Kerry to attend Mideast peace conference in Paris

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Secretary of State John Kerry will attend a Middle East peace conference in Paris on Sunday, in a move likely to dismay an already angry Israel.

Neither Israel nor the Palestinian leadership will attend the talks, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said the meeting will only widen the gaps between Israel and the Palestinians.

Just weeks after the UN Security Council voted to condemn Israeli settlement building, the talks are meant to underline global support for a two-state peace deal. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, WorthyNewsBot said:

Secretary of State John Kerry will attend a Middle East peace conference in Paris on Sunday, in a move likely to dismay an already angry Israel.

Since Obama and Kerry are already finished, Kerry should be packing up his bags and moving on.  However, he wants to take another parting shot at Israel (which will mean absolutely nothing).  A waste of taxpayer money.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I don't know, Ezra.  Kerry may put the frosting on the cake as to why his line of thinking is totally wrong.  That's worth a little extra tax money to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I don't know, Ezra.  Kerry may put the frosting on the cake as to why his line of thinking is totally wrong.  That's worth a little extra tax money to me.

I don't get it, France wants to relaunch Isreal-PA peace talks, without either side being present, instead its a group of 70 reps from different countries, to do what?  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  0

I think the EU wants to replace the US as the #1 broker for world affairs.

Maybe that's why this is timed so awkwardly for the US, just as handover comes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Netanyahu told French President Francois Hollande earlier this month that Israel would not attend the conference, but that he was open to meeting with Abbas “for direct talks without preconditions” if France cancels the summit.

On 1/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, hmbld said:

I don't get it, France wants to relaunch Isreal-PA peace talks, without either side being present, instead its a group of 70 reps from different countries, to do what?  

Sip champagne and feast on French cuisine while the world goes down the drain. These guys are inviting a strike by Israel.

On 1/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, other one said:

Netanyahu told French President Francois Hollande earlier this month that Israel would not attend the conference, but that he was open to meeting with Abbas “for direct talks without preconditions” if France cancels the summit.

Except that Abbas in not the kingpin who will ensure peace. The decisions are made by the Ayatollahs in Iran (with Syrian input), and Hamas and Hezbollah are the ones being controlled.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Let's see now . . . .  attend the meeting on Sunday, then shoot over to Norway to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, then get back here by Thursday so Kerry can be awarded the same medal as Biden did this week from Obama. 

One more week folks, can we hold on that long?    God Bless Israel. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

9 minutes ago, 1x1is1 said:

Let's see now . . . .  attend the meeting on Sunday, then shoot over to Norway to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, then get back here by Thursday so Kerry can be awarded the same medal as Biden did this week from Obama. 

One more week folks, can we hold on that long?    God Bless Israel. 

This is all ceremonial. Smoke and mirrors from an administration collapsing in on itself because of it's own irrelevancy. The world got a taste of liberalism at it's finest  and from Brexit on down have learned how bland the ideal is, in reality. I'm sure President Obama is getting the respect he is from other countries is more due to the country he was supposed to lead, instead of the man he is.  Kerry is his court jestor who is following on his coat tails into the same oblivion his boss is going..

People talk about President Obama staying around leading some sort of movement, but truth be known, President Obama disappointed a lot on the far left and that is what, in my opinion will be running the Democratic party in the future. I don't think President Obama cares about the Democrats more than he does his legacy and that is what he will work to polish up. The political realities of the Trump rebellion will make him more and more irrelevant as those cushy little seats come up for grab in the midterms.