warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

The book of JOB is a truly unique book in the Bible.   It starts of abrupt and direct statement of the man JOB.    "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."

satan and the Lord had a conversation and one can follow by reading the book.   The situation led to that perfect and upright man being traumatized by satan with permission of God, all to test his faithfulness to God.  

Do you think that men  go through similar testing in this life here today ?.   Would God allow such testing of faith to a present day christian or are we blessed by our father and he would not permit such harsh trials today ?

What was God main purpose of allowing this to happen and to demonstrate what exactly ?.  It seems like a very harsh thing for a servant of God to endure, even with his [ JOB ]perfect and upright status with God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It is all about faith. Look how Satan tormented Job with God's permission. God sifted Job. Look how faithful he remained to God even though his wife and friends ridiculed him. But he was Blessed for his faith and given many Blessings in the end.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is all about faith. Look how Satan tormented Job with God's permission. God sifted Job. Look how faithful he remained to God even though his wife and friends ridiculed him. But he was Blessed for his faith and given many Blessings in the end.

Yeh, but do you think that believers [some, one or very few ] may go through these type of trials today or was the book just a lesson or teaching to show believers what God can and may allow in a believer's life .   Would a loving God allow such trials today. Just your opinion and why so.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Yeh, but do you think that believers [some, one or very few ] may go through these type of trials today or was the book just a lesson or teaching to show believers what God can and may allow in a believer's life .   Would a loving God allow such trials today. Just your opinion and why so.

I think a lot of people go through terrific trials. Unbelievers as well as Christians. Why does God allow us to suffer? That Christian debate has been around forever.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think we need to understand the outcome of it all to understand that.

19 hours ago, warrior12 said:

I know the book of Job! In my case I got to repeat some of it at different times in my life

Edited by Guest

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Would a loving God allow such trials to go on in Biblical days?  He did and he does today. 

Those trials serve a purpose.  Sometimes we understand it and sometimes we don't.  But that is moot.

• In the case of Job - it was a far removed purpose that was never explained to him.  Job never knew that God had a conversation with the devil and that God brought up his name and that Job - the mere mortal man - was discussed in the heavenlies.  All Job could eventually do was to repent of the sins God accused him of [chapter 40] and say that God is Sovereign and I am not.
  • An acquaintance of mine once brought David's trials to my attention.  David, as a boy, who fought the lion and the bear actually pulled the sheep from the lion's mouth and killed the bear.  I'm sure that when David was going through this that he had no idea that this would prepare him to have the courage to fight Goliath.  My acquaintance said that God was "chiseling David through his adversity" and was "preparing him for a future that everyone else would run from"
  • In the case of the sifting of Peter, Jesus told Peter to his face what the purpose was.  And he told Peter that when it was over and Peter came through it that he would be the teacher of the brothers.  And remember, even though Peter was given all of the details, the outcome, and the purpose of his sifting - he was NOT given a choice in the matter.

So yes, these things go on today.  Sometimes from God and sometimes from circumstances, evil, ourselves, or just life on this broken planet and fallen world.  And their existence has nothing to do with whether God is loving or not.

Here's a great quote from Spurgeon about those times of being sifted in horrible trials.

“I think I see you, poor believer, tossed about like that wheat, up and down, right and left, in the sieve, and in the air, never resting. Perhaps it is suggested to you, ‘God is very angry with me.’ No, the farmer is not angry with his wheat when he casts it up and down in the sieve, and neither is God angry with you; this you shall see one day when the light shall show that love ruled in all your griefs.” (Spurgeon)

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

What was God main purpose of allowing this to happen and to demonstrate what exactly ?.  It seems like a very harsh thing for a servant of God to endure, even with his [ JOB ]perfect and upright status with God.

Look at it from a different angel.

The accuser implied that Job only loved God because God had blessed him, increasing his riches so forth.

In other words, Satan is implying that true love for God does not exist, men only love God because he gives, that's the only reason, because they get something out of God.

God proved Satan wrong.  Job still loved God and feared his name even when all was taken away.  He did not curse God's name. Later Job was restored with all that he had & twice as much.

The lesson to be learn't is for us today also.

The tribulation is coming.  Satan will do the same thing again, but to all the saints.  God will allow it.  True love for God does exist and will prevail in the hearts and actions of the faithful.  The unfaithful will be separated and likened to the unwise men who counseled Job.

There is nothing new under the sun, that hasn't been done before.

16 hours ago, other one said:

I think we need to understand the outcome of it all to understand that.

I know I learned to trust in God no matter what 

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Sister said:

There is nothing new under the sun, that hasn't been done before.

Tomorrow morning go outside and look around.....    see the things that are there and realize just what that verse means...