Asking questions during sermon

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A few weeks ago during Sunday service my pastor was talking about Abraham and him about to sacrifice his son Issac.  I got so excited that I raised my hand and my pastor knew I was excited and I said that maybe Issac was 33 years old. Chuck Missler  (who my pastor follows said this). Well then this past Wednesday nights bible study I ask another question during my pastors speech (was it a sermon on bible study night?) I don't know I don't feel that he was speaking from an "anointed" place. Anyway today before Sunday school I was pulled to the side by an elder in my church and he told me that I shouldn't be asking the pastor questions or interrupt him during service that I should wait until after service is oover.This broke my heart. I couldn't help but to cry and cry I did all through service as much as I tried to stop it o just couldn't. I'm super emotional today anyway. Am I wrong? Or was it the elders place to tell me this? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angel45005

Welcome to Worthy,I do believe the elder did the appropriate thing by taking you aside to give you that helpful info,I don't know what made you feel offended by that? Obviously that is how they do "bible Study" there & so we simply respect our leaders & do what we are asked, the fruits of the Spirit do include "patience" & "self control"......ask Jesus to help you with these,waiting for someone to finish their "sermon" or "speech" before asking questions does notv sound like an unreasonable request

Jesus is the Prince of Peace,surely He Will bring you "peace' regarding this matter,it is a very small matter .....He gives us the Comforter too,I suggest you set your sights on Him rather than these other things & getting personally offended,taking offense is setting your sights on you,,,you see?    It's okay,go in Peace and count it as a learning experience,it's great you are so excited to participate & join in asking questions with your Pastor but a little patience goes a very long way

With love-in CHrist,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, Angel45005 said:

Am I wrong? Or was it the elders place to tell me this? 

What that elder said and did was perfectly appropriate.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi angel. Its up to the speaker. A very experienced and confident speaker might welcome questions. But someone like myself who is forget, easily distracted, or maybe not an expert on that days speech might ask you to wait until after the speech. Content matters as well. If the content is really complex the other audience members might get distracted by questions. Its best to ask BEFORE how that should be done or just wait till after to ask questions. You could also try raising your hand. They might ignore you or motion for you to put your hand down, both of which are fine. Remember, the person speaking to you is just a person. They are not perfect.