Paper mache

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, so, I'm against abortion completely. I don't believe a woman should ever have the right to kill her own child. Even in cases of rape, and when the mother's health is affected. I believe that when a woman gets an abortion, she is being selfish and is giving up. Now, I don't hate women who support abortions or have had abortions. But, I hate abortion with a burning passion.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this because I was curious about other viewpoints.

Do you think abortion is okay at all times? What about when a baby is the result of rape? When the mother's health is in jeopardy? Please also include your reasoning, whether you answer yes or no.

Here's my reasoning for being against abortion: God forms us in our mother's womb, and He knows us even before we're born, and has a purpose for us (Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:13). Okay so, what about in cases of rape? Well, sometimes we need to just get over it (although I'm not saying it'll be easy to just, poof, forget the trauma). We are told that there will be tribulations, and that we need to endure to the end. Life on earth isn't going to be perfect. But we can rely on God to get us through at least until we have accomplished our purpose. And as for when a woman's life is in jeopardy, I like to look at John 15:13 to answer this; "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." When a woman is willing to risk her own life to try to birth a baby, she is showing almost the greatest love (I say "almost" because God is the one who showed the greatest love when He sent His Son to die for us). Abortion, therefore, is not a loving decision.

I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts! :)

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, EVEN IF WE HAVE DIFFERING VIEW POINTS.

Edited by Brittany
I just wanted to include that, when I say we need to get over being raped and getting pregnant, I'm NOT saying it's wrong to get help. That's ok. We all need help sometimes. And there's nothing wrong with getting help to raise your child, either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

58 minutes ago, Brittany said:

Alright, so, I'm against abortion completely. I don't believe a woman should ever have the right to kill her own child.

You got it.  That's it in a nutshell. Once abortion is labeled as murder, abortions and abortionists would drop precipitously.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I agree with Yowm on this one. I am not sure really how I would deal with it if my wife's life was in jeopardy due to the unborn child. If my wife was going to die because of the complication I would save the life of my wife over the unborn child. I married my wife and she is my companion and we would have to deal with the loss of the child together. 

I say this but again I have never had to go through this event so I am just going by what I think I would do. I can't imagine what couples go through when this does happen to them. 

But abortion, unless the above was the case, is absolutely wrong and is just plain murder. And until society sees it that way it will continue. 

My thought has always been give the child up for adoption. There are many families that can't have children and would love to take the child in. But killing it is not an option, EVER.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I agree that abortion is wrong. But why don't we also focus on making sure abortions are not needed. Our society has reached a point where no one wants to live without having frequent sexual intercourse and I'm saying we have to give that up. What's more children have to be taught it isn't important unless they want to make a baby. When I was a teenager a lot of girls still refused to have intercourse because abortion was illegal and they didn't want to get pregnant. But even after abortion became legal a certain number of women continued to think of intercourse as a baby making thing. It was better that way. So I'm saying we have to instill this idea back in our own heads and then is our children's minds. If we do this there won't be much need for abortion.  

Guest BacKaran

I don't recall hearing of anyone I know almost dying from having a baby, I agree it may seem like it while in labor....

Even if my health is at stake, my baby should be the focus!

I had a baby out of wedlock and believed we'd be married but people make different choices. So I had my son by myself which was very hard first because he was a Huge baby..11lbs 3.25 oz with a 16 inch head... Then I Got all the way to "ten" after three days of labor and finally a c section was done. He was 22.5 inches long, looked like Hercules next to a normal 7lb baby. He was actually like a three month old baby and was put on baby formula in his milk! He was a big kid until he high.

When going into surgery I thought well, who would make good god parents if I die? My folks are too old, oldest brother and wife don't want kids, older sister isn't n married yet, younger brother is too young so younger sister and her boyfriend were my choice as he has a large family of kids. 

I survived and yes it was a big deal, almost dying while giving birth but He worked it out all out.

Remember Mrs tebow was told for her health to abort, her story is interesting but she didn't and we now are celebrating a great football baseball Star, Tim Tebow.

Even if we are told we could die, God just might have other plans......I will always side with God not man.

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The trend was back to natural childbirth for many years.  My friend had two babies by herself and her husband with no midwife or medical doctors involved.  It wan't till her little dachshund had placenta previa and nearly died that the realized that a lot of things can go wrong in childbirth.  When I look into my family tree, the main cause of death in healthy women seemed to be childbirth.  

I know one case where a woman would literally go insane when she was pregnant.  She was told not to have more children by her M.D. but got pregnant again and took a shotgun to herself, her husband and most of her kids.  Three survived.  It was probably due to hormonal imbalance.  There are times that an abortion may be appropriate, but I agree it must clearly be shown that the mother's life was in jeopardy  and every effort should be made to save the child. I would even recommend a review board for each so that this would not be an arbitrary decision. Murdering the child by acid or pulling it apart limb by limb is barbarian genocide.  And I hate abortion as does God.  

The Didache was written during the first century and was included with the Bible scrolls by much of the early church as basic teaching prior to baptism.  The Jews didn't practice abortions because they valued life, but the heathen nations did or killed their newborn babies quite frequently due to their forcing women to be whores as part of the worship of fertility gods like Ashtar, Dianna, & Venus.  So the teaching of converts contained in the Didache said in the 10 commandments "Thou shall not kill or commit an abortion".  This was the clear teaching of the early church and should continue to be so.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

The liberal Left Establishment has been denying for decades that a baby is a person at conception.  Here is an example of such denial, followed by a hidden retraction, since it was a lie to begin with.

Magazine Retracts Claim That Fetal Heartbeats Are ‘Imaginary’

Atlantic buries corrections to error-filled piece on ultrasounds

http://freebeacon.com/issues/magazine-retracts-claim-fetal-heartbeats-are-imaginary/

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

A few years ago, back in 1993 I was hosting a TV show twice a week, mostly on politics, but had the opportunity to do a half hour live show on the evils of abortion...as a prolifer I took the opportunity..my guest was now prolifer as well in her late thirties..she had had an abortion when she was in her late teens..now at her stage of life, the psychological and physical effects were devastating for her..as she said that decision has now ruined her entire life, and she felt she will never get over the guilt and remorse she suffers daily from allowing that to happen to her.

She went on to say, this pyschological and physical trauma is common in all cases of abortion that she is aware of.   The abortion industry does not counsel women about alternatives, but, in fact, encourages this terrible crime against humanity and God's creation. The abortion industry preys on the young and the uninformed.   It has become a huge satanic money making organization, that needs to be stopped, as it goes against the very Creation of God and the sanctity of life. I pray to God, that He will intervene and put a stop to this terrible, terrible activity.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

For me it partly a civil rights issue, the life in the womb has a right to life and the mother has not right to override that.    However, laws against abortion will not stop this reality but only create a whole new class of criminals.  Unless our culture changes from the bottom up, a change of heart and perhaps an understanding the life in the womb does have rights, then it will continue.  Yet abortions seem to be lessening, hopefully, this trend will continue.

Men who refuse to take responsibility, families who fear what others will think of them play a significant role.  Christians get just as many abortions as those who are not.....it is usually a one shot deal, yet the toll is horrendous not only in the loss of the life in the womb, but on the women who gets the abortion.....they need compassion and healing and given the knowledge that forgiveness is available through Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You make some good points, but it is up to the government and their agencies to stop encouraging, funding and enabling the abortion industry as is now the case.   The young and the uninformed consider it a viable option because of this enabling by governments, and some of the older generation who have lost their moral compass..

If what you say "christians" have as many abortions is true, then they have not learned the value of life from their "churches" and "pastors" and it confirms a blatant ignorance on the part of these institutions and persons to preach/teach this subject..it is a sad reflection on todays society which has been given an attitude of "life is cheap" and the "disposable" people..where does it end? The end times are gaining momentum as prophesied in the Bible.