• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Everyone!

As Christians we know that we are supposed to give thanks to God at all times. Now, I don't proclaim to be an expert in being thankful. Rather, I am one of those people who must work at it. Today I'm thankful for the great January weather I'm being able to experience. In Southwestern Alberta we get these awesome winter weather systems called "Chinooks". It's Chinooking right now! These systems drive warm weather in from the west and raise temperatures well above freezing. So for a week or more we get spring in the middle of winter. I love spring! So...I love Chinooks...and I thank God for them. What do I do when the Chinook ends and winter cold returns? I thank God for the break he gave me and the rest of those who appreciated it.

I'm blessed to live here for a number of reasons. Close to the mountains, foothills, it's a free country...Calgary is a beautiful city etc etc. Would I like to live somewhere void of winter all together? ABSOLUTELY! But I don't, so I try really hard not to let winter cold to steel my joy. I'd love to hear what other people thank God for on a regular basis...even if it's the smallest thing. If it helps you get through life in a happy way...and helps you love God more than I want to hear it! God Bless!

Tyler

Edited by iamsarts

Guest bonnieschamberger

lol Im the opposite I absolutely love winter and have always wanted to live where I could experience it longer but I treasure at least the little bit of cold we get in louisiana even if it is barely 3 months we get it.Until I get to my dream winter home it will still be in my heart <3

15 minutes ago, bonnieschamberger said:

lol Im the opposite I absolutely love winter and have always wanted to live where I could experience it longer but I treasure at least the little bit of cold we get in louisiana even if it is barely 3 months we get it.Until I get to my dream winter home it will still be in my heart <3

Thanks for reading my post Bonnie! You know...I try and try to understand the "love of winter" but alas...I just can't! I was born into it, being born in December. This is my 48th winter! So you have a dream winter home? I just bet it's a lot different from my current "dream winter home" lol. God bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i am also thankful for this warm weather we are having.

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, Gary Lee said:

Living in south central Texas, I have become comfortable in warm or hot weather. We see snow (I think that's what it's called) on the ground once in a decade.  The older I get, the more I really dislike the cold. But I have to thank God for those blue northers that blow in from up north from your area, imsarts, as it's the occasional cold that allows me to appreciate the regular warm weather. Our designer was very creative.  It's raining and cold  out side now, (did I say I really dislike the cold)  as I sit in my warm dry home God provided, communicating with fellow believers around the world on the web, I see my wife sitting at the breakfast nook reading her bible lesson. God is good. I've seen third world countries south of the border here in Texas, and around some of the world throughout the Asian and Oriental countries while in the military. To put it simple, God has blessed America and those who live here. God is merciful. The border fences around our country are not to keep the citizens from leaving as in other countries, but to keep illegal entry from coming in. That speaks for itself.

It's the little things.  Don't like, at the time, discipline/chastisement, but I surly need it and  I am thankful for it.  I think just now. The older I get, the more I appreciate the original equipment God gave me that's still functioning, as many of those reading also know, or those,  who will some day know.  Working a little slower, but still working. When I lay down in the evening for bed, I mentally go through the day and have a conversation with the Lord. Usually remember the failings first, admit them, ask for more direction/strength/wisdom.  I try to avoid request's  too much and pore out my thankfulness. He blessed me with another day. A godly woman for my wife, children and grand children, believers all. I don't understand why my God blesses me so. He show's great mercy, and grace, and forgiveness, and blessings, and favor. And love.

I'm grateful when the truck starts on a freezing morning, or that I have a heater in my shop (Did I tell you I really don't like the cold?),  when I see a grand daughters smile when I fix the flat on her bike. The desire to share the gospel with a stranger, a gift from God, not my own goodness. And moving up the list, my salvation in Christ. The sacrifice of my creator to suffer and die for me. The sacrifice of my heavenly father, Abba father, to  give his son for me.  For God so loved the world, he GAVE......................  

In Him Who is

Semper Fidelis

thanks for your response. I'm sorry i didn't notice it until today. God Bless you though!

On 1/19/2017 at 3:16 AM, Ghostdog said:

i am also thankful for this warm weather we are having.

thanks ghost dog...sorry that i didn't notice your response until today. GBU

On 1/18/2017 at 11:59 PM, Yowm said:

On a regular basis I thank Him for His redemptive sacrifice in my stead, His promise of eternal life and His Word which sheds light on it all.

Thanks for this comment. That is a great thing to always be thankful for. God Bless!

1 hour ago, tabitha l said:

what a wonderful post this is. I am thankful for another day to love god

thank you tabitha 1 for you're kind words. I like what you said! God Bless you!