Sight

God cant fix everything.

23 posts in this topic

It sounds like you're assuming because something ISN'T fixed that it CAN'T BE fixed. But that's not logical. That's the same line of false pseudo-logic that atheists use, I.E. If God exists and is all powerful, then he could stop evil, and there is evil, therefore God either must not exist or he must not be all powerful.

This is the problem with the health and wealth gospel. If you just believe strongly enough, if you truly love God, you can just believe and pray your way into (financial and health) prosperity. Following that train of logic, anyone suffering must not believe strongly enough, must not be a true follower of Christ, etc. Poverty and strife have to be looked at as symptoms of sin or unbelief in a person's life.

It reminds me of the blind man that Jesus healed:

"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” -- John 9:1-5

Have you asked God what he might be trying to teach you in your troubled times? Have you asked Him to take away your burdens only on HIS timetable? Have you asked Him to strengthen you and help you endure for as long as He desires? Have you asked Him to use your troubles and suffering to help others in some way, even if you can't see it or understand how until the day you reach heaven? Even when heading to a day of unthinkable suffering and, ultimately, death, Jesus provided the example:

"And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” -- Matthew 26:39

You're all being kind beyond words. I thank you for this.

I'm starting a new thread. This thread topic, upon reflection...is but a bump in my road. I am focusing on the wrong things.

Give me a moment

Edited by Sight

Sight,

I know that you are very frustrated in your faith from your post. You have very low expectations of other Christians and even God. However, you have not carefully read the Bible because the only one who CAN fix everything is God. You are factually correct when you state that you cannot fix your past. When I think about my "unfixable" past, there is much pain, guilt and sin hidden there. But since God stands outside of time, He is able to go to  my past, highlight what needs to be dealt with, and by His Holy Spirit, show me what I need to repent of....forgive...allow Him to heal.

If the past stayed in the past, none of us would have problems. But the secret is, that when we sinned in the past; made mistakes; issued wrong judgements, we scarred our souls and those scars stay put until we allow God to deal with them....even if it's 50 years later. So, as we proceed through life, we carry an increasing burden of pain, guilt, etc. because "time does NOT heal all wounds". That is not in the Bible.

If we come to God, generally with someone to help us, and "go back" in time by allowing God to deal with our hurtful past, He does a healing work of grace. He "fixes" the past by healing the pain of the lies we believed; forgiving the sins we committed; illustrating to us exactly where He was during those times. Because the one thing God CANNOT do, according to Scripture, is lie. Since God is sovereign, and since He loves us so much, He has the capacity and willingness to heal our past. No, He does not allow us to change it; but I have watched many people in a prayer/healing session, be freed of years of pain, sorrow and guilt by allowing God to take their burdens from them.

I do not disagree that you are angry and in very much pain as a result of your past. Your pain is manifesting in the present and it is warping your present to the point even you admit you could fall away. There is no need for that. Finding someone to pray with you who knows how to take you through a healing session would provide you with so much peace.

I will pray for you and hope that the Holy Spirit leads you to a place of peace and healing.