• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Sing40King said:

Hi all, I joined this forum expecting to find a place where Christians support each other and to have positive fellowship and grow in my faith. I have found it to be a place to debate and argue the Word of God which is unbiblical. I've seen people who claim to be Christians tearing each other apart over simple doctrines that don't effect our salvation. I will continue to pray for this forum to be what God intended it to be and for the admins who run it but I just can't contribute to it anymore. In some ways it has hurt my faith more than helped it. God bless you all. I will still check now and then for any replies and answer any questions (within reason).

You'll find such an atmosphere in any Christian forum you venture to.

The nature of the Internet insures anonymity for the coward, the bully, the liar, the POE, the atheist who wants to start trouble among believers. I've even seen atheist forums that have threads dedicated to the topic. And, "How-To's", on posing as a Christian in order to stir up actual Christians.

Sorry to see you go.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Great suggestion Yown......There's also the "Praise" Forum and we are always needed in the "Prayer Requests " too........when I want "quiet time" here I frequent those areas and avoid many of the "heavy" & highly opinionated discussions.....sometimes I simply browse the "Welcome Forum" & greet new members     I try to avoid DEBATE,there shouldn't really be much to debate with people of like mind & judgement anyway but not everyone understands the difference between "reasoning" TOGETHER and the desire to get THEIR point across.......the easiest way to avoid conflict is to not participate in it,lol     I think thats what our Brother Sing has opted for but I hope we can encourage him to stay and find his own "comfort zone" within the Ministry,I've been where he is,we probably all have......getting back to your suggestion,it is a great idea.............what do you think, Sean?                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

to be perfectly honest with ya I think it's wool :red_smile: 

Did I type satin instead of satan? Well it was early in the morning. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, Sing40King said:

Hi all, I joined this forum expecting to find a place where Christians support each other and to have positive fellowship and grow in my faith. I have found it to be a place to debate and argue the Word of God which is unbiblical. I've seen people who claim to be Christians tearing each other apart over simple doctrines that don't effect our salvation. I will continue to pray for this forum to be what God intended it to be and for the admins who run it but I just can't contribute to it anymore. In some ways it has hurt my faith more than helped it. God bless you all. I will still check now and then for any replies and answer any questions (within reason).

Bye Sing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

WOW, I didn't realize that many people cared about me. I do appreciate it very very much. I will pray hard about it and see what the Lord says. If i do go I will miss a lot of you. God bless you all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Sing40King!

You're like growing in Christ and like mature in Him for your age dude. Like, I don't post a lot, but I like what I've seen of the bit I've read on your postings here at Worthy. :)
Oh, and don't let this prop go to your head, I like totally want to see you and your family continue to mature in Christ for the rest of your lifetimes. (Applies to me and all reading this too!)

I too long for what you do, seeing Christians grow with each other in fellowship and faith within the confines of the Bible.
In that hurt part of your faith you mentioned, turn it over to God asking Him for direction confirming that direction with His Word divided properly.

Debate and arguing can help others at times (if they are sincerely looking to God for Truths.)

Purely from a political standpoint, If you were to continue to desire Politics in your future, you would have to prayerfully learn to do debate and argue things well as a Christian man against a generation that is increasing in its hostilities towards God and His unchanging Truths.
This Worthy TOS point would work well in much of the political arena also: "Debate the subject, not the person."

I've learned to listen to the degree I can when someone is yelling, what are they saying in those loud words? Is there some Truth I can learn in God's rightly divided Word, or some way I can point them towards Christ after listening?

Other times as you have noted, some folks just like to argue for the sake of arguing. This is sin for those individuals, and we've both seen the Mods call them out looking to keep the boards running to the glory of God as best they know how.

The good Lord has had me learn more than a few things here, and I've looked to share information I've learned over the years.

One of the things many Christians seem to not understand at times in Christ, is why everyone does not do the same things they do.
We are all different parts of the Body, and many times one part may not understand why others do not operate in the part they have.

Instead of looking to work with a different part of the Body of Christ as a whole, some will shun other parts, when in fact, we truly need each other without all the schisms. (1Co 12:12-27)
Part of our daily prayers is that all "isms" would be put away from the Body of Christ.

There are other times when there are trolls and false converts afoot. :o
May we all reach out to them and keep them in prayer for their salvation! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

WOW, I didn't realize that many people cared about me. I do appreciate it very very much. I will pray hard about it and see what the Lord says. If i do go I will miss a lot of you. God bless you all.

Of course we do Little Brother,I've been trying to tell you about the really wonderful,amazing,incredible,Spirit Filled Born Again Brothers & Sisters that are here.....your Worthy Family!!!!!!For the two & three(or 4 or 5)argumentative folks you are focusing on you are about to throw the baby out with the bath water!!!!!LOL

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Oh how I have longed for true fellowship amongst brothers and sisters in harmony together, living in peace with one another!

Unfortunately, the word of God tells me that I would be disillusioned to believe that would be the case for there is much ministry to be done inside as well as outside of the church.

I have to be on guard for self.  Pick up my cross, deny myself and love you in spite of your flaws if I am to be like him.

I fall short of the glory of God and deal poorly with others at times.  I make decisions based upon self that later put me in a position to be harmed and am blind to what I have done.  I step on the toes of my brothers and sisters and they often retaliate and I can't always understand what went wrong.

It is SO EASY for me to look at others and find fault.  I see my faults in others without seeing them in myself as Romans 2 teaches.

By the grace of God I am slowly beginning to see myself as I am.  In turn I am better able to love others despite their faults.  I am not as easily offended and leave hurting with resentment when others offend but rather seek to find ways to minister truth to them instead while taking their sin upon me by the power of Christ in me that I may win them deeper unto him.

Please do not faint in well doing for we reap if we persevere through him who strengthens us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

20 hours ago, Yowm said:

I noticed there is a 'seeker's lounge' for non believer's. I was thinking maybe there should be a believer's lounge where no debating is allowed. I did see this room...

Absolutely Positive!

Uplifting and Encouraging Discussions!

Maybe that would fit the need for someone who wants to avoid the heavy wrangling?

While that is considered, i think debating in itself is not a bad thing, as different points of views can be presented which can be informative and to some, they may have never seen that angle before.  If it is done without name calling and with respect for the forum rules and the participants in general, i say why not.  Just my take.  After all, we are here to express our minds, see our faults and learn what we may have missed or taken for granted.  Done with the view of the heavenly father looking down on us, then we would have a healthy respect for each other.  Apology is just not a word, it is an action from the heart.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

This is exactly the kind of posts that make me want to go.