• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  262
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Clarify just what the drawing board is please,  if it is for real .... thx.  Shalom Marilyn ! :)

Hi simplejeff,

`Back to the drawing board,` (must be an aussie expression) In this context I mean -  back to trying to make the Revived Roman Empire view fit into today's world.

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Or perhaps you are referring to the contemporary view which I don`t think you have actually studied, so then of course you can`t really comment on that could you.

Actually I can comment on the "contemporary view" since it is pure speculation.  What we know for facts are:

1. Daniel's 69 week ended with the crucifixion of Christ.

2. The Church age is not mentioned in Daniel since he deals strictly with Israel, Jerusalem, and the Jews. This period separates the 69 weeks from the 70th week.

3. The Abomination of Desolation is connected with the Antichrist, who will set up an idol within the future Temple at Jerusalem, and cause the sacrifices to cease.

4. This event will trigger the Great Tribulation, which will be the second half of Daniel's 70th week.

5.  The Antichrist must be a renegade Jew who will blaspheme the God of his fathers (ancestors) and claim to be God from within the Jerusalem Temple.

6. Orthodox Jews are awaiting their Messiah, and have also drawn up plans to build the Temple in Jerusalem, and resume Temple sacrifices.

As to how Daniel's prophecies will actually be fulfilled, people can only speculate, but there is no question that there will be a Revived Roman Empire (iron and clay) from within the European Union (which is currently falling apart).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Actually I can comment on the "contemporary view" since it is pure speculation.  What we know for facts are:

1. Daniel's 69 week ended with the crucifixion of Christ.

2. The Church age is not mentioned in Daniel since he deals strictly with Israel, Jerusalem, and the Jews. This period separates the 69 weeks from the 70th week.

3. The Abomination of Desolation is connected with the Antichrist, who will set up an idol within the future Temple at Jerusalem, and cause the sacrifices to cease.

4. This event will trigger the Great Tribulation, which will be the second half of Daniel's 70th week.

5.  The Antichrist must be a renegade Jew who will blaspheme the God of his fathers (ancestors) and claim to be God from within the Jerusalem Temple.

6. Orthodox Jews are awaiting their Messiah, and have also drawn up plans to build the Temple in Jerusalem, and resume Temple sacrifices.

As to how Daniel's prophecies will actually be fulfilled, people can only speculate, but there is no question that there will be a Revived Roman Empire (iron and clay) from within the European Union (which is currently falling apart).

Hi Ezra,

Well, well you may be surprised for I agree with most of what you said, except for the nationality of the anti-Christ, but I wont quibble. So isn`t that a change, we agree on those facts.:D (1-6)

Now you said -`Actually I can comment on the "contemporary view" since it is pure speculation.` I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the contemporary view of Dan. 7. Maybe you can write your comments on my thread, `historic or contemporary,` so we don`t take your thread off track. I would be interested to hear what you think of the op reasons, on that thread.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi simplejeff,

`Back to the drawing board,` (must be an aussie expression) In this context I mean -  back to trying to make the Revived Roman Empire view fit into today's world.

Marilyn. 

Thanks Marilyn,

In school when we used the expression,  too long ago (haha),  we meant continuing to look for a solution of a real problem -

I don't remember ever using it to mean trying to fit a large square peg into a tiny keyhole opening. (to stretch, maybe, an analogy or anomaly ? :) )   

Jeff.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

41 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Thanks Marilyn,

In school when we used the expression,  too long ago (haha),  we meant continuing to look for a solution of a real problem -

I don't remember ever using it to mean trying to fit a large square peg into a tiny keyhole opening. (to stretch, maybe, an analogy or anomaly ? :) )   

Jeff.

Hi simplejeff,

Yes, way, way too long ago. I used the term in a facetious way, (humour). As I imagined those who were gleefully looking at the 10 EU countries to have joined, thinking they would be the 10 kings, when oops along comes 11, 12, 13,......27, & then scratching their heads & trying to see how that would play out for their view. I heard that now they are looking for the EU to break up & only 10 countries will be left.

Personally I am very pleased to see more & more people actually looking at that view & seeing that it is like the `emperor without any clothes` children`s story - pride tricked the emperor into thinking that he could see a great costume, when in fact he only had on his under garments. Thus to me the RRE view has not a scriptural base & is not what is happening in our world today.

regards, Marilyn.   

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,691
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/24/2017 at 10:06 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

I completely agree. But what does that word 'watch' mean? Does it mean that we sit as couch potatoes waiting for that day or are we to be working for the Lord as we wait for that day? I believe it is latter. However I many Christians that the first question is very applicable to their lives. 

But I agree that Christians today are mesmerized by the world and what it has to offer. So yes there as to be adjustments. However I don't think those adjustments will be made until those things are taken away and the focus is put back on the Lord.

When we become aware that Jesus has come in our heart, and feel his presence there, perhaps only then we will be satisfied that in deed he has come.

All those arguments and speculations they are going to loose their grip on us, hopefully .

Unless we have learned to love our neighbor by promoting the fear of the Antichrist, the fear of tribulation, the fear of left behind at the rapture.

Jesus knew something to keep the disciples out of these distractions and keep them focus on the Gospel, and how to survive prosecution . 

People love fiction , and their imagination needs to be fed. 

So to tell them, let go and focus onto something else it not easy, the book of Revelation has become like a game and people are finding there place in it, and they will tell their future, how they are going to be big here on earth with JESUS. 

The same thing when Jesus was here, they kept telling him, when are you going to set up your Kingdom, and what roll are we going to play, and  which one of us is going to be on your right and which one on your left. 

Jesus said you don't know what you are asking. 

JESUS thinking of the two thiefs who were or whould be crusified with him, on his left and his right and perhaps shook his head . 

And so actually it happens, at the end most of them were crusified or were martyrs of the faith. 

They want all these things to happen so they can rule with JESUS here on earth. 

what an empty ambition, when they have the chance to rule with him now, by welcoming Jesus to become the king and ruler of their hearts, kind off. 

Whould be more interesting to get to know Jesus that way, if we are not afraid. 

I don't think he is going to make us holy, but rather helping us in our lifes, and giving us directions, just the way when he was here on earth, and he himself did not isolate himself, and kept company only with the holy ones, but he mix with the people, and he was a blessing to them.

What a friend we have in Jesus. 

I like to think that way, he does not want us to be afraid of the world.