• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Would like to feel he did ascend to Heaven, but no one is there but the Father, son and angels (looking for exact passage, but merely finding a variety of them just talking about God, jesus and angels there ...in a variety of example.  Never a mention of a person).  

Eileen,

I am not sure who has been influencing your thoughts regarding this important subject, but it seems that you are uncertain about the whole matter.

Scripture is very clear that within the New Jerusalem (which is presently in Heaven) the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit, are present along with (a) the holy angels, (b) the Old Testament saints, and (c) the Church (New Testament saints.  

So Stephen went to Heaven upon his death, while his body remained on earth in his grave and "slept.  

Please note the present tense in this passage (given by Divine revelation) from Hebrews 12:22-24:

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

So if we take this passage and reorganize it, here is what we have:

1. the heavenly Jerusalem

2. God the Judge of all

3. Jesus the mediator of the new covenant

4. an innumerable company of angels

5. the spirits of just men made perfect (OT saints)

6. the general assembly and church of the firstborn (NT saints)

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Giller said:

I believe it is referring to the whole man, body , soul and spirit.

Yes, I do too?

Let me explain.

Thoughts come from the heart, which is in man's inner being, which points to man's spirit , which can be proven by scripture all by it self.

The heart is the center of man's spiritual being.

So love God with all your heart, and all your soul.

I see what your saying. In ancient times the "heart" was the seat of emotions.

The soul you could say is the place were the mind the will and the emotions are, and the soul is what makes you an individual.

In my own words and analysis, the soul is us - our essence. 

Now what is in the heart, goes to the mind, which is in the soul.

So love God will all your heart , mind and soul, and then we get to strength.

Love God with all your strength can refer to spiritual strength, but also can refer to physical strength.

So some might say that to love God with all your strength, is to love God with every fiber of your being.

But nevertheless, you can see all three aspects here, body , soul and spirit.

Yes, I agree there are 3 parts to making up a whole - us - and to love God with all 3, as opposed to 2 or 1 - a total commitment.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 16 January 2017 at 7:34 AM, Giller said:

Well I found what you said here interesting, and here are a few interesting scriptures.

Pro 15:13
(13)  A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

There are no doubt feelings in the heart, but also there are feelings in the soul.

Pro 2:10
(10)  When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;

Psa 119:28
(28)  My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

And here is another interesting scripture.

Deu 11:18

(18)  Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

We must lay up his words in our heart and also in our soul.

In the heart the center of the spirit, and in our soul (the mind of the soul).

They are great verses aren't they?

It brought to mind also Proverbs 31 v 11: 

The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.