Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

What should be the Christian's primary focus in these days of spiritual confusion?  Paul tells us precisely what it should be:

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:15-17).

Many Christians, including many preachers, have forgotten that it is the Gospel which is THE POWER OF GOD unto salvation for all men.

Are all men sinners? YES

Do all need to be saved? YES

Does God want all to be saved? YES

Do all need to hear the Gospel? YES

Are Christians generally losing their focus? YES

Are all hearing the true Gospel? NO

Paul summarizes the Gospel in a few words (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), but there is much, much more to the Gospel (which all Christians should understand and share by any and all means possible).

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Now, the Gospel is meaningless unless the sinner understands who Christ is and how He could die for all of our sins. If the Gospel fails to proclaim that Jesus is God, it is "another Gospel".

Again, the Gospel is meaningless unless the sinner understands that God now commands that all men everywhere to repent and be saved. If the Gospel omits repentance towards God, it is "a false Gospel". It is always repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21).

Lastly, the Gospel is meaningless unless the sinner understands that God commands all believers to be baptized immediately by immersion, thus showing that they died with Christ and have also risen again to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-7).

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Currently I am finding that Christians are super focused on the end time and are looking for indications of things happening. They have changed their focus from the gospel. 

Just now, Yowm said:

Jesus did tell us to keep watch for we know not when our Lord comes.

Some Christians have been nearly totally engulfed with this life and all it's glitz and goodies That they have lost sight of the fact that Jesus is returning period.

So yes, there can be adjustments from both ends.

I completely agree. But what does that word 'watch' mean? Does it mean that we sit as couch potatoes waiting for that day or are we to be working for the Lord as we wait for that day? I believe it is latter. However I many Christians that the first question is very applicable to their lives. 

But I agree that Christians today are mesmerized by the world and what it has to offer. So yes there as to be adjustments. However I don't think those adjustments will be made until those things are taken away and the focus is put back on the Lord.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I take it to mean doing things in light of His promised return...

Luke 12:45-46 KJVS
[45] But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; [46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him , and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

That's the way I take it as well :)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

No one shared the Gospel with me.  I knew that God forgave me because of Jesus, that He loved me, that Jesus died on a cross and arose from the dead.  ---The Gospel that Paul preached.   No one told me Jesus is God.  No one told me to be baptized till after the first couple of years.  

God led me to confess my sins, ask for forgiveness in repentance,  to try to make right my wrongs and to confess that I had asked God to forgive me.  Then He placed a hunger in me to read the Bible.  I bought an Amplified New Testament and read it.  Being baptized was not one of the things God led me to do.  Eventually after 2 years my mother urged me to be immersed in her church.

Certainly their are others whom God has called in His sovereignty.  

3 hours ago, Willa said:

No one shared the Gospel with me...  

Which just reinforces the thrust of this thread.  However, we can join with you in praising God that in spite of that you were saved. It's time to let the "end times" take care of themselves, and get back to doing the job we were supposed to do.  As for "watching" and being ready, we are to watch for the return of Christ for the Church, not the rise of the Antichrist for the godless.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  262
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

22 hours ago, Ezra said:

...... It's time to let the "end times" take care of themselves, and get back to doing the job we were supposed to do.....

Hi Ezra,

I made this comment on my `historic or contemporary` thread & it is what I believe - that knowing God`s purposes are the whole counsel of God. To become a young believer but not be taught what God says He is doing now & in the future, leaves them wide open for great error.

Some people may think, `Marilyn, does it really matter whether the 4 beasts of Daniel 7 are historic or contemporary. Wouldn`t it be better to concentrate on discipling others.` If you would look at my interests you will see that `discipling,` is first. And I believe that the two can go together, for I believe,the contemporary view is a great tool when speaking to unbelievers & discipling other.

Most people, I believe, are concerned with what is happening in the world, but really cannot make much sense of it. This leaves them wide open to error & also fear, and worry of what is happening. However when we have explained to them concerning what we believe God says about our times, then they are amazed at the simplicity & clarity it now brings. They look at current events & are not upset but see it moving as God said it would. The 4 great Federations, a phenomenon of our times, become quite clear as to what their `role` is in the forming of the last Gentile world government.

Thus we see the contemporary view of Dan. 7 as a great tool in evangelising & discipling others.

regards, Marilyn.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:13 PM, Marilyn C said:

To become a young believer but not be taught what God says He is doing now & in the future, leaves them wide open for great error.

The only problem is that there are too many conflicting views about the end times, and frankly some of them are half-baked. New believers must be solidly grounded in Gospel truth and Bible doctrine, rather than being subjected to all kinds of *wild and wonderful ideas* about the end times.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  262
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

16 hours ago, Ezra said:

The only problem is that there are too many conflicting views about the end times, and frankly some of them are half-baked. New believers must be solidly grounded in Gospel truth and Bible doctrine, rather than being subjected to all kinds of *wild and wonderful ideas* about the end times.

Hi Ezra,

`Wild & wonderful ideas.` Do you mean basing a doctrine on a symbol, (iron, which God say means strong & NOT Rome) or thinking that God is going to revive a system of government that He has already judged, (Rome) & perhaps you are suggesting that those who followed this doctrine ended up looking to the EU when it had 10 countries & thinking, yeh see...but then we know that there are now 27 countries in the EU. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Or perhaps you are referring to the contemporary view which I don`t think you have actually studied, so then of course you can`t really comment on that could you.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Clarify just what the drawing board is please,  if it is for real .... thx.  Shalom Marilyn ! :)