• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Oh OK let me know if you need any help with any of the words. I speak Hebrew and read biblical Hebrew,paleo and ancient hebrew

There must be something very special about the Hebrew language.  It is entirely possible that Adam and God communicated in Hebrew, and Adam named all the animals in Hebrew.  

Although I have a minimal knowledge of Hebrew, I find that the square letters are very beautiful -- artistic. We know that the Bible Code is entirely about how the Hebrew letters in the Torah line up. And the Kabbalists made a big deal about the words and the letters, giving them mystical significance.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

There must be something very special about the Hebrew language.  It is entirely possible that Adam and God communicated in Hebrew, and Adam named all the animals in Hebrew.  

Although I have a minimal knowledge of Hebrew, I find that the square letters are very beautiful -- artistic. We know that the Bible Code is entirely about how the Hebrew letters in the Torah line up. And the Kabbalists made a big deal about the words and the letters, giving them mystical significance.

Adam and God had to communicate in Hebrew it was the original language. The rest weren't created until the tower of babel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, worthy said:

Adam and God had to communicate in Hebrew it was the original language. The rest weren't created until the tower of babel

and how do we know that Hebrew wasn't created their also?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, worthy said:

The reason why the KJV bible translation is the best translation is because some of the newer translations have taken out important verses. Such as the NIV,,RSV,NRSV, & the NCV. You may also want to use a physical bible to see which translations has taken out verses

Hi Worthy - I agree with your thread, that the KJV is the best translation. Just for an eye catcher to accompany your alarm concerning nearly all the modern translations, look at 2 Samuel 21:19. You'll see they read that Elhanan killed Goliath. The translators decided to leave out the phrase "the brother of" because it is not found in any of the extant Hebrew manuscript copies, but the KJV translators included it in order to maintain a correct reading.

The King James translators brilliantly utilized a system that italicized words to let the reader know they were not found in the copies. Their additions are for the purpose of presenting a text that does not contradict itself, i.e. "the brother of" is italicized in 2 Sam 21:19 but there are no italicization in 1 Chronicles 20:5 which correctly records the account concerning Elhanan killing Lahmi the brother of Goliath.

The majority of the modern Bible versions are based on manuscript copies (there are no known original manuscripts) that were recently discovered and are accepted as credible due to their antiquity because they are the oldest copies (only a few codices). But the reason for their good condition and age is due to the fact that they were too inconsistent in containing content found the majority of copies and fell into disuse because they rejected them. Hence if they had an acceptable text they would have undergone the same wear as most, which often required recopying before becoming illegible, and the copiers destroyed many among the majority of copies in order to prevent them from falling into misuse. 

These older manuscripts (Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, Alexdandrinus) have been proclaimed by some of the prominent Bible scholars of the past (Robert D Wilson, William Burgeon, et al.) to be products of scholars who were steeped into Gnosticism, which versions often detract from the deity of Christ, i.e. Ephesians 3:9 omits the phrase "by Jesus Christ."

Translations that contain the plenary (entire) versions of the Word of God in the Greek NT are those based on The Majority Text (KJV, NKJV, YLT, WEB, et al). The errant versions are listed in the Minority Text (nearly all other modern versions, and the NIV just recently began publishing the correct reading in 1 Sam 21:19). When using a concordance for Word searching related to verse locations, etc. the KJV is the best to use because it is the most unchanged version. Since most of the modern versions significantly vary in content to the traditional versions, they cannot be used in a concordance for searches.

I've shared this information with many in the least few decades and have surprisingly discovered only a handful of concerned Christians concerning this because most Christians for a long time now (last 50 years IMO) have discontinued reading and studying the Bible (which, IMO is one of the primary reasons for reading inconsistency. Making it difficult to decide on a translation usually results in indecisiveness and a cessation of study).

Good subject and thanks for starting it!

Edited by Word-Sword

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, other one said:

and how do we know that Hebrew wasn't created their also?

Are you seriously asking for an answer to this question?

5 hours ago, Word-Sword said:

Just for an eye catcher to accompany your alarm concerning nearly all the modern translations

Hi Word-sword,

Thank you for commenting  I just want to clarify that I do not have a problem with nearly all the modern translations just the ones that take out scripture and very important scripture at that.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Bottom line the Holy Spirit must guide each of us in determining which translation of the Bible is best suited for us to read.

God bless,
GE

No truer words ever spoken,imo                                                                                With love-in Christ,Kwik

And how very Blessed are we to have ANY Bible?lol.......I can't imagine squibbling over "what's the best  translation" taking  place somewhere in the middle of Iraq or in any 3rd world country,hard to imagine & I know my Heavenly Father would see to it that His Truth be Revealed through any version or even just parts of it for His children that long for & desire to have a Bible in their hands....perhaps they can read what is Written on their hearts much easier with such a yearning as they must have

29 minutes ago, worthy said:

Are you seriously asking for an answer to this question?

Hi Word-sword,

Thank you for commenting  I just want to clarify that I do not have a problem with nearly all the modern translations just the ones that take out scripture and very important scripture at that.

I understand. But it's helpful to know that nearly all the modern translations use the same manuscripts so they all have the same omissions, hundreds. They also contain transpositions and interpolations.

Blessings!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I really must ask if this thread when outside people read it will hurt the reputation of the Word of God concerning unbelievers.

1 minute ago, other one said:

I really must ask if this thread when outside people read it will hurt the reputation of the Word of God concerning unbelievers.

It's good to have concern about the lost, but the Word of God is protected the same way as a lion--just let it out because it protects itself and will always draw those whom God knows are His!

Blessings

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/17/2017 at 9:48 PM, worthy said:

Adam interacted with God, and Eve.  

Eve interacted with Adam, but not only with Adam. 

I do not know what to make out of this. 

Maybe they knew how to write.