JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Doubt can creep into the minds and hearts of everyone until you reach a point that God has proven himself so trustworthy doubt cannot enter your mind even if it seems there is strong evidence to doubt God. That evidence in the long run always proves to be circumstantial or fraudulent or conflated or convoluted. The old argument can God create a rock too heavy for him to lift? 

Don't let the idea that you ever doubted or could doubt trouble you.

We are fallen, sin-natured human beings in a fallen, decaying universe. We identify most with the circumstantial or fraudulent or conflated or convoluted. That's why there are courts and contracts and why we need laws and enforcement etc etc. And in the end... only the omnipotent mind of God can perfectly / adequately discern between good and evil. This is another very important reason why God gave us the Bible:

John 17:17 (AV)
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And we have the formula of truth:

• 1 Thessalonians 5:21
  • 1 John 4:1
  • Acts 17:11
  • 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Just be aware that we human beings are prone to doubt God and are easily convinced by his opponents that lies about God are true. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The remedy for doubt.....FAITH.

My point was that human beings are complex, complicated, and in a very real sense completely insane. 

Just like the angels who fell prior to the creation of the physical realm.

What is the definition of insanity?

Compare it to humans and angels ever telling God "no." Or in opposing God or in trying other than God's ways or methods in doing anything.

Fish are meant to breathe water yet we (as fish) would try to breath air...

God says "universe, exist!" and it does. He tells us to do some things and not do others (because in addition to having control over how things work, he loves us)... and we do the opposite and we champion those who challenge God at every every every point.

It is from that said of us that doubt comes.

I believe that awareness enables precaution and disarms things getting out of control.

Be blessed. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, JohnD said:

My point was that human beings are complex, complicated, and in a very real sense completely insane. 

Just like the angels who fell prior to the creation of the physical realm.

What is the definition of insanity?

Compare it to humans and angels ever telling God "no." Or in opposing God or in trying other than God's ways or methods in doing anything.

Fish are meant to breathe water yet we (as fish) would try to breath air...

God says "universe, exist!" and it does. He tells us to do some things and not do others (because in addition to having control over how things work, he loves us)... and we do the opposite and we champion those who challenge God at every every every point.

It is from that said of us that doubt comes.

I believe that awareness enables precaution and disarms things getting out of control.

Be blessed. 

Shalom, JohnD.

I get antsy sometimes waiting for God to do something in particular within my life from time to time, but I never stop trusting that He has my best in His mind and heart.

On another, more trivial matter, "the angels who fell prior to the creation of the physical realm" is more of an opinion than Scriptural fact. Just sayin'.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:41 AM, missmuffet said:

The remedy for doubt.....FAITH.

Shalom, missmuffet.

Yes, the remedy for doubt is faith, but try not to concentrate on the "faith" part. Concentrate on the God in whom your faith is placed. HE is the One in whom we trust and it is HE who has the power and the love toward us in which we can trust.

It's like "prayer." The reason why we have problems with praying is that it is frequently thought of as a duty we must perform each day, another task to perform, another habit to learn. However, if we contentrate on the One to whom we are praying - the One to whom we are talking and with whom we are spending time - then the praying becomes much easier and enjoyable! We begin to look forward to our time with Him! By learning to enjoy His company, we NATURALLY learn to enjoy prayer!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, missmuffet.

Yes, the remedy for doubt is faith, but try not to concentrate on the "faith" part. Concentrate on the God in whom your faith is placed. HE is the One in whom we trust and it is HE who has the power and the love toward us in which we can trust.

It's like "prayer." The reason why we have problems with praying is that it is frequently thought of as a duty we must perform each day, another task to perform, another habit to learn. However, if we contentrate on the One to whom we are praying - the One to whom we are talking and with whom we are spending time - then the praying becomes much easier and enjoyable! We begin to look forward to our time with Him! By learning to enjoy His company, we NATURALLY learn to enjoy prayer!

God and faith are a package deal. They come together.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

God and faith are a package deal. They come together.

Shalom, missmuffet.

Sure, but sometimes people think they "must have faith" and forget that it is GOD in whom we are placing that faith! Some people put so much emphasis on the "faith" part that they NEGLECT to focus on the GOD who deserves our faith!

For instance, it's not truly our faith that saves us. It is the GOD in whom we place our faith who saves us. There's no power in the faith; the power is in the God whom we trust!

11 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, JohnD.

I get antsy sometimes waiting for God to do something in particular within my life from time to time, but I never stop trusting that He has my best in His mind and heart.

On another, more trivial matter, "the angels who fell prior to the creation of the physical realm" is more of an opinion than Scriptural fact. Just sayin'.

Job 38:3–7 (AV)
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Just saying.

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Job 38:3–7 (AV)
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Just saying.

Shalom, JohnD.

And, if you'd read other things I've written, you'd know that this is a passage about the re-creation of the earth AFTER THE FLOOD!

Job 38:8-11
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
KJV

There were no clouds before the Flood, and the continental shelves weren't formed until after the Flood.

Just saying.

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, JohnD.

And, if you'd read other things I've written, you'd know that this is a passage about the re-creation of the earth AFTER THE FLOOD!

Job 38:8-11
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
KJV

There were no clouds before the Flood, and the continental shelves weren't formed until after the Flood.

Just saying.

OH?

Due tell why there were no clouds before the flood of Noah.

No rain... I agree the scriptures support that view. No clouds?

The very mist / fog that rose each morning from the ground were clouds.

And the vapor canopy supports a humid, cloudy atmosphere (high altitude at least).

So, please inform us all.