• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

my NASB says shall not. I dont know what to tell you. perhaps your getting it confused with something else? 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16-19&version=NASB

You have the 1995 version, I use the 1977.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

my NASB says shall not. I dont know what to tell you. perhaps your getting it confused with something else? 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16-19&version=NASB

My hard copy NASB i bought in 2006  says  "shall not"  too.   

The first time i went to buy a bible, i did not know i would have to spend that much time to research which one i would be taking home.  I ended up with the NASB.  I am currently reading the KJV hard copy, but online biblegateway is great as you can compare versions quickly.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Here are some questions to consider if you are KJV only:

Here are some straw man arguments.  So let's deal with them.

1. What Bible would you recommend since before 1611 there was no "true" Bible?

There were actually several English translations between 1,400 (Wycliffe) and 1600 (KJV) including that of Tyndale.  They were all deemed to be acceptable by the KJV translators, whose goal was to make "out of many, one good one" which would be exceptional. Before 1400, the Latin Vulgate prevailed.

2. Why do KJV only advocates reject the Apocrypha, since the original 1611 version contained the Apocrypha?

The KJV translators were careful to note in their Preface that the Apocrypha was not inspired Scripture, but could be read by Christians. They were also careful to clearly identify it as the Apocrypha and place it between the two Testaments (unlike Catholic Bibles which mix all the books as if they are all Scripture.

3. Do you realize that the apostle Paul did not use the KJV?

Neither did the Lord Jesus Christ. However, the Hebrew Tanakh used by Paul and Christ is faithfully rendered in the KJV Old Testament via the Masoretic Text. Indeed, the Jewish Publication Society (JPS) used the KJV translation as perfectly acceptable for their Hebrew Bible.

7. Do KJV only advocates realize that, to point out that all modern translations have some kinds of mistakes is irrelevant, because most people who are not KJV only maintain that all translations have errors and none were translated under the inspired supervision of God?

Evidently you have no idea about this matter. The underlying texts of the modern English translations are CORRUPT.  So it is not errors, but corruptions that have mutilated modern Bibles.

I won't bother to dignify the other questions with responses.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, other one said:

You have the 1995 version, I use the 1977.

It matters not as long as it says "shall" then I'm happy, and I'll stand by my version.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Oh not this again. :bored-1:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, other one said:

it uses more of the Alexandrian text.

I have a single verse that I test translations with.

John 3:16

They changed the effects of believing from a conditional Should not or might not as some use to a definite will not or shall not.  it seems to be the Alexandrian Texts that are changing those things,  so I try and avoid those translations.

Still there are some non essential things that none of them translate into english really right.

I know people who believe and are still holding hands with the devil and from everything I read, those people will not make it to be with the sheep.

4 hours ago, other one said:

John 3:16-17

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
NASB

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
KJV

16 “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.
NIrV

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
NASU

I read carefully all of the above translations, none of them has departed from the substance of the message in John 3:16. 

All of them say the same thing:

That God and Jesus worked the same plan together, that Jesus was the Son of God, and it was God's will to give Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins. (To die on the Cross).

It says that everyone without Jesus was perissing, 

(Obedience in the Law of Moses, and moral and just living could not bring anyone in right standing with God, ),

(That no one had a Heavenly inheritance apart of Jesus Christ),

They all protrate Jesus as the only Savior of the world. 

All the translation's say something that it was not easily understood, 

(And not only of the people of that time but even today),

That the eternal LIFE that is in Jesus Christ,

(Because Jesus was the only one born with the LIFE of God in him). 

And he remained in the LIFE till his death on the Cross. And after the resurrection he can not in any way disobey God and loose it. 

The LIFE of God in Jesus Christ remains in him forever , he will be eternally one with God, he can never be separated from God. 

They all say that this eternal life which is in Jesus Christ is inputted to anyone who believes Jesus Christ.

(Whether they know it or not),

They also say the same thing and they have not departed from the truth,  

Not only by faith man has the same LIFE in him which is in Jesus Christ, 

And he is one with Jesus Christ, and one with God, because JESUS CHRIST is one with GOD, 

But the greatest news is also that the believer in Jesus Christ, does not need to do anything to maintain the eternal LIFE of Jesus Christ in him, only to continue to believe till the end of his life here on earth. 

That's why a believer in Jesus Christ is not perissing or lost away from God. 

The perfect love of God to sent his Son Jesus to die for us, has removed this fear forever from the believer, let's abide in the love of God, and live our lives free from the fear of Hell. 

Jesus is our peace with God. 

As JESUS is , so we are, ( in Spiritual Standing with the Father. ), 

Jesus has the eternal life, (the eternal life is found in Jesus),

So also we have the eternal life, or the eternal life is found in us. 

Jesus is in Heaven and that's where we belong,  we are co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus Christ, just waiting for the time when we are going to be separated from our eartly bodies at the time of our death. 

For us to die is to be in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST, and the Heavenly FATHER. 

Jesus Christ has die for all, not only for the upright, but also for the sinners. 

And not only for the believers who maintain a ten commandments lifestyle but also for those who believe and do not. 

Or those who believe and partially maintain a ten commandments lifestyle. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

KJV is a good Bible but I do not prefer it. I like the NKJV better.

Guest shiloh357

The KJV is a great version because it preserves aspects of the Greek grammar that is not found in modern translation.    For example.   The words "ye" and "thee" that are seen by many as just archaic words, actually reflect the original Greek.   "Ye"  reflect the plural "you"  and is used exclusively for addressing  a group of people.  "Thee, "thy,"  "thine"  reflect the singular "you"  and these are reflections of the original Greek that has a plural "you" and a singular, "you." 

And the verses that are missing in the modern versions or are included as footnotes are not obscure verses that have no doctrinal content.  Many of them have important information.  I am not a KJV only person, but it is a far better, and in some ways, a superior translation to much of the modern translations, especially the NIV which is dynamic equivalence translation and is some in the Jehovah's Witness cult are turning to the NIV as they feel it  reflects their theology along with their Watch Tower translation.   I had a JW come to my door and he had an NIV with him along with Watchtower literature.

8 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

It matters not as long as it says "shall" then I'm happy, and I'll stand by my version.

OK with me as long as you understand that is not what the original Greek says.

6 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I read carefully all of the above translations, none of them has departed from the substance of the message in John 3:16. 

All of them say the same thing:

That God and Jesus worked the same plan together, that Jesus was the Son of God, and it was God's will to give Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins. (To die on the Cross).

It says that everyone without Jesus was perissing, 

(Obedience in the Law of Moses, and moral and just living could not bring anyone in right standing with God, ),

(That no one had a Heavenly inheritance apart of Jesus Christ),

They all protrate Jesus as the only Savior of the world. 

All the translation's say something that it was not easily understood, 

(And not only of the people of that time but even today),

That the eternal LIFE that is in Jesus Christ,

(Because Jesus was the only one born with the LIFE of God in him). 

And he remained in the LIFE till his death on the Cross. And after the resurrection he can not in any way disobey God and loose it. 

The LIFE of God in Jesus Christ remains in him forever , he will be eternally one with God, he can never be separated from God. 

They all say that this eternal life which is in Jesus Christ is inputted to anyone who believes Jesus Christ.

(Whether they know it or not),

They also say the same thing and they have not departed from the truth,  

Not only by faith man has the same LIFE in him which is in Jesus Christ, 

And he is one with Jesus Christ, and one with God, because JESUS CHRIST is one with GOD, 

But the greatest news is also that the believer in Jesus Christ, does not need to do anything to maintain the eternal LIFE of Jesus Christ in him, only to continue to believe till the end of his life here on earth. 

That's why a believer in Jesus Christ is not perissing or lost away from God. 

The perfect love of God to sent his Son Jesus to die for us, has removed this fear forever from the believer, let's abide in the love of God, and live our lives free from the fear of Hell. 

Jesus is our peace with God. 

As JESUS is , so we are, ( in Spiritual Standing with the Father. ), 

Jesus has the eternal life, (the eternal life is found in Jesus),

So also we have the eternal life, or the eternal life is found in us. 

Jesus is in Heaven and that's where we belong,  we are co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus Christ, just waiting for the time when we are going to be separated from our eartly bodies at the time of our death. 

For us to die is to be in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST, and the Heavenly FATHER. 

Jesus Christ has die for all, not only for the upright, but also for the sinners. 

And not only for the believers who maintain a ten commandments lifestyle but also for those who believe and do not. 

Or those who believe and partially maintain a ten commandments lifestyle. 

I would disagree for other places on the Word shows where people who believe do not make to heaven. Leaving the out that possibility in John 3:16 will just confuse some people.

Edited by other one