warrior12

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

There is reference to Lot and Sodom in the Apocrypha. I had to look for this. The Book of Jasher for one: http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/19.htm

That is just one reference I found. There may be others.

Then a Jewish Women's website has a reference to Lot's daughters and the offspring they bore from the seed of their father.

" the daughters bear sons, one of which becomes the ancestor of the Moabites and the other of which becomes the ancestor of the Ammonites; both people become enemies of the Israelites. "https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/daughters-of-lot-bible

7 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Let me throw something out here...

Would anyone disagree that Lot was a backslider, living in sin and unrepentant at the time of Sodom's destruction? If that's in fact the case, would there be an application for today? Could this possibly be an example that "backsliders" walking an unrepentant life are still saved??? I'm not trying to read anything into this, but Sodom, Gomorrah and the surrounding area is used as an example.

A couple of other things I find interesting (from memory so I may be off?). Lot's wife who became a pillar of salt, was evidently still recognizable during the time of Moses when he wrote Genesis. How do you suppose they knew or recognized that pillar as Lot's wife? It was a very long time between Lot and Moses writing the Torah. I realize this was an arid desert, but it does rain in the desert from time to time, and we know how very little water it takes to dissolve a large amount of salt? I'm wondering how that pillar of salt lasted centuries?

Many suspect this event is what created the  'Salt Sea' (Dead Sea). 

A whole salt sea? Lot's wife must have been a big 'un. :P

Kidding. I've never heard that story before.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Would anyone disagree that Lot was a backslider, living in sin and unrepentant at the time of Sodom's destruction?

While i would say the overwhelming majority would agree with you, i don't.  The Bible says that LOT was a just man and his soul was vexed daily by the SEEING AND HEARING what went on at Sodom.  Popular preachers have put their spin on the way they think life was at Sodom and concluded that LOT just accommodated himself for his good pleasure and ease of living.  I know the whole story when fabricated in one mind can, like a good novel writer paint a grim picture and people have families who in their minds think, well i would never do that to my daughters and therefore cannot come to grips with, like one poster here who said , "Peter had no place to declare LOT righteous".  Well, he did and he was an apostle, whom the Lord choose for his work and I would take the words of the bible than that statement.   Yes, bitter medicine is hard to swallow, but the word is the word.  

How could LOT be backslider living in sin and unrepentant.  Show me those facts.  I even heard the pastor of the church i attended say LOT was a liar, those exact words, because he said his daughters were virgins.  He said that was incorrect because he had sons in laws.  Anyone want to comment on that.  The story of LOT, never ceases to amaze me, and when i hear people say he sat at the gate of Sodom and was part of the town council ect, it makes me wonder, is that really true. Anyone again think this was so and why you think so.  Lots to think about here.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, soonsister said:

There is reference to Lot and Sodom in the Apocrypha. I had to look for this. The Book of Jasher for one: http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/19.htm

That is just one reference I found. There may be others.

Then a Jewish Women's website has a reference to Lot's daughters and the offspring they bore from the seed of their father.

" the daughters bear sons, one of which becomes the ancestor of the Moabites and the other of which becomes the ancestor of the Ammonites; both people become enemies of the Israelites. "https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/daughters-of-lot-bible

Moabites and ammonites were forbidden to ever enter the temple.

Aren't they the two groups that would not help feed those coming out of Egypt...

1 hour ago, other one said:

Moabites and ammonites were forbidden to ever enter the temple.

Aren't they the two groups that would not help feed those coming out of Egypt...

I don't know about their refusing to feed those fleeing from Egypt. I believe the Moabites refused to continue paying tribute when Ahab the ruler of Israel passed on.