• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, other one said:

I think we need to understand the outcome of it all to understand that.

Put some meat on that Oo, only bones, have some pity on us. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I don't know about testing as much as I understanding about trials and tribulations. I look at this in the manner of the ability to grow as a human being and a Christian by going through adversity and the learning experience from that being used to support others who may just be going through or about to be going through what you just did. God knows our strengths and our weaknesses and is constantly wishing us to overcoming those weaknesses and extend those strengths, so that we can better serve him by being there to lend a comforting hand and a warm smile for those who are no so sure of themselves.

We are all, hopefully after the same goal and that is to prepare others for the times to come and the more prepared we are the better we are at helping other to prepare themselves. We can't pack their bags, but we can ease the burden on them and that takes experiences of our own.  I chose to look at Job in that respect. I just wonder how many poeple Job touched throughout the rest of his life, but I know from his experiences he had the potential to touch hundreds. How many have gone through what he did and came out well tanned in the word of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

11 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Do you think that men  go through similar testing in this life here today ?.   Would God allow such testing of faith to a present day christian or are we blessed by our father and he would not permit such harsh trials today ?

What was God main purpose of allowing this to happen and to demonstrate what exactly ?.  It seems like a very harsh thing for a servant of God to endure, even with his [ JOB ]perfect and upright status with God.

If you go to YouTube and search: "Read Scripture Series: Job" posted by The Bible Project, you will find what I thought was a very well explained presentation on Job.

What stood out to me from their conclusion was that the main focus of the book was a teaching on God's justice. While the wisdom of the ages tried to make sense out of Job's suffering, the only answer God gave was, "Who are you to judge My ways?" 

Do we go through testing? Do we go through harsh trials? I believe the Epistles have a fair deal to say about the fact that we do - and how we should regard them. [Goodness, look at what the Apostles went through!]

Look, I hate suffering and trials as much as anyone, but I can see how the suffering from my past has worked out for my good. I can see how they've improved my character. And I really hope that what I'm going through now has a similar type of result!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I have always said that the Book of Job and the actions within it was an object lesson for the Angels that followed Satan....   showing them that humans can follow the Lord and not listen to the devil.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, don’t be astonished at the fiery trial which has come upon you, to test you, as though a strange thing happened to you. 1Pe 4:13  But because you are partakers of Christ’s sufferings, rejoice; that at the revelation of his glory you also may rejoice with exceeding joy. 1Pe 4:14  If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed; because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. On their part he is blasphemed, but on your part he is glorified.

1Pe 1:6  Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been put to grief in various trials, 1Pe 1:7  that the proof of your faith, which is more precious than gold that perishes even though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ—

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, Jas 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  Jas 1:4  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Mat 5:10  Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Mat 5:11  “Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

It seems that it is normal for Christians to endure trials.  We may not go through everything Job went through but some of us have felt like it.  We go through the grief of losing loved ones.  We go through illness of various kinds.  We go through the rejection of people we love for Christ's sake.  God gives us grace to endure, but sometimes it didn't feel that way.  A common cold can make you feel like Job, let alone the flu.  For some of us these common respiratory infections can be life threatening.  But it is nothing to being threatened with beheading if we don't renounce our faith, and watching our family and friends die.

It makes me wonder if a person is a genuine Christian if they have not endured trials.  It is the human condition.  But it is also the mark of a true believer to have our faith tested.  Those who endure and are more solid in faith after trials have been tested by God and have developed patient endurance.  Our trials have differed, but they were putting a finger on a sore spot, a weakness or a fear, and they were tailor made for each of us.  Sometimes it seems like we go through the same thing over and over and we ask God to please help us learn the lesson.  Jesus was tempted by satan when he was in the wilderness.  They were tailor made for Him.  We are told that He was tempted in all ways as we are, yet without sin.  Often the words trial and temptation are interchangeable .  peirasmós  Satan may tempt us during a trial that was sent by God to establish us and show us to be faithful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, other one said:

Tomorrow morning go outside and look around.....    see the things that are there and realize just what that verse means...

Sorry other one, can you please elaborate? 

If I just go outside and look with my eyes, I see trees and the sun, birds, powerlines, cars, and people walking past. Everything looks fine.  But if I look into the scriptures and study major events that happened in the past, I can see with my understanding a lot of dualities in events, the same happening today but on a modern day scale.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Sister said:

Sorry other one, can you please elaborate? 

If I just go outside and look with my eyes, I see trees and the sun, birds, powerlines, cars, and people walking past. Everything looks fine.  But if I look into the scriptures and study major events that happened in the past, I can see with my understanding a lot of dualities in events, the same happening today but on a modern day scale.

Oh I guess that is one way to look at it......   but not the only one...  especially if one looks to evolution and thinks that the pre flood people had not progressed past being sheep herders.   I do believe that goes far beyond that Sister..    and we have a ways to go before we reach the peak of the way the world was preflood, both spiritually and physically.  But we will get there before the end comes.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:38 AM, nebula said:

If you go to YouTube and search: "Read Scripture Series: Job" posted by The Bible Project, you will find what I thought was a very well explained presentation on Job.

What stood out to me from their conclusion was that the main focus of the book was a teaching on God's justice. While the wisdom of the ages tried to make sense out of Job's suffering, the only answer God gave was, "Who are you to judge My ways?" 

Do we go through testing? Do we go through harsh trials? I believe the Epistles have a fair deal to say about the fact that we do - and how we should regard them. [Goodness, look at what the Apostles went through!]

Look, I hate suffering and trials as much as anyone, but I can see how the suffering from my past has worked out for my good. I can see how they've improved my character. And I really hope that what I'm going through now has a similar type of result!

Praying for ya Neb... Love, Steven

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 1/16/2017 at 7:49 PM, BacKaran said:

Jobs question was never answered by God.

The question should be...

Why wouldn't God allow us trials?

Alright then, fair enough.  But JOB lost all his offspring's, never mind his wealth, but his flesh and blood in this terrible ordeal.  Must be a lesson learned in that tragic loss.  Is it maybe God is saying, I am who I am full stop.