~esther~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Please can someone help me understand in layman's terms what this 5777 and the Jewish calendar and the year 2017 is all about? I see a lot of posts about it on facebook and I have googled it, but don't know which websites are actually giving me the full accurate story. It all seems like a load of nonsense to me as everything I have seen so far are from self proclaimed prophets and pentacostal pastors. Please can someone explain so I can in turn give concise answers to my fb friends as to why it's something to agree with, or not.

Here are some links I found:

http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word.html?ID=16678

https://biblicalsignsintheheadlines.com/2016/09/09/5777-are-you-rapture-ready/

and there are plenty more.

Thanks

esther

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

From what I can tell it is using numerology to calculate the Lord's Return. I would personally stay away from any teaching that promotes this type of thinking. The Scriptures are very clear that no one will know the time or the hour when Christ will come back. 

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:36-37)."

I think people should stop focusing so much on the end times and when things will happen and start focusing on telling people about the gospel. We all know the end times are coming, we know what will happen and we can be assured that God will end sin once and for all. We know that we who have put our trust in Christ will spend eternity with Him. 

But again I would run from this type of prophecy or really any prophecy that says they know when the return of the Lord will happen. I can assure you through God's Word that they are all wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would echo jaydogs words here, a lot of it is hokey pokey and false and not worth wasting ones time delving into.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

I would echo Jaydogs words here, a lot of it is hokey pokey and false and not worth wasting ones time delving into.                                Patriot

:amen:                     Facebook? Well,Anyplace is a good opportunity to spread the Gospel and point to Christ .....Right NOW is the most important moment in the time of our physical life......                                                                                                                                                                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I think people should stop focusing so much on the end times and when things will happen and start focusing on telling people about the gospel

Precisely. At this time in history the Gospel should be the primary focus of Christians.  

The end times will take care of themselves, while we look for that Blessed Hope, which is the glorious appearing of our Savior for the saints.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 1/22/2017 at 7:14 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

From what I can tell it is using numerology to calculate the Lord's Return. I would personally stay away from any teaching that promotes this type of thinking. The Scriptures are very clear that no one will know the time or the hour when Christ will come back. 

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:36-37)."

I think people should stop focusing so much on the end times and when things will happen and start focusing on telling people about the gospel. We all know the end times are coming, we know what will happen and we can be assured that God will end sin once and for all. We know that we who have put our trust in Christ will spend eternity with Him. 

But again I would run from this type of prophecy or really any prophecy that says they know when the return of the Lord will happen. I can assure you through God's Word that they are all wrong.

Numerology is much broader than what you think. Numerology extends to Theoretical Science and advanced computations in order to make sense of a subject. Saying that you dont use numerology is because you dont realize the bible is full of repeating patterns of numbers which can be associated to a particular time, subject, or color.... which means you read and study a book that is full of patterns and numbers, dreams, visions, Angelic visitation, abductions, Army's have died, in real life, due to Angelic Interference, and people lift their noses at looking at the patterns in numbers and the biblical referenced meaning behind the numbers, doesnt sound quite as bad as some of the arguments we hear in chatrooms.

Numerology is using repeating patterns of numbers located IN the bible to see possible comparisons to future stated events. Take it or leave it.

Baby Christian is repeating what you have been taught, a necessary beginning  to growth, but temporary.

You are Mature when your OUTPUT exceeds your input. (Isn't that the aim of machinery?)

Being a Redeemed Soul, I have the power to choose Good or Evil for myself IN anything. I take the perceived good and reject the perceived evil.

If you have a mind for numbers look at it if you want, in everything balance. If you could care less, dont worry about it.

The problem is with people who strongly do or do not enjoy an opinion. They begin teaching to do, or not do, a thing, that has no agreement on the subject and it causes splits due to pride through strong opinions and their subsequent teaching, not Truth.

It always seems safest not to move or not have an opinion, but then there is no growth, no movement, you see?

Don't be quick to judge unless they are Anti-Christ.

May Wisdom bless you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

3 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Numerology is much broader than what you think. Numerology extends to Theoretical Science and advanced computations in order to make sense of a subject. Saying that you dont use numerology is because you dont realize the bible is full of repeating patterns of numbers which can be associated to a particular time, subject, or color.... which means you read and study a book that is full of patterns and numbers, dreams, visions, Angelic visitation, abductions, Army's have died, in real life, due to Angelic Interference, and people lift their noses at looking at the patterns in numbers and the biblical referenced meaning behind the numbers, doesnt sound quite as bad as some of the arguments we hear in chatrooms.

Numerology is using repeating patterns of numbers located IN the bible to see possible comparisons to future stated events. Take it or leave it.

Baby Christian is repeating what you have been taught, a necessary beginning  to growth, but temporary.

You are Mature when your OUTPUT exceeds your input. (Isn't that the aim of machinery?)

Being a Redeemed Soul, I have the power to choose Good or Evil for myself IN anything. I take the perceived good and reject the perceived evil.

If you have a mind for numbers look at it if you want, in everything balance. If you could care less, dont worry about it.

The problem is with people who strongly do or do not enjoy an opinion. They begin teaching to do, or not do, a thing, that has no agreement on the subject and it causes splits due to pride through strong opinions and their subsequent teaching, not Truth.

It always seems safest not to move or not have an opinion, but then there is no growth, no movement, you see?

Don't be quick to judge unless they are Anti-Christ.

May Wisdom bless you.

Unfortunately your research into numerology in the Bible and it's use for predicting the end times is pretty weak. Anyone remember Mr. Harold Camping? Used numerology 3 times for three different predictions and he was wrong each and every time. I could name others but this response would be too long.

I never said that numbers in the Bible are not important. They most definitely are but they are not there to predict the end times. The Bible is not a giant Omega Code(anyone remember that silliness) that we get some secret message hidden deep within scripture by chaining this letter and that letter or this number to that number. Scripture doesn't work that way and we should be careful to not try to find something in scripture that fits our own fancy.

To question my spiritual maturity is another thing. Just because I disagree with a method of scripture interpretation doesn't mean my spiritual walk is stunted. I was simply suggesting that using numbers in the Bible or to try derive numbers from words, etc in the Bible is not scriptural and quite honestly a dangerous way of scripture interpretation. You will find, if you do the research that numerology in the way it is defined, tries to connect a series of numbers and then get some message out of it. It's like those old decoder things you got out of the cracker Jack box. Gimmicky and not worth the time to play it again. Test the spirits and see if they are of God. This spirit I can safely say and others will agree is not consistent with the Bible and therefore we need to run from it.

Look I just responded to the article and I for one am ok with opinions and thoughts as long as they stay consistent with God's Word.

As you can see in this particular thread I am not the only one with this opinion. You are entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine but I don't see any support from scripture why you believe differently. Please show scripture to show where,my error is if you are able to.

I would like to encourage you to show is how numerology is used to calculate the end times? This is what this thread is about. I think and believe that scripture is very clear that there is not possible way for us to know. See scripture reference above in my quote. But if you do have some some special revelation that I am not privy of please show me so that I can do more research. Until then I'm going to trust what the Bible says when it says that no one knows when that day will come. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Me and Hal Lindsey still thing Jesus was supposed to be here in 1988....   just can't figure out why he changed his mind   LoL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 1/25/2017 at 5:07 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

Unfortunately your research into numerology in the Bible and it's use for predicting the end times is pretty weak. Anyone remember Mr. Harold Camping? Used numerology 3 times for three different predictions and he was wrong each and every time. I could name others but this response would be too long.

I never said that numbers in the Bible are not important. They most definitely are but they are not there to predict the end times. The Bible is not a giant Omega Code(anyone remember that silliness) that we get some secret message hidden deep within scripture by chaining this letter and that letter or this number to that number. Scripture doesn't work that way and we should be careful to not try to find something in scripture that fits our own fancy.

To question my spiritual maturity is another thing. Just because I disagree with a method of scripture interpretation doesn't mean my spiritual walk is stunted. I was simply suggesting that using numbers in the Bible or to try derive numbers from words, etc in the Bible is not scriptural and quite honestly a dangerous way of scripture interpretation. You will find, if you do the research that numerology in the way it is defined, tries to connect a series of numbers and then get some message out of it. It's like those old decoder things you got out of the cracker Jack box. Gimmicky and not worth the time to play it again. Test the spirits and see if they are of God. This spirit I can safely say and others will agree is not consistent with the Bible and therefore we need to run from it.

Look I just responded to the article and I for one am ok with opinions and thoughts as long as they stay consistent with God's Word.

As you can see in this particular thread I am not the only one with this opinion. You are entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine but I don't see any support from scripture why you believe differently. Please show scripture to show where,my error is if you are able to.

I would like to encourage you to show is how numerology is used to calculate the end times? This is what this thread is about. I think and believe that scripture is very clear that there is not possible way for us to know. See scripture reference above in my quote. But if you do have some some special revelation that I am not privy of please show me so that I can do more research. Until then I'm going to trust what the Bible says when it says that no one knows when that day will come. 

(Disclaimer: "YOU" mentioned in this statement is meant in the broadest of terms and not limited or meant to be limited to the above quoted entity.)

Everything is numbers, absolutely everything.

Everything is in a numerological order and everything is in a numerological countdown.

This is all silliness for the most part because the days will be cut short.

The only numbers that matter are the number of martyrs to be fulfilled.

The real problem with todays plethora of beliefs is due to FALSE DEFINITIONS OF WORDS. False translations, twisting of words not to change, but to mislead. In all reality, which VERY FEW people live in due to the blind leading the blind, is that The Word PLAINLY states when Christ returns, it PLAINLY states that the "catching up" will be THE SAME DAY as His return.

The Issue is with todays "believers" lol, how bout we just use the word "faithful", much better definition since "believer" has no standard, is that they honestly believe they will be "raptured" out of here before the anti-christ makes war with the saints. Wow, that is going to be a shocker for most of the faithful. Pretty good trick by the opposition forces, tell people they will be saved from being a martyr, and when they are not whisked away at the unveiling of the son of perdition, what happens to their faith?

People are soo naive, "Gods word cannot be changed..." Really? What is your definition of changed?

Genesis,

Serpent/Nachash- Didn't God say you could eat of every tree in the garden.

Eve/Haisah- But the fruit from the tree in the midst of the garden, God hath said, You shall not eat of it nor You shall not touch it, for you will die.

Serpent/Nachash- You shall not die, God knows that when you eat of it, YOUR EYES SHALL BE OPENED, and you shall know good from evil.

DEFINITIONS!!!!  Nachash used a different definition of death. He had to be sly, for even a child knows guilt.

Now Revelation, " For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

What if the one who changes, or omits, does not care? What if its a demonically inspired change of definitions, or translation, or twist of words?

Remember the entity who has had great influence on the collection of scrolls that you soo faithfully believe is absolute.

Obviously you might say, which then is the incorrect words?

More than you can shake a stick at.

Here, one sample of todays folly.

Do not take the Lord Thy God's Name in vain.

What is His Name? People say, His name is God, therefore if a person says "GoshDarnit" they are taking His name in vain.

NOPE, sorry, wrong answer.

God is a title, not a proper name, therefore everyone who believes the previously stated term is a name, believes a lie.

"GOD" has many names depending on what He manifests as or what His stated mission is.

Elohim, Melchizedek?, Ehyah Asher Ehyah/Yahweh, Emanuel, Yeshua, Yehoshua, Yahu,  and a Name which only He knows in the future.

Which name, or is it all names? Which language? Which dialect? Soo many options to take it in vain.

LORD and GOD in the old testament IS NOT the correct translation, but as long as you believe it, it's truth right?

Which leads back to the belief in the "rapture". Definitions of words have lead to a misbelief in timing to confuse and shake the faith of those who will live in that time. They in error, believe that the martyrs mentioned in revelation are not them, because they are super special. The fact is that Tribulation and Wrath have been confused leading to a false belief in a lifetime of bliss in which that days church is spared persecution for the first time in the history of the church age.

You think the church of Laodicea will admit they are the church of Laodicea?

Hmm.

Definitions, the true enemy.

Love and peace I pray sincerely for the the faithful.