• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

10 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

And that is good news indeed!!

Yes, I've been reading here many years, and lately it seems there is more negative posting, even from myself.  I'd like to see more posting of hope, good news, redemption, 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

Fallen angels taught people how to abort way back, pre-flood.... it's been going on a long time. 

Not sure whether fallen angels should be blamed for human sinfulness, although at the time of Noah they did promote wickedness and were subsequently chained in Tartarus.

Also, murder has been going on since Cain murdered Abel.  That is quite irrelevant to the current issue of legalized abortion. The sacrifice of children to pagan idols was not exactly abortion either.  

Abortion has been deliberately promote as a method of birth control since the 20th century (since it was illegal in the Victorian era), and that is the real issue. It is connected with so-called "women's rights" and Margaret Sanger.  In addition to that governments have used taxpayer money to fund abortions, which is also criminal. Once the destruction of fetuses is declared to be murder with extreme prejudice, the punishment should be equally severe.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

And yes, abortions are considered a blood sacrifice.

Well you can certainly stretch it, but the actual practice does not involve false gods and idols with a ritualistic sacrifice to them.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

14 hours ago, Brittany said:

Would you support killing just anyone who got addicted to something? I disagree with you here. 

But I do agree on the part that we should keep women like that from getting pregnant, if possible. 

No I don't support killing people who have been addicted. I didn't say that, or at least, I certainly didn't mean that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/23/2017 at 7:10 PM, Brittany said:

Alright, so, I'm against abortion completely. I don't believe a woman should ever have the right to kill her own child. Even in cases of rape, and when the mother's health is affected. I believe that when a woman gets an abortion, she is being selfish and is giving up. Now, I don't hate women who support abortions or have had abortions. But, I hate abortion with a burning passion.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this because I was curious about other viewpoints.

Do you think abortion is okay at all times? What about when a baby is the result of rape? When the mother's health is in jeopardy? Please also include your reasoning, whether you answer yes or no.

Here's my reasoning for being against abortion: God forms us in our mother's womb, and He knows us even before we're born, and has a purpose for us (Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:13). Okay so, what about in cases of rape? Well, sometimes we need to just get over it (although I'm not saying it'll be easy to just, poof, forget the trauma). We are told that there will be tribulations, and that we need to endure to the end. Life on earth isn't going to be perfect. But we can rely on God to get us through at least until we have accomplished our purpose. And as for when a woman's life is in jeopardy, I like to look at John 15:13 to answer this; "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." When a woman is willing to risk her own life to try to birth a baby, she is showing almost the greatest love (I say "almost" because God is the one who showed the greatest love when He sent His Son to die for us). Abortion, therefore, is not a loving decision.

I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts! :)

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, EVEN IF WE HAVE DIFFERING VIEW POINTS.

Abortion in general is wrong. I think there is no question on that. However, there are going to be some special cases. What is the life of mother is in danger? Do we apply blanket rule and say abortion is wrong no matter what? I don't think so. It is not an easy choice for the mother, but it would probably be the best choice. And it should be allowed in such exceptional cases. I don't think rape should be a reason for abortion. These exceptional cases are not large in number. Today we see abortion being so common. Women want to abort their babies because they feel it would disturb their career or studies. Or simply they are not ready to parent! It is a sad sad thing

I think there is another tricky situation which I don't think anyone has brought up. What is the mother knows the child is going to be born with some disease? Most common would be down syndrome. I think medical field is advanced enough to find if the child would be born with down syndrome or not. Even there are other conditions which doctors would be able to find very early. Should the baby be born and face pain on earth every day it faces? Or should abortion allowed in those cases? Personally I believe abortion should not be done in those cases also. Pain and suffering are consequences of fallen world. We cannot take remediation into our own hands by terminating life. A person becoming totally sick cannot take his or her own life. Same applies to babies also.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 1/26/2017 at 0:52 PM, ravindran said:

Abortion in general is wrong. I think there is no question on that. However, there are going to be some special cases. What is the life of mother is in danger? Do we apply blanket rule and say abortion is wrong no matter what? I don't think so. It is not an easy choice for the mother, but it would probably be the best choice. And it should be allowed in such exceptional cases. I don't think rape should be a reason for abortion. These exceptional cases are not large in number. Today we see abortion being so common. Women want to abort their babies because they feel it would disturb their career or studies. Or simply they are not ready to parent! It is a sad sad thing

I think there is another tricky situation which I don't think anyone has brought up. What is the mother knows the child is going to be born with some disease? Most common would be down syndrome. I think medical field is advanced enough to find if the child would be born with down syndrome or not. Even there are other conditions which doctors would be able to find very early. Should the baby be born and face pain on earth every day it faces? Or should abortion allowed in those cases? Personally I believe abortion should not be done in those cases also. Pain and suffering are consequences of fallen world. We cannot take remediation into our own hands by terminating life. A person becoming totally sick cannot take his or her own life. Same applies to babies also.

one of my issues with abortion when the mother's life is in danger is that, 99.9% of the time, abortion is not the only solution to the problem. emergency c-sections can be performed. abortion is never medically required, although abortion is in some cases the convenient solution.

Guest shiloh357
On 1/26/2017 at 11:52 AM, ravindran said:

Abortion in general is wrong. I think there is no question on that. However, there are going to be some special cases. What is the life of mother is in danger? Do we apply blanket rule and say abortion is wrong no matter what? I don't think so. It is not an easy choice for the mother, but it would probably be the best choice. And it should be allowed in such exceptional cases.

No one goes to an abortion clinic when the mother's life is in danger; they go to the hospital, Abortion clinics are only for convenience abortions and those are the only kind of abortions that exist.   

There has never been an abortion performed for the sake of the life of the mother.  And there are two reasons for that:  First of all, hospitals do not perform abortions.  2.  Medically terminating a pregnancy is NOT an abortion.  For example, one of the major reasons, a mother's life is in danger is an ectopic  pregnancy where the egg is fertilized in the Fallopian tubes.  In that case, the tubes are removed to save the mother's life, not to kill the baby.  The death of the embryo is incidental to the procedure.  It is not the purpose of the procedure.

Abortion in general is wrong.

No, it's always wrong.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Its strange how they all teach birth control but noone teach to wait until youre married.  If only. And then, made sure the parents had the skills, personality(so no abuse occur) etc. then much could be won. And if more people all helped eachother we could get more help and support. 

Abortion is a big sin, I could never condone it.  Especially as I have seen the pictures of aborted babies theyre human looking early. But its not right, I believe in adoption. Even when theres a rape. I believe God can end a pregnancy too, 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Abortion is the worse possible crime that can be committed against the human race...anybody hurting children at all stages of development will be severely punished by God, as this terrible crime goes against God's very creation...

It has produced a culture of death in countries that allow and encourage it..human dignity, compassion, respect, and decency are completely lost by this terrible crime against humanity.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

So too, a baby first conceived has no spirit.

If God told you that, you should be able to confirm that with Scripture.  Where does the Bible confirm that baby does not have a spirit when it is first conceived?