IGNORED

THE BOOK OF JOB, WHY ?

warrior12

Guest BacKaran

I saw a man in a video who was singing Amazing Grace.

His friends helped him in stage and after he sang, the wasnt a dry eye in the church.

This man was dying of FOP aka stone man syndrome.

His body was turning his flesh into bone and yet here he was praising his Lord by doing the only thing he could do, sing. His friends had to hold him up, like a statute, for him to sing.

I wish I knew his name. I want his spirit of praise to the end, just like him.

Doesn't matter what happens in our lives or why, we are too praise God in all things. As Paul said..I am content... Praise God!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Was it not the case that when Satan said what he did to God, it was more to do with Job's faith in God than God doing anything other than rewarding Job for his righteousness. If you really look at this Satan challenged Job through God and God permitted Satan to effect  Job's life by removing his protection.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Alright then, fair enough.  But JOB lost all his offspring's, never mind his wealth, but his flesh and blood in this terrible ordeal.  Must be a lesson learned in that tragic loss.  Is it maybe God is saying, I am who I am full stop.

The lesson in Job has not changed since the first sin... God left His image and cursed the creation cause we gave it to the created being lucifer...

1 John 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

the pathway of faith is paved by that which we have not seen, yet believe, because God has said so... all of my hope is in that which passes not away but abides with God forever!
The famous quote by Jim Elliot "He 'IS' no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose".  My response is the well learned lesson of all that I experience, that is unpleasant, is merely the fruit of what I thought was good (sin) and now by experience I know it is 'not'~ no matter the window dressing... Love, Steven

Guest BacKaran

Even so, God didn't let His chosen die, Gods love is amazing.

There is a video of a Christian in Africa who was going to be hung. He cheerfully climbed to the stairs as the rope was placed around his neck... He was smiling and praising God until his last moment in life.

That's how I want to be, smiling, praising God and being a light to all who came to watch a death but in reality this man was going Home.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

There is a video of a Christian in Africa who was going to be hung. He cheerfully climbed to the stairs as the rope was placed around his neck... He was smiling and praising God until his last moment in life.

That's how I want to be, smiling, praising God and being a light to all who came to watch a death but in reality this man was going Home.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)

[11] For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

no matter the way of death here-> This is 'The Life's greatest expereince'

2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV)

[8] We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The greatest gift we have is the presence of The Holy Spirit Who holds the perfect Love of Christ within us ready to be revealed by no fear...
Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Well, that's true, but he did allow Satan to kill his kids...

I've often pondered that.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Was it not the case that when Satan said what he did to God, it was more to do with Job's faith in God than God doing anything other than rewarding Job for his righteousness. If you really look at this Satan challenged Job through God and God permitted Satan to effect  Job's life by removing his protection.

I've always thought of it backwards from that....   Satan challenged God through Job.  If you read that story carefully God himself started it, not Satan.   It was an object lesson for Satan.

Guest BacKaran

And IMO, I'd say Id praise God for giving me my children and husband for the time He did.

As a widow I'm asked by well meaning unsaved friends when will I date and remarry? 

I said why would I remarry when my best friend now is Christ? I'm living my life for Christ. God has brought me from the pagan place to the redeemed where I can joyfully praise God even as death took my husband. Why? I know my husband was saved and why would I wish him back to this sinful world? He's in heaven until we all get raptured and our glorified bodies, oh what a day that will be!

I like Daniels friends who were going to die in the furnace... Our God is mighty to save and yet, even if He doesn't save us, we will not bow down!

That's how I live my life, follow Jesus and praise even though I may suffer for nothing no thing compared to the salvation we have in Christ! ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, other one said:

The losses which Job suffered were extreme in every way.  Not too many Christians will go through wave upon wave of destruction like Job.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, other one said:

I've often pondered that.

I think every or most family today,cherish  their immediate family  above all material wealth and social benefits . Disasters in the many forms, can cause much pain and suffering, but you often hear, thank God my family is ok.   

Hebrews 12King James Version (KJV)

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

These are just stunning words here below.

Job 25King James Version (KJV)

How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.