• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

On 1/15/2017 at 6:52 PM, warrior12 said:

Would God allow such testing of faith to a present day christian

i think God might still test someone like that...i mean not saying i have went through what Job went through...but strange things have happened in my life,like never knowing my mom or dad for one...ill stop there(even though there is much more:)...didnt want to really post this ...i just thought it would be a good example...i have learned in my life not to bring that up...lol...it makes most despise(hate) you most of the time...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, shanee said:

i think God might still test someone like that...i mean not saying i have went through what Job went through...but strange things have happened in my life,like never knowing my mom or dad for one...ill stop there(even though there is much more:)...didnt want to really post this ...i just thought it would be a good example...i have learned in my life not to bring that up...lol...it makes most despise(hate) you most of the time...

Wow, Shanee, that is tough i must admit and difficult to talk about. I have a similar situation too, but not exactly like yours and as tough as it is, i have learned much from the book of JOB and to humble myself before the Lord.   Keep pressing on brother and keep the faith and put on the full armor of God as you go along.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

Wow, Shanee, that is tough i must admit and difficult to talk about. I have a similar situation too, but not exactly like yours and as tough as it is, i have learned much from the book of JOB and to humble myself before the Lord.   Keep pressing on brother and keep the faith and put on the full armor of God as you go along.

its not to hard to talk about...i just have learned from talking about it before, that most people ...whats the best word....despise/hate you when they find this out...im not all the way sure why....but im thinking its because most people always want to feel like they had or are having  the hardest time...thanks for the advice...im 42 now but i think the big picture(God)is finnally coming clear...and i would say the same to you...Seek him diligently,reading or listening to Scripture when and if you can...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/15/2017 at 9:52 PM, warrior12 said:

Would God allow such testing of faith to a present day christian or are we blessed by our father and he would not permit such harsh trials today ?

What was God main purpose of allowing this to happen and to demonstrate what exactly ?.  It seems like a very harsh thing for a servant of God to endure, even with his [ JOB ]perfect and upright status with God.

Dear brother Warrior12,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

In the first place, God does not test the faith of anyone.

God allowed all that in Job's life to teach us a very precious lesson, namely, that prosperity theology is absurd. Unfortunately, to this day people have not yet learned this lesson. If Job was chosen to go through all this fight is because the eternal knew that he was able to be more than conquerors in this challenge.

Moreover, notice how Job did not know the Eternal personally, but only what they told him about Him:

·        “Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.” (Job 42.3-5).

When Job finally had a living encounter with the Eternal, he saw how miserable he was, as well as all life and He lived:

·        “Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42.6).

May Jesus help us to look to Him, instead of paying attention to the struggles He allows us to perfect our character and our way of seeing Him, as well as the things and people around us.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 1/15/2017 at 6:52 PM, warrior12 said:

It seems like a very harsh thing for a servant of God to endure, even with his [ JOB ]perfect and upright status with God.

You have to understand that Satan (the accuser of the brethren) had went to God accusing Job of only serving him because of the great wealth in which he had been given.  God knew that wasn't true about Job as he loved God and served him with his whole heart and not because of his abundant wealth.  Satan wanted to test Job to prove it to God but he couldn't because he had a hedge of protection around him to where Satan couldn't get to him.  God gave Satan permission to test Job and took the hedge of protection away from him.  Thus allowing Satan to test him and said he could do whatever he wanted but he could not take his life.  

Do you think that men go through similar testing in this life here today?

Yes I do.  It tells us in the book of James 1 to "Count it all joy when ye fall into divers (different types) temptations..Knowing this, that the trying (testing) of your faith works patience.  It is Satan that comes to us with all kinds of temptations (testings) trying his best to get us to turn our faith from God.  All through Jobs trials and all that Satan put him through trying to get him to curse God and die he stayed true to him because he loved him.  Job knew as soon as those skin worms ate up his flesh he would see his Creator and Maker face to face.  Job not because of any of his possession but in the place of brokeness chose to keep his faith in God as he said though God slay me yet will I trust him. 

Would God allow such testings of faith to a present day Christian or are we blessed by our Father and he would not permit such harsh trials today?

First it would be beneficial for you to read James chapter one.  As it tells us that every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights.  It tells also that it is not God who tempts us or test us or puts us on trial to see if we will abandon the faith.  It is Satan who does that. 

Yes God will allow Satan to test us it could be through the death of a loved one, it could be the devastation of divorce, it could be murder, through sicknesses and diseases and it could be through many of the vast sufferings that we all know and do go through in this life that happen in this world, as Satan wants us to give up our faith in God and serve him instead through out all the different sufferings and trials we all are faced with on a day to day basis.  

What was God main purpose of allowing this to happen and to demonstrate what exactly?

Satan was accusing Job of serving God only because of his wealth which was not true.  God wanted to demonstrate (show) Satan first hand that his false accusation toward Job was nothing but a lie.  God wanted to prove it without a doubt to Satan that Job was a righteous man and did not serve him only because of his wealth, so God allow Satan to test him.  Satan could do anything he wanted to Job except take his life from him.  In the end Satan was proved a liar as he has been from the beginning.  Sitting with nothing after Satan took all he had from him was wrong about God's servant Job as he said though God slay me yet will I trust him.  The whole time it was Satan putting him on trial for his faith in God all the sufferings he went through was to cause him to turn his back on God.  But in the end of his sufferings God restored to Job double of all that he lost.

It is no different with us today Satan still goes to God accusing the saints before God, and through our sufferings we go through what ever they may be in this life are designed for the soul purpose of getting us to turn from God.  Some people succumb to the various sufferings or testings in life whenever being put on trial by Satan and give up the faith.  Some have turned aside from God just for losing their job as they think it was God being mean to them.  But those that endure to the end shall be saved.   Apostle Paul said of his various trials and sufferings he was having to endure for the sake of the gospel that HIS grace is sufficient and the grace of God is sufficient for all that Satan is doing in our lives to destroy our faith.  But we know that the trying of our faith worketh patience.  The hardest thing for us sometimes is simply waiting on God to bring us through our suffering.  But we have an advocate (lawyer) with the Father and he is proving all the false allegations he has brought against each of us false.