Kindle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

The reason why the KJV bible translation is the best translation is because some of the newer translations have taken out important verses. Such as the NIV,,RSV,NRSV, & the NCV. You may also want to use a physical bible to see which translations has taken out verses

Examples:

Matthew 12:47(KJV)

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

The NIV bible has removed the scripture and put it as a footnote

The RSV has removed the scripture see here 

The NRSV has removed the scripture and put it as a footnote 

Matthew 17:21 (KJV)

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

The NIV has removed the scripture see here

The RSV has removed the scripture see here

The NRSV has removed the scripture see here

The NCV has removed the scripture

Luke 24:40(KJV)

And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

The RSV has removed the scripture see here

The NRSV has removed the scripture and added it as a footnote

John 5:4(KJV)

For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

The NIV has removed the scripture 

The NKJV has removed the scripture and added it as a footnote

The RSV has removed the scripture see here

The NRSV has removed the scripture see here

The NCV has removed the scripture

And this is just a few. Keep in mind it is better to look up the missing verses in a physical bible.

More missing verses

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, worthy said:

And this is just a few. Keep in mind it is better to look up the missing verses in a physical bible.

You're absolutely right. The are at least 66 verses which have been omitted completely, totaling about 700 words.  In addition to that there are about 1,500 alterations which are doctrinally significant.  And according to John William Burgon (who examined just the Gospels themselves and collated them) there are almost 9,000 alterations of various kinds in the modern versions which are based upon a handful of ancient corrupted Greek manuscripts.

The King James Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) has come under attack since the late 19th century.  However, since it is based upon the true Hebrew and Greek texts, Christians have relied upon this faithful translation for over 400 years.  That speaks for itself.  Furthermore, the KJB is recognized as an English "classic", and in fact, the English language has been molded by the KJB.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

The KJV is a good translation. However, it is just one in many good translations available. I personally think the NASB or ESV are better word-for-word translations. Curious, do you also believed the KJV was inspired by the Holy Spirit?

types-of-bible-translations.jpg

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Here are some questions to consider if you are KJV only:

1. What Bible would you recommend since before 1611 there was no "true" Bible?

2. Why do KJV only advocates reject the Apocrypha, since the original 1611 version contained the Apocrypha?

3. Do you realize that the apostle Paul did not use the KJV?

4. If God gave us the KJV as an inspired translation, why would God not repeat the process again in modern language in each language?

5. Why were all the marginal notes and alternate readings removed from modern editions of the KJV, along with the Apocrypha, the opening Dedication to James I, and a lengthy introduction from "The Translators to the Reader."?

6. Why would the translators use book headings like "The Gospel According to Saint Luke" since the Greek merely says "The Gospel According to Luke". Does not this show that the translators were influenced by their contemporary theology and the Catholic false doctrine of "sainthood"?

7. Do KJV only advocates realize that, to point out that all modern translations have some kinds of mistakes is irrelevant, because most people who are not KJV only maintain that all translations have errors and none were translated under the inspired supervision of God?

8. How do you explain the grammatical error in the original 1611 KJV in Isa 6:2 where the translators made a rare grammatical error by using the incorrect plural form of "seraphims" rather than "seraphim"?

9. Why would KJV translators render Gen 15:6 which is quoted in identical Greek form by Paul in Rom 4:3, 9, 22; Gal 3:6, in FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS? Why are they creating distinctions were none exist?

10. WHEN was the KJV "given by inspiration of God" - 1611, or any of the KJV major/minor revisions in 1613, 1629, 1638, 1644, 1664, 1701, 1744, 1762, 1769, and the last one in 1850?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

for word for word translations, the KJV and the NASB I think are the top two, with the ESV coming in right behind them.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

for word for word translations, the KJV and the NASB I think are the top two, with the ESV coming in right behind them.

and not the latest version of the NASB.

Just now, other one said:

and not the latest version of the NASB.

i have not read the latest version, but what is wrong with it?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

i have not read the latest version, but what is wrong with it?

it uses more of the Alexandrian text.

I have a single verse that I test translations with.

John 3:16

John 3:16-17

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
NASB

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
KJV

16 “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.
NIrV

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
NASU

They changed the effects of believing from a conditional Should not or might not as some use to a definite will not or shall not.  it seems to be the Alexandrian Texts that are changing those things,  so I try and avoid those translations.

Still there are some non essential things that none of them translate into english really right.

I know people who believe and are still holding hands with the devil and from everything I read, those people will not make it to be with the sheep.

my NASB says shall not. I dont know what to tell you. perhaps your getting it confused with something else? 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16-19&version=NASB

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Here are some questions to consider if you are KJV only:

1. What Bible would you recommend since before 1611 there was no "true" Bible?

2. Why do KJV only advocates reject the Apocrypha, since the original 1611 version contained the Apocrypha?

3. Do you realize that the apostle Paul did not use the KJV?

4. If God gave us the KJV as an inspired translation, why would God not repeat the process again in modern language in each language?

5. Why were all the marginal notes and alternate readings removed from modern editions of the KJV, along with the Apocrypha, the opening Dedication to James I, and a lengthy introduction from "The Translators to the Reader."?

6. Why would the translators use book headings like "The Gospel According to Saint Luke" since the Greek merely says "The Gospel According to Luke". Does not this show that the translators were influenced by their contemporary theology and the Catholic false doctrine of "sainthood"?

7. Do KJV only advocates realize that, to point out that all modern translations have some kinds of mistakes is irrelevant, because most people who are not KJV only maintain that all translations have errors and none were translated under the inspired supervision of God?

8. How do you explain the grammatical error in the original 1611 KJV in Isa 6:2 where the translators made a rare grammatical error by using the incorrect plural form of "seraphims" rather than "seraphim"?

9. Why would KJV translators render Gen 15:6 which is quoted in identical Greek form by Paul in Rom 4:3, 9, 22; Gal 3:6, in FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS? Why are they creating distinctions were none exist?

10. WHEN was the KJV "given by inspiration of God" - 1611, or any of the KJV major/minor revisions in 1613, 1629, 1638, 1644, 1664, 1701, 1744, 1762, 1769, and the last one in 1850?

One Question  at a time Please

Are you saying that i am a kjv only reader? if so that's not true notice the title says why the KJV is one of the best translations 

answer to question 2 I don't reject the apocrypha at all I actually read it

answer to question 5 I  read the KJV 1611 version which is the original

answer to question 1 I recommend reading the hebrew

answer to question 10 suggest  you read the original version of course 

answer to question 3 what does that have to do with me pointing out the scripture the took out in the newer translations 

I dont understand question 4 or 9 maybe you could rephrase them

answer to question 6 the KJV bible  is not recognized  by the Catholic church

Edited by worthy