Sight

God cant fix everything.

23 posts in this topic

(I speak of this, not as a flesh-dominated angry heathen, but as someone who walks in the spirit, and focuses on the spirit)

Many personal and public victories occur when a person walks with Jesus, in the Holy spirit. I know I have seen and experienced awesome transitions JUST THIS PAST YEAR in my own development. As a person, most of my posts here were done in the flesh, angry at life, and circumstances.

95% of my 'problems' are fixed when I focus on walking in the spirit rather than responding in the flesh. We are our spirit, not our flesh; the ownership of that belief transforms most people's Christian walks.

Everything about you makes sense when you realize you are a spiritual creature, not a fleshly one. Scripture speaks louder and makes more sense. The world changes (or at least your worldview). Life begins to take a new turn.

...but in the time I have witnessed these changes, there is one thing GOD CANNOT DO. There is one thing Jesus is incapable of doing through his cross...there is one thing Christianity fails in...

You cannot change the past.

And, you cannot change people's past perceptions about you, even though God could be united among us.

And, you cant go back and fix your mistakes.

So the congregation says God is good. Perhaps, to some.

But what of those who have lost? Who have suffered in the past? Who have been hurt? Abused? Molested? killed? Impoverished? Imprisoned? How do you justify yourselves to these who have been hurt? 

I know Christians who have GOOD things happen to them all the time. Prestige. Power. Influence. Friends. Loved ones. Blessings. Peace...

But more people suffer, and I dont care how deep in the spirit you are. I DONT CARE how much scripture you have read. I DONT CARE if you go to Church every sunday and worship. Why do some get less, and some get more.

But, dont bother answering.

NONE OF YOU can answer that question. You know why? Because there is no answer. God is god, life is life.

So here I am, sharing what I've shared with you, just to say this:

If I lose everything unjustly, and my worst enemy surpasses me in all areas, I would be likely to reject the faith and become a reprobate occultist into Freemasonry. I know God is good, and he is just, but he cannot heal my past. He cannot restore my relationships.

The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob cannot fix the past. Some of us had a past life of pain, suffering, and agony, and cant do anything about it. What makes God so special that he can RIGHT every WRONG done in the past?

I ask this...as a born again Christian who got baptized in the holy spirit, and speaks in tongues.

I know what I'm talking about. I want to see if any of YOU know what you're talking about.

Truth be told, I'm not expecting much.

How long have you been angry with God?

49 minutes ago, Sight said:

(I speak of this, not as a flesh-dominated angry heathen, but as someone who walks in the spirit, and focuses on the spirit)

Many personal and public victories occur when a person walks with Jesus, in the Holy spirit. I know I have seen and experienced awesome transitions JUST THIS PAST YEAR in my own development. As a person, most of my posts here were done in the flesh, angry at life, and circumstances.

95% of my 'problems' are fixed when I focus on walking in the spirit rather than responding in the flesh. We are our spirit, not our flesh; the ownership of that belief transforms most people's Christian walks.

Everything about you makes sense when you realize you are a spiritual creature, not a fleshly one. Scripture speaks louder and makes more sense. The world changes (or at least your worldview). Life begins to take a new turn.

...but in the time I have witnessed these changes, there is one thing GOD CANNOT DO. There is one thing Jesus is incapable of doing through his cross...there is one thing Christianity fails in...

And, you cannot change people's past perceptions about you, even though God could be united among us.

But what of those who have lost? Who have suffered in the past? Who have been hurt? Abused? Molested? killed? Impoverished? Imprisoned? How do you justify yourselves to these who have been hurt? 

I know Christians who have GOOD things happen to them all the time. Prestige. Power. Influence. Friends. Loved ones. Blessings. Peace...

But more people suffer, and I dont care how deep in the spirit you are. I DONT CARE how much scripture you have read. I DONT CARE if you go to Church every sunday and worship. Why do some get less, and some get more.

NONE OF YOU can answer that question. You know why? Because there is no answer. God is god, life is life.

If I lose everything unjustly, and my worst enemy surpasses me in all areas, I would be likely to reject the faith and become a reprobate occultist into Freemasonry. I know God is good, and he is just, but he cannot heal my past. He cannot restore my relationships.

The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob cannot fix the past. Some of us had a past life of pain, suffering, and agony, and cant do anything about it. What makes God so special that he can RIGHT every WRONG done in the past?

I ask this...as a born again Christian who got baptized in the holy spirit, and speaks in tongues.

I know what I'm talking about. I want to see if any of YOU know what you're talking about.

God Gives beauty for ashes.  its what He does.  At one time my family wanted nothing to do with me.  God restored my relationship to my family when we were not on speaking terms.  Now my mother has told me that she will remember who helped her and she is going to leave the house in her will to me.  This is not my doing. 

And even more...  adam and eve messed it up for all of us, The Word became flesh, and was crucified to pay for our sins.  so how then do you say He cant?  He defeated the grave.  by your own power can you do this? 

You are right about not being able to change the past, but we learn from our mistakes.  and life goes on.  I have had a lot of suffering and pain and rejection by those who are supposed to be there for me. 

God isnt in a hurry but He is always on time.  By the way, when He separated light and dark and set the earth spinning He started time.  And its always in His time when He does what He does.. 

You say you know God is good but IF certian things were to happen you would turn.  First off, you done got a dose of The Ghost.  The Holy Ghost is in you.  this too is something you cant change.  He said never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.  The gifts and the calling are without repentance.  you go ahead and try to turn, and you will discover those unclean spirits you need in you to do the work of the dark side can not inhabit you.  they will just torment you until you cant take it anymore and cry out to God.  Dont turn from God.  There is nothing out there.  Remember Lots wife... dont look back.  this is life.  our eyes face foward and we take one step at a time in a forward direction.    Plus i tell you from experience, if you turn from God the shame is overwhelming. 

1 hour ago, Sight said:

Have you read how much Paul suffered for the sake of following Jesus and preaching the Gospel?   He was at the zenith of his profession.  He was poised to go to great heights and he lost it all when met Jesus.   Read II Corinthians 11 about what Paul suffered.   He was stoned and left for dead, beaten with rods and flogged, imprisoned, shipwrecked, snake bit, naked, starving having to live with trauma of his injuries, never healing up from stuff he endured.

Yet Paul's didn't decide that God had forsaken him.  He saw his weakness, his suffering as vehicle for God's glory.  When Paul was sent to prison, he didn't get angry at God for allowing him to be unjustly imprisoned.  He started a prison ministry and started getting Roman soldier's saved, at least that what we read about in scripture. 

I have been at the bedside of dear old saints who didn't deserve the cancer they were suffering with.  But they glorified the Lord and didn't allow a terminal disease to steal the joy of their salvation.  I know people who  should have been bitter over their circumstances, but chose to use their weakness, their suffering as a vehicle through which the Lord could reveal His power in their lives.

It is in the crucible of suffering that our testimony is being  built.  When we are suffering, and we will suffer, that is not the time to give up on God.  That is the time to hold closer to Him.

The Lord never promised us that we would not suffer and to be honest, when you're walking with the Lord the suffering is worse, but He gives meaning to our suffering, there is purpose in the pain.    These sorrows we have to deal with are how God sharpens us, hardens us and reveals his power in our lives IF we submit to Him.   No one likes to go through tragedy or injustice or any other kind of event that brings us pain and sorrow, but it's what God is willing to use in broken world, either to bring us to the point that we realize we need Him, or as a means of showing His power through us in whatever way He chooses.

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

How long have you been angry with God?

Approximately 12-15 years of my life. Over a decade.

I accepted Jesus at 21, and received the baptism of the holy spirit at 27. I just turned 28. The reason it took 6.5 years to gain the baptism of the holy spirit was because of that exact anger and hatred.

NOW...it's different. Since I walk in the spirit, I can command the anger, in Jesus' name, to dissapate and neutralize itself. But, there are some things I have no control over...that I was seeing that God doesn't have control over either, and I have to bite my tongue while those who wronged me continue to get preferential treatment over me. Many whine and complain about it, but for me, If I'm pushed, I can be violent, cruel and merciless and not care...not of anger, but because I have been hurt so many times...i'm numb to it.

God Gives beauty for ashes.  its what He does.  At one time my family wanted nothing to do with me.  God restored my relationship to my family when we were not on speaking terms.  Now my mother has told me that she will remember who helped her and she is going to leave the house in her will to me.  This is not my doing. 

And even more...  adam and eve messed it up for all of us, The Word became flesh, and was crucified to pay for our sins.  so how then do you say He cant?  He defeated the grave.  by your own power can you do this? 

You are right about not being able to change the past, but we learn from our mistakes.  and life goes on.  I have had a lot of suffering and pain and rejection by those who are supposed to be there for me. 

God isnt in a hurry but He is always on time.  By the way, when He separated light and dark and set the earth spinning He started time.  And its always in His time when He does what He does.. 

You say you know God is good but IF certian things were to happen you would turn.  First off, you done got a dose of The Ghost.  The Holy Ghost is in you.  this too is something you cant change.  He said never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.  The gifts and the calling are without repentance.  you go ahead and try to turn, and you will discover those unclean spirits you need in you to do the work of the dark side can not inhabit you.  they will just torment you until you cant take it anymore and cry out to God.  Dont turn from God.  There is nothing out there.  Remember Lots wife... dont look back.  this is life.  our eyes face foward and we take one step at a time in a forward direction.    Plus i tell you from experience, if you turn from God the shame is overwhelming. 

Yes, he does give beauty for ashes. I am having faith for that. It doesn't seem like anyone in my life gives a hoot about my existence, and yet, I know in the spirit, I can continue to serve them.  Flesh does not dominate me as it used to, but there are some things I cannot let go without justice.

I say he can't...because it seems like everyone I ever came in contact with currently hates me, and doesn't want to talk to me.  I am no stranger to this, but as a 28 year old man, I grieve against God, and even spoke out LOUD to him "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP BLOCKING MY LIFE FROM PROGRESSING?". I dont do that as often anymore, but sometimes, I wonder why everyone avoids me and turns against me. I turn it back on God and throw it in his face (Not as often these days, but I am tired of it)

I am fully consecrated in the spirit, and unless I were to purposefully choose to become reprobate, I would be guided back to the LORD. I then think of Jonah, and realize God would never let me wander astray.

If I can master connecting with people, VICTORY IS ACHIEVED.

David sinned and had to live with the consequences of his sin.  His son by Bathsheba died.  Then he had one son rape his half sister and her brother took vengeance when David did not follow the law in giving out justice.  It all would make a good soap opera.  Then his son took his reign from him and pursued him to murder his own father.  I would have to reread it all to give you the whole story.  But David spent half his life hiding from his own son, running for his life, first from Saul and then from Absolon.   David was a man after God's own heart, but he spent a lot of time being hated.   

For that matter, we are told that we would be treated as Jesus was treated.  Rejection is very hard to deal with.  And if you have abused people it will take a long time for them to trust you again.   Like David, we do have to live with the consequences of our sin.  I don't know who got off and lived happily ever after, but that is not the normal Christian life.  All the apostles died as martyrs but for John, who was exiled on Patmos. I take consolation in that God loves us, we are adopted into His family, we will live with Him in eternity, and Jesus is at the right hand of the Father right now, and is praying for us.  

Your story sounds very similar to mine. From very early childhood, I suffered with fear and anger. Abusive childhood, a bunch of other stuff that happened along the way, didn't help matters any. I prayed 'till I was "blue in the face" when I was a kid, in my teens, for God to remove the pain, fix my situation...it never happened.

Finally, after many years, I learned how to walk as a Christian, how much God truly does love me, and that as a child of the King, I am Royalty. For many years in my Christian walk, the Bible was nothing more than a bunch of good sounding words that never worked out in real life.

When I finally realized who I was in Christ, learned how to pray the prayer of faith (which sadly, many/most Christians do not, the church is largely asleep and does not teach it these days) things started to turn around for me. I saw true miracles start to happen. It is for today. I'm not on board with the suffering doctrine. We serve a good God who gifts good gifts, and pain, torment, suffering, death is not good gifts.

Much of what we experience are spiritual attacks, and if we are not well equipped, we are weak to come against these attacks.

I thank God that I finally "got it." When I came to a point of brokenness, where I earnestly cried out in faith, I was led down a path where I finally learned these things. Not that God put the suffering on me to teach me a lesson, or lead me down that path, rather, I finally came to a point in my life where I was ready to listen.

10 hours ago, Sight said:

Approximately 12-15 years of my life. Over a decade.

I accepted Jesus at 21, and received the baptism of the holy spirit at 27. I just turned 28. The reason it took 6.5 years to gain the baptism of the holy spirit was because of that exact anger and hatred.

NOW...it's different. Since I walk in the spirit, I can command the anger, in Jesus' name, to dissapate and neutralize itself. But, there are some things I have no control over...that I was seeing that God doesn't have control over either, and I have to bite my tongue while those who wronged me continue to get preferential treatment over me. Many whine and complain about it, but for me, If I'm pushed, I can be violent, cruel and merciless and not care...not of anger, but because I have been hurt so many times...i'm numb to it.

I see a few things going on, the greatest is not letting go of your past by continuing to compare yourself to others.  When you continue to compare, you are continuing to hold onto the pain.  You see, we are told that if we are of the world, the world would love us.  The worldly love can show itself through the very things you mentioned above, as in preferential treatment from the world, not God.

Scripture tells us that God allows things to happen. This does not mean that He does not have power to change things.  In other words, God is not to blame if we make bad choices and reap the results.  We are.  In your case, your anger sounds like it derives from the blessings the world passes out to the worldly.  This is a very dangerous place to be, as we can see in Matthew 13:22 "Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful."  We need to realize that if the worlds riches and blessing is placed before God, we will be unfruitful.  The fruit I see here is described in Galatians 5:22-23 below:

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

May I suggest you try putting the following into practice to change the way you do think by changing the focus of your thoughts.  Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Hello Sight

I'm sorry to hear your "likely" decision ,if you have said it for the shock or to hear"Oh no,don;t do that!!!" Then I'm pretty sure you will get those responses,all I can say is,I'm sorry,my Spirit grieves for you if it is the truth then I don't expect we will hear from you again,I do hope it is not true because if it is ,it is dreadful & horrifying to think of

I would be likely to reject the faith and become a reprobate occultist into Freemasonry                                                        Sight

Honestly,I don't believe that you are a BORN AGAIN or at the very least perhaps you are &  have Received the Holy Spirit only you certainly hinder your access to operating in His Power,speaking in tongues does not impress me,the enemy can speak many languages   I'm sorry,I truly do not know your heart but I do not see any evidence of LIFE  or fruits of the Spirit?

Sight

You are still focused on the world,still as carnal minded as you were when you first got here imo.......still coveting what everyone else gets,still see prestige,worldly power(with a small p),influence,friends etc,,,,, as GOOD things & things you desire most & lust after,,,,,,,,so were is the transformation of a Born Again,Spirit Filled Believer,where is the New Creature with the Heart & mind of Jesus,,,,?I ask you,where?

When you sit here & say,"I have much suffering & little worldly possessions but I have JOY,PEACE that surpasses ALL understanding,Comfort,Patience "etc...  AHHH,then you know what the Treasure is    You live in a state of unrest,turmoil,want,,,,,,that does not demonstrate the fruits of the Spirt,not to me it doesnt......

What Jesus cannot do,is MAKE YOU love HIM & yearn for Him above all else,,,,,,& He cannot do it because He Will not do it,it is your choice

I love you & so does my Lord Jesus,,,,,,you must decide WHO you will serve ,you cannot sit on the fence forever,our tomorrows eventually run out & there is no guarantee we will live another minute......God is Long Suffering but I would waste no time                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

I would like to add one more thought about your anger.  By your own words, you covet the goodness non-believers receive in the world, yet we are told not to covet.  In fact, we are told to be content with what we have.

Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have."

I suggest you do a word search on covet and content.