ruck1b

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Its weird to think about how complex we are as humans. We look towards the Heavens waiting for that perfect unity with God and one another...or do we? I find myself wondering a lot of things and this question is one of them.  Its sometimes difficult to reconcile the basic disregard we have for one another on earth with the idea of unity later. I  wonder   where this disregard for one another goes once this life is over.

Its funny when Mary used her perfume on Jesus and the issue of the poor came up Jesus said...."the poor will always be with you".  The sad part is we are completely fine with that. We see the brokenness of this world and basically say theres nothing we can do about it.... but one day.  

I wonder when that one day comes if we will forget the injustices that plagued us here? I wonder if we will look back and be ashamed of ourselves for our lack of effort to see heaven realized. I personally dont believe that is a lofty goal if we simply love God and others...even through contentions. 

Yes this world is broken, yes we look forward to the day when our unity will be perfect. But what prevents us who have that hope to live in that manner now?  We say things like I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I pray that he strengthens us to live as he always intended for us. 

Edited by ruck1b

Guest bonnieschamberger

I can feel how inspired this post is...thank you for posting this...I dont think it is a lofty goal either.I just really really love this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 hours ago, ruck1b said:

Its weird to think about how complex we are as humans. We look towards the Heavens waiting for that perfect unity with God and one another...or do we? I find myself wondering a lot of things and this question is one of them.  Its sometimes difficult to reconcile the basic disregard we have for one another on earth with the idea of unity later. I  wonder   where this disregard for one another goes once this life is over.

Its funny when Mary used her perfume on Jesus and the issue of the poor came up Jesus said...."the poor will always be with you".  The sad part is we are completely fine with that. We see the brokenness of this world and basically say theres nothing we can do about it.... but one day.  

I wonder when that one day comes if we will forget the injustices that plagued us here? I wonder if we will look back and be ashamed of ourselves for our lack of effort to see heaven realized. I personally dont believe that is a lofty goal if we simply love God and others...even through contentions. 

Yes this world is broken, yes we look forward to the day when our unity will be perfect. But what prevents us who have that hope to live in that manner now?  We say things like I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. I pray that he strengthens us to live as he always intended for us. 

Perhaps Matthew 10 helps to make  it clearer, if not easier. With it's concluding thoughts there is the declaration from our Lord and savior Jesus, "Do not think that I have  come to bring  peace to the  earth"....

He didnt come at that moment to bring peace.  However, that does not excuse those of us who believe to as best we can live peaceably with all men now.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

“The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field,  but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away.  So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also.  And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’  He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’  But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them.  Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

I fail to understand what you are disputing. 

Can you elaborate.

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

I can only speak for myself, but I realize some time ago that the only person that needs helping, is myself.

It is through perfecting oneself, in Christ image that I heal the world, I belong to.

That 'world' is my relationship with Jesus and my Lord and Father.

There truly is no other 'partnership' than that one.

How we view our world, relies on that relationship.

If we see the world as distant, aloof and uncaring, then perhaps that is because we see our relationship with God (and hence his creation, our Earth) the exact same way.

The closer we become to the Holy Spirit, the more tangible and direct our relationship with our fellow man becomes until all signs of inequality vanish.  As if the nightmare ends, when we finally see the Light of God.

Psalm 103:2-4

NIV
Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. 

I totally understand what you are saying here, but I think we are talking about two different things.  

Just now, eileenhat said:

You are talking about the poor.

Yes, I can give them a handout and do when I feel to do so.

That does not change circumstances that they have set in motion.

Only God can intervene at that level and is.

We pray for those that suffer and then get on with our lives, that also contains suffering, just not so much on the outside, as them.

We suffer for them internally, while they form addictions and co-dependencies on social benefits, etc.

No, I'm not talking about the poor.  I used it as an example. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 1/13/2017 at 5:27 AM, ruck1b said:

Disregard for one another is due to the fact that you and I have a sin nature. While we may know Jesus Christ as our Savior we still battle the sin nature that is in us. That battle will continually be fought until we are in heaven with the Lord. Once we are in the presence of the Lord sin will no longer have a hold on us and we will be made completely perfect in Christ. "No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. (Revelation 22:3)." So once in heaven because sin will no longer exist we will not disregard anyone anymore. Sin will be gone.

While there may be nothing we can do sin we can surely go out and tell others about Christ. That is our responsibility and a commandment by Jesus to do so (Matthew 28:19). So yes while we long for heaven we still have work to do here for the Lord. 

Because sin will not longer be present in heaven pain and suffering will be gone as well. "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. (Revelation 21:4)". We will not look back and be ashamed because we will be looking to Christ instead. This world will no longer be remembered. 

Sin causes us to fall. We fight it on a daily basis. We have to put Christ first and strive to live for Him. When we do fall we repent and turn from that sin.