No raise after a year and I am so dissapointed

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

I spoke with a homeless man who's dog eared and tattered Bible is full of his own hand written pleadings for God's will in his life. He's been on the streets for 4 years and begs for change, holds a true sign that states he will work for food, money,temporary lodging. He trusts God with all his heart and he's like unto Jesus who said even he had no place to lay his head.

Salary is an issue or you wouldn't be upset after all this time without a raise to reward your loyal service.

Why not ask your boss for a one on one private meeting? Sit down with him, a fellow Christian, and have a heart to heart. We're not going to be able to satisfy your upset. We're just going to give you one sided advice from a one sided removed objective perspective of the life you're living and the job you're in.

If you can speak to us who you cannot see , you can speak to your boss who knows you by name. And trusts you enough to help you to make a living for yourself and your family. Why not trust him to be forthcoming? When you respectfully bring before him your disappointments with your job? It isn't fair to presume why you've not gotten a raise. Ask! And find out . If you can talk to us about your boss you can talk to him. 

Blessings,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

I am beginning to see my boss in a different light. I'm torn between feeling resentment that all my hard work is not being financially rewarded, and feeling a little sorry that my boss is supposedly struggling. i do not know if he is truly struggling that much or if he is a bit of a drama king.

Would you look for another job, or hang in there?                                                                        slp

Hi,Blessings.....

I believe,if I may say so,that your first mistake is who you are sudde4nly focusing on.....the boss? It doesn't matter whether his story is true or false or what he can or cannot afford....Number 1-He is NOT your provider,he only writes the checks

Number 2-It's not your problem,your paid to do a job & from what you say,you do it well & you are gratified by doing a good job!

You're getting distracted ,we(as Christians) seek Gods Approval ,not man    keep your eyes on Jesus and keep doing the best you can do with a smile on your face,grateful,joyful,peaceful....representing Christ in every way

Pray about it but don't complain,never feel bitter or resentful......ask our Lord if it i0s His Will you stay or go,we can't answer that question,only HE can & HE Will if you ask    You've told us how very Blessed you are to have very minimal expenses & you don't need a raise,so what's the problem? I don't really believe there is any reason to leave but every opportunity to be that Ambassador for Christ Jesus in the workplace,no grumbling,remain hard working,patient andv don't look to see who is gettuing what,it's not anyones business what anyone else gets paid...remember this?

Matthew 20:1-16

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Hope that helps & encourages you to do exactly as you have been doing,if you are truly considering leaving,ask God       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/19/2017 at 5:55 AM, slp said:

I'm thankful I have a but I'm wondering if he's stingy.

IF SO, that is his problem.

Bottom line, if you think your value is higher than what you're getting, go find another place that will pay you that. When this company knows you are willing to go, they will figure out if they can afford to keep you. If you choose not do that, you'll need to quit complaining and be faithful to the little that is set before you.

Whenever I think I've got it bad, I remember Joseph. He was faithful to God, though working for a man who thought himself to be a god. 

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm sorry that is the impression I left. When I posted I was frustrated and trying to sort out out as well as get advice.

Sometimes seeking advice when writing, perhaps I worded something in a way that made me sound ungrateful and that wasn't my intent.

As I stated in my original post, I'm very grateful to have a job. 

Just trying to figure some things out, one of them is if I have reached the ceiling and there is no financial growth for me. 

Right now it's not urgent, but there will come a time where a higher salary will be more of a need. That is the crossroad I'm at.

Edited by slp
Rewrote

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

23 minutes ago, slp said:

I'm sorry that is the impression I left. When I posted I was frustrated and trying to sort out out as well as get advice.

Sometimes seeking advice when writing, perhaps I worded something in a way that made me sound ungrateful and that wasn't my intent.

As I stated in my original post, I'm very grateful to have a job. 

Just trying to figure some things out, one of them is if I have reached the ceiling and there is no financial growth for me. 

Right now it's not urgent, but there will come a time where a higher salary will be more of a need. That is the crossroad I'm at.

Just a question, but have you considered fasting and prayer for God's input in helping your frustration, and whether He wants to use you where your at, or moving on and finding a new job?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18

Hello everyone and thanks for your input. 

I am seeking God on this and I sense the Lord doesn't want me there forever, but I just need the green light for when it's time to go. 

I prayed for confirmation and I've gotten both directions of advice so I'm going to wait until it's crystal clear. 

Being in my forties I would like the option of being able to live on my own if I could. I lived in the Midwest for two years. The rent out there is so cheap that it is much easier to make ends meet, but I had no family and was lonely so I gladly took the opportunity, knowing how expensive things were, to return to southern California. 

Here, twelve an hr is OK under the circumstances I'm in, but it will not provide my own apartment.

What matters most, like what was said is that I'll doing God's will. I'm just going to pray it through and not be in a rush to leave without clearer signs.

Edited by slp
R

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

worked for a company for 5 years....after 3 i got a raise. for the next two they kept promising a raise but not giving it...even after they promised one after I expanded my job capabilities....i finally ended up switching jobs, for that and many other reasons. next company got 4 dollars worth of raises in a year....then, havent gotten one since, though its due to money being tight due to the local economy.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28

Send your resume out and see if you get any offers. If not, you are already being paid well. If someone offers you more, you are worth more. No need to stress about it. Don't send your resume out if you have been working there less than three years, five is better.