• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/17/2017 at 9:31 AM, soonsister said:

Also, as I mentioned there is a movement in the world that hopes to say that Christians and Jews worship the same God. This is not only absurd it is patently contrary to logic in matters of the timetable and context of the three faiths in question. I.E. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

1 hour ago, soonsister said:

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

Soonsister are you saying there are 2 different Gods, one for Christians and one for Jews?

No. My remarks to my knowledge never alluded to that. The Hebrew bible referred to the coming Messiah.And our Christian new testament is testament of that arrival. All by the will of the one God that both Christians and Jews worship.

While there is a movement afoot that hopes to promote the (false) notion that Islam worships the same God as we.

Hope that clears it up. :)

Yes it does, thanks.....must have been a typo

Edited by Mike 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

No typo. Just a misread.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:43 AM, nebula said:

I read a report that the passage from the Koran that was spoken was the one that denied God having a son. In other words, the Muslim(s) read the one passage that directly defames Christianity. 

That this means nothing to the bishop is very, very telling.

It is indeed . So there is more  need to be concerned about "wolves in sheep's clothing", than out and out non believers . 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, other one said:

this should not be a surprise to anyone.

To be honest, I did not realise how far gone it is . I must check  with "the wee flea",  to see what he thinks . That is , Peter Robertson the Moderator of the Free Church of Scotland .

He has a good website named as above .

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, soonsister said:

No. My remarks to my knowledge never alluded to that. The Hebrew bible referred to the coming Messiah.And our Christian new testament is testament of that arrival. All by the will of the one God that both Christians and Jews worship.

While there is a movement afoot that hopes to promote the (false) notion that Islam worships the same God as we.

Hope that clears it up. :)

But Jews do not worship the same God that Christians do . And, at least in Islam , there is respect for Jesus ,while  in Judaism, and  in the Talmud they are more  than blasphemous towards Jesus , they are disgusting and hatefilled .

If some of their ancestors loved and worshipped the same God ,   modern Jews DO NOT .

Edited by Thallasa

1 minute ago, Thallasa said:

But Jews do not worship the same God that Christians do . And at least in Islam there is respect for Jesus ,while Judaism in the Talmud is more thna blasphemous ,they are disgusting and hatefilled .

If some of their ancestors loved and worshipped the same God , modern Jews DO NOT .

I'm sure there are those far blessed with an educated rebuttal for having lived longer than I in the faith of Christ here. I'll defer to their wisdom to respond to you.

Guest Thallasa
24 minutes ago, soonsister said:

I'm sure there are those far blessed with an educated rebuttal for having lived longer than I in the faith of Christ here. I'll defer to their wisdom to respond to you.

I think if you look up some of the stuff they put on television in Israel about Jesus ,you would see that Islam is more respectful  .  

Edited by Thallasa

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

50 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

But Jews do not worship the same God that Christians do . And, at least in Islam , there is respect for Jesus ,while  in Judaism, and  in the Talmud they are more  than blasphemous towards Jesus , they are disgusting and hatefilled .

If some of their ancestors loved and worshipped the same God ,   modern Jews DO NOT .

well lets see.....  Jesus has no deity,  he's not the son of God and he's going to come back and tell us all that Mohammad was right and we should submit to Sharia Law....

I would not call that respect...

On 1/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, Thallasa said:

I think if you look up some of the stuff they put on television in Israel about Jesus ,you would see that Islam is more respectful  .  

I've seen the stuff that is made public in Israel. "Respectful" is not even in the neighborhood.

Edited by OneLight
Removed YouTube Link

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

It appears to me that you are saying that the thought of the Jews and Christians worshiping the same God " is not only absurd it is patently contrary to logic". 

Sorry, I am somehow misunderstanding you.