creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I read a story in today's online newspaper. Basically a mother of 5 is complaining about the lack of help she received from the government to house her and the 1 child that lives with he(the rest are at different homes).

In the comments to said video there are 2 basic perspectives.

1)why do these women expect to get lots of kids and then expect to be given handouts.they should practice family planning.

2)Women like thisdon't set out to be on said ssituation and are often victims of circumstance.

I rgink both make sense, but still am torn. Many situations like this pop up  and they often follow a similar pattern-Often woman with sometimes up to 10 kids from often multiple fathers begging for help financially in an age where contraception and family planning strategies  is readily available.  u don't want tthem to suffer but neither do u want to encourage the behaviour. What do u think

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Logic is fallible due to incomplete information, therefore my opinion is not only useless but dangerous.

I work to minister Christ unto those I come into contact with and teach them the basic principle of how seeking first the kingdom of heaven causes God to add all you need unto you.

Our father Abraham knocked up a woman then allowed his wife Sarah to throw her out to become homeless.  God took care of her and her child.  Should I be offended in God? God forbid.  God is love.  He gives to the unthankful.  God is love he saves sinners from death by sacrificing his own Son.  

Hurting them is to feed them and there children food while not ministering to them Christ and instruction on seeking the kingdom that they might have all they need provided them always.

And God forbid you deny them if they are his for what you have done to the 'least' of his you have done unto them.  This was said by him who said give to all who ask of you and not to turn away those who would borrow.  

Ultimately we need to have our senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Guest BacKaran

I can say this having been there... Fortunately I learned after my first sin.....

Fool me once with love, shame on you

Fool me twice with it, and I'm just stupid.....

Why women make the same sinful sin as I did and then they still continue to have kids with out a marriage is beyond me.

On welfare, You get only so much for the first kid, less with each one and if you can't afford them, give them up so they can live a good life. 

But MN is a Democrat state which will keep on paying you from my taxes no matter how many kids you have and how long you're on welfare. It's outrageous.

I knew a woman who went on to have five kids, one abortion and is still on the welfare system at age 58... Unbelievable..... She had a chance to become a trained sewing employee way back when but she gave her $700 grant to a boyfriend so he could get a car!

I left  that friendship after she had an abortion cuz that another boyfriend turned out to be married!

I pray for those who like me, fell in love only to have the guy dump me even after he asked me to marry him....

God knew better and I give thanks and praise to Him for working the threads of life's quilt for me to meet my hubby, get married, he asked my son and we had a daughter and a great marriage until he passed on.

I was on welfare for four years before I got a job and off it, got my own apt and paid taxes. I don't understand how women can cheat on welfare and get away with it... It's just tragic.

OK, rant over.....

Welfare is meant to be a one time help, not a life long lifestyle of dependency on the state and peoples taxes.

OK, I'm done... Really....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I read a story in today's online newspaper. Basically a mother of 5 is complaining about the lack of help she received from the government to house her and the 1 child that lives with he(the rest are at different homes).

1)why do these women expect to get lots of kids and then expect to be given handouts.they should practice family planning.

2)Women like thisdon't set out to be on said ssituation and are often victims of circumstance.

I rgink both make sense, but still am torn. Many situations like this pop up  and they often follow a similar pattern-Often woman with sometimes up to 10 kids from often multiple fathers begging for help financially in an age where contraception and family planning strategies  is readily available.  u don't want tthem to suffer but neither do u want to encourage the behaviour. What do u think

We do not have the whole picture here. God does. Are we in the position to judge?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

How do u define judge in said situation.that word taken out of context alot

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/14/2017 at 11:52 AM, creativemechanic said:

There are no easy answers to this kind of mess.  The problem is that for decades, the politicians have allowed (and encouraged) these scenarios instead of trying to resolve serious social issues. They have deliberately created the Welfare State, while the universities and general culture have promoted the myth that everyone is a victim. Therefore there would have to be a MASSIVE OVERHAUL of the entire welfare system and the concept of entitlements.

There is no doubt that there are some genuinely handicapped or disadvantaged people who need to be given full assistance.  But there is also no doubt that the system has encouraged people to demand handouts instead of a hand up in order to become productive citizens holding down meaningful jobs. So there would need to be a "re-education" of all those who cling to the Welfare State.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91

While you have a spirit of dishonesty amongst mankind you can't get a system that will both help people who need it and not allow those who don't to take advantage. Besides, what would the criteria be?

I do appreciate what the OP says but it is difficult.

Also the only people who could change things seem unwilling to do so.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On January 14, 2017 at 0:52 PM, creativemechanic said:

I read a story in today's online newspaper. Basically a mother of 5 is complaining about the lack of help she received from the government to house her and the 1 child that lives with her (the rest are at different homes).

1) Why do these women expect to get lots of kids and then expect to be given handouts? They should practice family planning.

2) Women like this don't set out to be on said situation and are often victims of circumstance.

I think both make sense, but still am torn. Many situations like this pop up and they often follow a similar pattern-Often woman with sometimes up to 10 kids from often multiple fathers begging for help financially in an age where contraception and family planning strategies are readily available.  U don't want them to suffer but neither do u want to encourage the behavior. What do u think?

We worked with and among lower income folks with a community outreach for over 5 years. We lived in a bad part of town and were around these kind of situations all the time. I believe there's a certain amount of children women can have and receive government aid. Why do women expect to be given handouts? Because they know they can. Many of these women grow up with single mothers and there are multi-generational challenges where they're taught how to live off the system. 

Yet we don't know the family situation. She may have had an abusive spouse or boyfriend. 

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, SimonB said:

Besides, what would the criteria be?

The criteria are rather simple. It's the application of simple criteria that is difficult.