Sight

God cant fix everything.

22 posts in this topic

It sounds like you're assuming because something ISN'T fixed that it CAN'T BE fixed. But that's not logical. That's the same line of false pseudo-logic that atheists use, I.E. If God exists and is all powerful, then he could stop evil, and there is evil, therefore God either must not exist or he must not be all powerful.

This is the problem with the health and wealth gospel. If you just believe strongly enough, if you truly love God, you can just believe and pray your way into (financial and health) prosperity. Following that train of logic, anyone suffering must not believe strongly enough, must not be a true follower of Christ, etc. Poverty and strife have to be looked at as symptoms of sin or unbelief in a person's life.

It reminds me of the blind man that Jesus healed:

"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” -- John 9:1-5

Have you asked God what he might be trying to teach you in your troubled times? Have you asked Him to take away your burdens only on HIS timetable? Have you asked Him to strengthen you and help you endure for as long as He desires? Have you asked Him to use your troubles and suffering to help others in some way, even if you can't see it or understand how until the day you reach heaven? Even when heading to a day of unthinkable suffering and, ultimately, death, Jesus provided the example:

"And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” -- Matthew 26:39

You're all being kind beyond words. I thank you for this.

I'm starting a new thread. This thread topic, upon reflection...is but a bump in my road. I am focusing on the wrong things.

Give me a moment

Edited by Sight