking (whether in our hearts or through others) that we don’t run the risk of being found going to the wrong place, doing the wrong thing, at the wrong time, the wrong way.

Moreover, if we are not sure about who we are following, we may end up sinking in the faith (as happened with Peter):

·        “But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matthew 14.27-31).

Walking listening to the wrong voice is a huge waste of time, energy and blessings.:

·        “But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luke 6.49).

As for the voices you hear, I believe they are not of God, for ever the Eternal spoke in the Holy Scripture or sent an angel to communicate His message, everything was very clear to the recipient. There was no doubt, no confusion (see 1 Corinthians 14:33):

·        “There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.” (1 Corinthians 14.10,11).

May Jesus always lead us to be more and more in tune with His voice, so that we can never get in tune with any other kind of voice, or let His message go unnoticed to us (as was the case in John 12:28-30).

Sorry Leonardo, I don't follow you.

Your use of Scripture to make a point confuses me.

You just said the voice I hear is not from God.

That's quite a judgment on your part.

So if it was not of God, who is it from?

Are you saying I'm listening to demons?

Therefore my actions to serve God are from demons?

That I should listen to you and not demons?

I know you may mean well but your communication is lacking.

And why is that?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

20 hours ago, DayByDay said:

If you ask someone from that part of the world they will tell you. In fact a number of them are gods themselves. As are most four star generals around the world.

There are a few things you say here that I question.  Do you know the difference between man made gods and the one true God?  Do you believe every god people believe in is the one true God?  Have you considered what scripture tells us about the one true God?  Do you believe int bible?

John 17:1-5

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi, I think its an issue of communication, not dogma. You said "there is only one god," in contrast to my statement about dealing with gods, demons, etc. which is a different issue. Within the context of the original conversation it does not matter if its "the one," a former mortal, man made, or anything else. All that matters is it exists, and it can mess with you. 

There is a common misconception here in america, which I used to hold. It is that the word "god" is a name for an individual god, being the jewish god. Its not. Sometimes we use it that way when a group of people of one religion are gathered together. One reason we do that is because speaking a god's true name is the way to summon it. They usually ignore you unless you do it repeatedly and with a little emphasis, but they know even if you just whisper it. So, rather than pull your god's chain all the time, they just call him "god," "our god,"  "their god," etc. When I wrote about "good gods" and "black gods" I meant just that. One form of strife against a god is to get people to say its name a lot, as has happened with y-h. This is really distracting to the god and makes it difficult when his followers need to communicate with him. It can also get you in trouble with him. A god can actually change its name and this happens from time to time as a result.

Regarding every god people believe in being the one true god. No,most gods, and their followers would be less offended if you said they are not the one true god, then if you said they are the same god as some other god. Most (that I know of) do not claim to be "the one true god" and look at you funny if you mention the idea. Like if I said I am the one true human and all other humans are just pretending to be me. Sometimes you get close to the idea in some religious texts where it says something along the lines of so-and-so its the one true god . . . of our people. The idea of a great god that dreams the universe is incomprehensible to many people in this world. Not to say its wrong, just that they don't get it. They have never heard of the idea or seriously considered it. So when you say "one true god" they don't know where you are going with the idea.

Edited by DayByDay