• Days Won:  3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I saw this on the news.  It would be hard to 'accidentally' make soles with swastikas.  I believe it was just a very poor marketing decision though, not some kind of conspiracy.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I saw this on the news.  It would be hard to 'accidentally' make soles with swastikas.  I believe it was just a very poor marketing decision though, not some kind of conspiracy.

Um.. I didn't mention conspiracy MG.

It wasn't an accident but marketing ploy in my opinion.

You know the drill - even negative press is good publicity - all you have to say is - "I didn't mean to offend.  Apologies".....sincere or not, the public accepts it.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

11 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Um.. I didn't mention conspiracy MG.

It wasn't an accident but marketing ploy in my opinion.

You know the drill - even negative press is good publicity - all you have to say is - "I didn't mean to offend.  Apologies".....sincere or not, the public accepts it.

I know YOU didn't mention conspiracy, HF.  But believe me, it will be jumped on by the fringes as a conspiracy to advance Neo-Nazism.  And if they can find a way to tie it to Trump, they will. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, HisFirst said:

That was a bold try on the part of the manufacturer. Maybe they figured no one would notice because they don't look back to see the tracks they've left behind.

It's a shame the reputation Hitler condemned this symbol to for all time. It existed long ages prior to the Reich. Now its image is sullied because of a psychopath and his twisted vision. Shame.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

these things were made in China...    the Bön faith of Tibet, as well as Chinese Taoism, can also be traced to Buddhist influence.

The manufacturers there may well have considered for good.   Sometimes thing in international business just doesn't transfer well.....    We had a product at Xerox that was produced in Japan and the prefix on each serial number was FU2----    created us all kinds of problems when people turned in service calls for that serial number was the first thing asked after the person's name calling.    Then again when your printer isn't working and you can't get your work out, sometimes they put a lot of emphasis on that part....

If I had the boots I would just sand of that part of the rubber if the boots were good.

5 hours ago, other one said:

these things were made in China...    the Bön faith of Tibet, as well as Chinese Taoism, can also be traced to Buddhist influence.

The manufacturers there may well have considered for good.   Sometimes thing in international business just doesn't transfer well.....    We had a product at Xerox that was produced in Japan and the prefix on each serial number was FU2----    created us all kinds of problems when people turned in service calls for that serial number was the first thing asked after the person's name calling.    Then again when your printer isn't working and you can't get your work out, sometimes they put a lot of emphasis on that part....

If I had the boots I would just sand of that part of the rubber if the boots were good.

Great point.

I wouldn't sand them,I'd print off a tiny condensed explanation of the 12,000 year history by having a URL listed.This way anyone bold enough to confront me about the tracks I leave behind can occupy themselves on their smart phone getting an education as to why not to care about what's on my feet.

The truth about the history of what is today called a Swastika isn't superseded by an insane German . And he shouldn't be permitted to have stolen that symbol that he corrupted even in its design so as to revoke the actual history of the symbol itself. That gives Hitler and his Reich far too much power than they already have having marked history with the evil that is irrevocable in their actions. While the history of the well being symbol should not be overshadowed by such evil.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/symbol-swastika-and-its-12000-year-old-history-001312

Not everywhere. And not everyone agrees. Some intend to defeat the Nazi influence on culture long after Nazi's were extinguished by recognizing the Hitler Swastika is backward. Therefore, the traditional symbol and its history isn't overshadowed by a psychopath. Some won't let Hitler corrupt history or make an ancient symbol his victim by giving his abomination power now. 

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27

3 hours ago, Davida said:

This I've known for almost 30 yrs and it doesn't matter imo. The fact remains. 

I agree.

While there are still survivors of Hitlers atrocities committed under that symbol, it's highly direspectful.

The marketing team were testing the waters to see how far they could go I'd say.

Edited by HisFirst