• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

No just because it is a Church is not a reason for me to attend. The Church has to line up with my belief. I have a daily relationship with God and I study His Word. It is not a salvation issue to attend a Church. I have attended all kind of denominations to experience them. My SIL was Catholic and I attended several masses with her and the Catholic Church is not my cup of tea.

As long as God is number one in your life and He is in the drivers seat and you are a born again Christian with the Holy Spirit within you to guide you then attending a Church is not a big deal. Especially if it is a Church of Laodicea like in the book of Revelation that was in danger of being lukewarm. The old saying " Just because a person sleeps in a garage does not make them a car" goes for a person who attends Church. That does not make them a Christian.

Hi Miss,

How about Hebrew 10:25?

Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

We  do need Christian fellowship and need to get along with everybody, God knows what is good for us, to Praise Him and worship Him together :) 

Don't you miss fellowshipping with other Christians?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Those are the very legalistic Churches and I am not into legalism. :mellow:I do feel that women should dress respectfully when they go to worship God and that does not mean having half of their body showing. Most people would disagree with that.

How could anyone disagree with that!!!

I think a woman should dress like that all the time.

Fran

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hi Miss,

How about Hebrew 10:25?

We  do need Christian fellowship and need to get along with everybody, God knows what is good for us, to Praise Him and worship Him together :) 

Don't you miss fellowshipping with other Christians?

Attending Church is a personal preference. There are many who can not attend a Church due to a disability.

Answer: Salvation is found in Christ. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). God gave His Son so that we may have eternal life, thus destroying our need to perform good works, including going to church, to go to heaven. Eternal life is attained by faith alone in Christ alone. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12). Those who believe in Christ, who have accepted His sacrifice in payment of their sins, will spend eternity in heaven. Those who reject Him will not.

No amount of church attendance will earn eternity in heaven. No lack of church attendance will result in the loss of salvation.

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-heaven.html

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Answer: Salvation is found in Christ. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). God gave His Son so that we may have eternal life, thus destroying our need to perform good works, including going to church, to go to heaven. Eternal life is attained by faith alone in Christ alone. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12). Those who believe in Christ, who have accepted His sacrifice in payment of their sins, will spend eternity in heaven. Those who reject Him will not.

No amount of church attendance will earn eternity in heaven. No lack of church attendance will result in the loss of salvation.

Hi miss Muffett, I believe you need fellowship in the flesh with another Christian.

Go to church, go to a home study group, or just go to Sunday school, but interaction with people in the flesh edifies more than any other way.

I bet if you advertised on a billboard on the highway asking for Christian fellowship, you'd get a thousand replies.

There are so many people out there that want it.

Go ahead, take the first step and believe God to lead you to the right person/people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

Hi miss Muffett, I believe you need fellowship in the flesh with another Christian.

Go to church, go to a home study group, or just go to Sunday school, but interaction with people in the flesh edifies more than any other way.

I bet if you advertised on a billboard on the highway asking for Christian fellowship, you'd get a thousand replies.

There are so many people out there that want it.

Go ahead, take the first step and believe God to lead you to the right person/people.

I have a Christian friend I meet once a month and we pray together. I do not think it is a priority for me to go to Church. Some people panic if they miss a day of Church. I knew a couple who sat in the front row of Church everyday. Never missed. On the way home from Church their life turned back into a hell with abuse from the father.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I have a Christian friend I meet once a month and we pray together. I do not think it is a priority for me to go to Church. Some people panic if they miss a day of Church. I knew a couple who sat in the front row of Church everyday. Never missed. On the way home from Church their life turned back into a hell with abuse from the father.

You have a friend you meet with.

That's what counts.

Amen.

And you Fran, I'm gonna put you on the spot here in front of everyone.

You promised me you'd try to start praying regularly with your daughter.

Are you doing that?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

17 minutes ago, White Rabbitt said:

And you Fran, I'm gonna put you on the spot here in front of everyone.

You promised me you'd try to start praying regularly with your daughter.

Are you doing that?

We did it once.  Then never again.  Things happened.  They went away for a week and when they got back they couldn't go home because they had no water.  It had frozen.  So they stayed here with us for another week.  

I'm embarrased to say that I forgot.  It's a good idea though.  Will have to pick up on that again.  

I do pray a lot with Elena.  She always asks me if I prayed for her and if Jesus told me anything.  We also pray together many times, even just out of the blue.

Remind me again during the week...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings White Rabbit

I read your OP & I can't compare myself to a spider ,basically a spider is a predator and he builds his web to trap his prey......so I don't know why this little fellow came into the church & why he thought there may be some tastey morsels about but I hope he decided to stay & since he had no more web maybe he could see if there was something more nourishing to Receive.......if only he could realize he needn't work very hard or put all his efforts into building a new web,the food is FREELY inside,if only he would stop trying to be a spider & do what comes naturally........................?               With love-in Christ,Kwik

15 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings White Rabbit

I read your OP & I can't compare myself to a spider ,basically a spider is a predator and he builds his web to trap his prey......so I don't know why this little fellow came into the church & why he thought there may be some tastey morsels about but I hope he decided to stay & since he had no more web maybe he could see if there was something more nourishing to Receive.......if only he could realize he needn't work very hard or put all his efforts into building a new web,the food is FREELY inside,if only he would stop trying to be a spider & do what comes naturally........................?               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Interesting,this does make one think.

Here also is an interesting thing.

I gave examples of what the web could be but never said what it actually was.

That was left up to the reader.

But it seems everyone thinks this church is a place of worship.

That's what we think of when we say this.

How about this?

YMCA

Young Men's Christian Association

Here is a church organization that does not hold church services.

How many church organizations are there that fall into this category?

With this in mind, does it change the way you think about the OP?

Will your answers now be different?

Edited by White Rabbitt