• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

17 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

you are correct, he might just be grossly incompetent.  That is much better.   Well done counselor , you got your client off!   You really should think about a career change.

As a President? Yep :D

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not incompetent at all and again, you have no proof of that, either. Rather,  the problem is likely that you're not as up on the facts as you think you are.  He might be privy to a data set that you're not.   You simply have nothing and need to just give up this line of accusation.  

I have given the evidence that at least 5 of the claims he made were false.  You have not refuted that evidence so the verdict is that what Spicer said was false.  Now, a Press Secretary for the President of the United States comes out and states 5 (or more) incorrect points of fact in the very first press briefing of the Administration, that is the very epitome of gross incompetence.  There is no excuse for such blunders and if he was that incompetent he should be let go. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Why is it that on the first reply this thread was derailed and after 5 pages it still remains so.  This thing about crowd size was a irrelevant issue and a pretentious shot across the bow  by the media. They also said that a bust of MLK was missing from the White house, which was also something that was meant to cause controversy.   That's what they do, when they have nothing else to do and I don't see anything constructive about discussing it here, other than to get some internal brownie points for our own ego.  It's like listening to school children talk about whose dad will kick whose dad's butt.

If you guys want to bring up President Obama, then why don't you contrast the first inaugural attendance against his second to see the difference between the hope filled wishful gathering of expectating public for the countries first black president and the attendance of those who had been through 4 years of President Obama's administration. 

President Trump should have not taken part in this food fight, but that is all it is and nothing more. To concentrate on this and this alone on someone elses thread I think shows a good measure of pettiness exists here and I ask why that is? 

President Trump has a running battle with the media and we all know it. We all know that they are idealistically elitist and care on to reduce him in any way as possible.  As far as I'm concerned, his backers and those who have hope in his already know that the media are after him and are quite aware of what the media is doing. I'm sure the media will continue to loose subscribers, but like a mad dog, they don't see anything but red and chomping at the bit.

Do we really need to mimic them on a Christian web site, where people come to discuss God/Christianity and the state of our Israeli brothers.  Let's put the pacifiers down and pick up our Bibles. At least then it'll be about God and not us.

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I have given the evidence that at least 5 of the claims he made were false.  You have not refuted that evidence so the verdict is that what Spicer said was false.

What verdict?  I am not debating if what he said was false or not.  I am debating the claim you made that you have PROOF that he lied.  It's one thing to argue that he got his facts wrong or that he had bad information and didn't vet that information as he should have.   But that's not your claim.   You cannot move the goal posts now and try get around your original comments, as if you arguing something else all along.

Now, a Press Secretary for the President of the United States comes out and states 5 (or more) incorrect points of fact in the very first press briefing of the Administration, that is the very epitome of gross incompetence.  There is no excuse for such blunders and if he was that incompetent he should be let go. 

Yeah, it's gross incompetence just because YOU say it is?  Again, all you have is evidence and allegations, and nothing else and it's not like you're really in the place to know.  You're not on the inside with special information that rest of us don't have, so your claims carry no more weight than mine or anyone else.

Again, it may be the case that he is right and that photographic evidence has been doctored.   During the campaign, the Trump camp had completely different polling data that the media wasn't using, but had access to.   The polling data that the Trump camp had was correct.   The media used different data that gave them the results they wanted to show the American people. 

The media completely fabricated stories about Trump molesting women and paid women to make those false claims, it was later discovered.  So the media is NOT above doctoring photos, putting out wrong information, editing date and time stamps on photos, and pretty much lying through their teeth.  

And we don't have a pattern of lying from Sean Spicer.  We have a long pattern of lies and intentional misinformation and deception from the media.   So I am not convinced that Spicer lied or that he didn't' get the information right.   

After the media has lied to us so much, and were even complicit the lies of the previous administration, there is no reason to believe they suddenly found religion and are now engaging in honest reporting.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What verdict?  I am not debating if what he said was false or not.  I am debating the claim you made that you have PROOF that he lied.  It's one thing to argue that he got his facts wrong or that he had bad information and didn't vet that information as he should have.   But that's not your claim.   You cannot move the goal posts now and try get around your original comments, as if you arguing something else all along.

Of course I can move the goal post.  I have already admitted I cannot prove that he has lied, and then I moved on.  I am now arguing that he said at least 5 things that were incorrect.  Do you care to refute that or do you accept it? 

Yeah, it's gross incompetence just because YOU say it is?  Again, all you have is evidence and allegations, and nothing else and it's not like you're really in the place to know.  You're not on the inside with special information that rest of us don't have, so your claims carry no more weight than mine or anyone else.

Then feel free to show me some information that indicates that Spicer was not incorrect.  If not, then my information stands.  

Again, it may be the case that he is right and that photographic evidence has been doctored.   During the campaign, the Trump camp had completely different polling data that the media wasn't using, but had access to.   The polling data that the Trump camp had was correct.   The media used different data that gave them the results they wanted to show the American people. 

Then provide evidence the photos are doctored.  If you cannot do that, then the photos stand.  While you are at it, provide evidence this website was faked...http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Plan-to-Protect-National-Mall-Grass-This-Inauguration-187401631.html

The media completely fabricated stories about Trump molesting women and paid women to make those false claims, it was later discovered.  So the media is NOT above doctoring photos, putting out wrong information, editing date and time stamps on photos, and pretty much lying through their teeth.  

Please support your claim these women were paid to make false claims.  If you cannot support your claim, then according to your own rules, your claim is null and void.

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Of course I can move the goal post.  I have already admitted I cannot prove that he has lied, and then I moved on.  I am now arguing that he said at least 5 things that were incorrect.  Do you care to refute that or do you accept it? 

Well, as long as you admit that you were wrong and that you didn't have the proof you originally claimed to have, my work here is finished.  My goal was met.  I have nothing else to say on the matter. 

Whether he got his facts right or not, is between him and you. I don't really care.  You and he can hash it out.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, as long as you admit that you were wrong and that you didn't have the proof you originally claimed to have, my work here is finished.  My goal was met.  I have nothing else to say on the matter. 

Whether he got his facts right or not, is between him and you. I don't really care.  You and he can hash it out.

Well, actually when I said he was lying, I was just using hyperbole, you know exaggerating how wrong he was.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

12 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Why is it that on the first reply this thread was derailed and after 5 pages it still remains so.  This thing about crowd size was a irrelevant issue and a pretentious shot across the bow  by the media. They also said that a bust of MLK was missing from the White house, which was also something that was meant to cause controversy.   That's what they do, when they have nothing else to do and I don't see anything constructive about discussing it here, other than to get some internal brownie points for our own ego.  It's like listening to school children talk about whose dad will kick whose dad's butt.

If you guys want to bring up President Obama, then why don't you contrast the first inaugural attendance against his second to see the difference between the hope filled wishful gathering of expectating public for the countries first black president and the attendance of those who had been through 4 years of President Obama's administration. 

President Trump should have not taken part in this food fight, but that is all it is and nothing more. To concentrate on this and this alone on someone elses thread I think shows a good measure of pettiness exists here and I ask why that is? 

President Trump has a running battle with the media and we all know it. We all know that they are idealistically elitist and care on to reduce him in any way as possible.  As far as I'm concerned, his backers and those who have hope in his already know that the media are after him and are quite aware of what the media is doing. I'm sure the media will continue to loose subscribers, but like a mad dog, they don't see anything but red and chomping at the bit.

Do we really need to mimic them on a Christian web site, where people come to discuss God/Christianity and the state of our Israeli brothers.  Let's put the pacifiers down and pick up our Bibles. At least then it'll be about God and not us.

Amen, brother!

Blessings,

-Ed