IGNORED

Trump's Treasury pick just doubled down on a budget trick that would steal from an entire generation

soonsister

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

17 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Well, the Republicans have done that for the last 6 years, so there is no doubt the liberals would do it also.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying here. I'm not saying what I, you or the Republicans are saying will benefit America. What I am saying is that what the Democrats know in their heart of hearts will definately help the American public.  I'm not so sure the Republicans did that and in the case of how many seat the Democrats lost in the intervening years, I don't think the public saw that either.  I think President Obama scared the crap out of people and the Dems ran away from that when they couldn't address the countries fears.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But without more customers there is no reason to use that capital to expand and a company having more capital does little to help the economy unless it is put to use

Yes, I agree that customers are a part of the mix, but that much is obvious. My disagreement was primarily with the idea that excess capital as a result of lower taxes does not aid in expansion. Businesses without very many customers are not going to last long enough to expand anyway. Businesses that are on the cusp of expansion, that are close, but don't quite have the capital, are the ones that would benefit greatly.